Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Which is why they signed him? They don't need him?

Obviously, a stable AB is a huge get.  But they win the SB with scrub receivers.  That’s the situation he’s walking into and why it’s different than Buffalo and Oakland.  They don’t need him to own and they have proven that over and over again sadly.

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Tampering without a doubt in my mind. We've all been played

No doubt.  This doesn't seem like it is straight.  If I were the Raiders, I would want the league to check this out.  Not like it will make a difference in the end, but still.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

And I completely disagree here fanboy.  

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell ya!

There's a difference between being a fan boy and somebody who calls out hypocrisy for no other reason than to stretch to make a point in support of a tired, predetermined narrative. 

• Like (+1) 1

Spectacular for NE.  There is only upside.  AB will thrive, or be shown the door without having cost the Pats a penny or jeopardized their culture.

The Pats are bigger than AB.  The Pats have all the leverage.  He’ll walk into the locker room as just another interchangeable part in terms of value to the team.  “We won with Chris Hogan.  Shut up, work, or go home”.  There will be no Gruden pandering.  There will be no series of escalating fines.   If he gets in the face of Bilichick, 52 guys will kick his a**.

He needs them. They don’t need him.   Whether he recognizes that or not, I have no idea.  He’ll star, or go home without leaving a trace.

The Pats are the best organization in four sports.  Whether it’s circumstance or genius, we can debate.  That they are, we cannot.

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

All a player has to do is act strange and be a distraction so they can be cut and go wherever they choose.

This won't be the last time you see this.

And the next one will have to outdo AB on level of clownliness.

I was wondering where the silver lining to this whole mess was. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

This sets a bad precedent in the NFL.

All a player has to do is act strange and be a distraction so they can be cut and go wherever they choose.

This won't be the last time you see this.

Karma don’t play childish games. Something will happen to the Pats. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

Calling a white persona cracker is not racist. The majority cannot be the victim of racism. White people have privilege.

This is a garbage take. Anybody can be a target of racism regardless of race.

I’ve had a gun put in my face and threatened to be shot for being white while being called a “cracker” simply for being some place that “privileged” whites weren’t supposed to be. That’s racism.

You don’t know anything about the world or racism.

Edited by eanyills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

So says you. Do you think Mayock batted an eye when he was called a cracker? Try calling someone the n-work and see how it affects them. That is racism.

But let's not turn this thread political.

Ummm 1 persons reaction doesn't make it official. I know black people who aren't offended by the N word and let white friends say it... So it doesn't affect them personally... Kinda screws your argument

I also know white people who would get offended at being called a cracker, because it's a derogatory term for a slave owner which nobody alive in America was

So your argument sucks and it's your OPINION

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, from_dunkirk said:

I am not going to turn this thread political, but Doc made the first political comment on page 1 of this thread.

You were the first one to bring up politics when someone else mentioned a racial comment. 

The two are not related in the context of the thread or in any other matter since 99.9999999% of people don't think twice about it. 

Congrats you are the 0.00000001%

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

JFC...Gordon and Brown...Brady best receiving corp since Moss...just what we need.

just as long as they don't run too far...  Brady's long balls have been ducks the last few years.

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Spectacular for NE.  There is only upside.  AB will thrive, or be shown the door without having cost the Pats a penny or jeopardized their culture.

The Pats are bigger than AB.  The Pats have all the leverage.  He’ll walk into the locker room as just another interchangeable part in terms of value to the team.  “We won with Chris Hogan.  Shut up, work, or go home”.  There will be no Gruden pandering.  There will be no series of escalating fines.   If he gets in the face of Bilichick, 52 guys will kick his a**.

He needs them. They don’t need him.   Whether he recognizes that or not, I have no idea.  He’ll star, or go home without leaving a trace.

The Pats are the best organization in four sports.  Whether it’s circumstance or genius, we can debate.  That they are, we cannot.

$9M signing bonus i think

image.jpeg

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 1