Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

No doubt.  This doesn't seem like it is straight.  If I were the Raiders, I would want the league to check this out.  Not like it will make a difference in the end, but still.

Yeah because belichick got antonio brown to give up millions to go to a team where their is nothing promised. And be advised that his agent was probably making calls yesterday.

Also why would belichick screw his good friend mike mayock over and tell brown to act up and get out of his contract.

Bs

Edited by Cmdjr85

8 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

No doubt.  This doesn't seem like it is straight.  If I were the Raiders, I would want the league to check this out.  Not like it will make a difference in the end, but still.

Well exactly.....this happened way too quick....He threatened a GM didnt he?  I thought the next step was to be repremanded by the NFL?

We are all in agreement that this was CLEARLY in the works for a while right? I haven’t read through the thread but we aren’t all naive enough to think that this Pats deal came together in 30 minutes right?

FWIW, I have a good friend that works in the Falcons front office and they want it investigated. The Steelers are in the same boat.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Yeah because belichick got antonio brown to give up millions to go to a team where their is nothing promised. And be advised that his agent was probably making calls yesterday.

Also why would belichick screw his good friend mike mayock over and tell brown to act up and get out of his contract.

Bs

Brown got a $15M contract with $9M signing bonus.  Signing bonuses are GUARANTEED money.

Belichick has no concept of what friendship is...wake up, genius.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We are all in agreement that this was CLEARLY in the works for a while right? I haven’t read through the thread but we are all naive enough to think that this Pats deal came together in 30 minutes right?

FWIW, I have a good friend that works in the Falcons front office and they want it investigated. The Steelers are in the same boat.

God I hope so. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Neo said:

Spectacular for NE.  There is only upside.  AB will thrive, or be shown the door without having cost the Pats a penny or jeopardized their culture.

The Pats are bigger than AB.  The Pats have all the leverage.  He’ll walk into the locker room as just another interchangeable part in terms of value to the team.  “We won with Chris Hogan.  Shut up, work, or go home”.  There will be no Gruden pandering.  There will be no series of escalating fines.   If he gets in the face of Bilichick, 52 guys will kick his a**.

He needs them. They don’t need him.   Whether he recognizes that or not, I have no idea.  He’ll star, or go home without leaving a trace.

The Pats are the best organization in four sports.  Whether it’s circumstance or genius, we can debate.  That they are, we cannot.

Actually it would cost them $9MM guaranteed.

Edited by PromoTheRobot