Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, BillsDiehard said:

Pats are $4.9m under cap...how can they afford a $24m AB contract?

Screenshot_20190907-144615.png

That's the real reason AB won't play...the Pats likely got some contract reno's and manipulation to do.

But the contract is rumored to be "up to" $15M with a $9M bonus.  So in theory....$5M could be performance bonuses cleverly structured to fit the league's "unlikely to be achieved" milestone but seen as achievable for AB, and they could put a phantom year on there to amortize his $9M signing bonus, now his cap hit is $5.5M and they have to come up with a measly $0.6M.  Chump change.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  You're as delusional as your hero.  The fact is he lost $21M with his "crazy like a fox" move.

Bell left money on the table, millions, as well....but he didn’t have but a small fraction of AB money in the bank.  That was pretty dumb given the nature of the RB position.

i guess any of us shlubs could never conceive of giving up millions but his bank account gives him that luxury.  Plus you don’t know that he won’t ultimately make as much in NE

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

But the real question is why aren’t you glad the patriots have cancer now?

Beause this was all staged... he went from a malignant cancer on one team, to a benign cancer on another. 

AB will not be a problem for the Patsies.

Whoever merged these goddamn threads made me completely lose my place where I was reading through them. Frustrating

Brown being released and Brown signing with a different team are two distinct things that deserved their own threads

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Gotta wonder what would happen if a white Steelers or Chargers player used a racial slur against Tomlin or Lynn.  Or wiretapped?  Jeez.  There should a be a suspension coming down................but there won't be, because BIG NAME PLAYER to NFL's TEAM. 

4 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Coaches and defenders all over the league are probably about fed up with the Patriots as well. I have a feeling the Patriots have finally crossed a line and everything is going to CRASH at some point this season, likely by way of Brady getting career'd.

I have a feeling they might win another SB. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Don’t forget the dynasty started with the tuck rule against the raiders.  The Pats have bent them over. 

Wow.  I forgot about that!  This kind of crap is pushing me more and more away from this league.  This crap is literally ruining my love for the game, Bills or no Bills.  Last year was the first year I didn't pay attention to the Super Bowl.  I'll watch college games and I'm getting more into baseball this year.  The hell with the NFL.

1 minute ago, boater said:

Beause this was all staged... he went from a malignant cancer on one team, to a benign cancer on another. 

AB will not be a problem for the Patsies.

Well unlike real cancer you can just ignore AB. Let him call you a cracker. Let him not show up if he doesn’t want to. No need to let the patriots have him for free. 

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Why i was serious when i said get him..if the culture is as great as they want to say in Orchard Park, it can sustain guys and get them to buy in

I'd have no problem with them bringing him to Buffalo........Josh Allen NEEDS playmakers to elevate his game IMO........... but IMO AB wasn't coming here for anything close to market value and vastly overpaying creates it's own disincentive(I still think the ridiculous deal the Pegs gave Rex contributed to his disinterest in putting in the effort at a time when he needed a push.......which is kinda' where AB seems to be at as a player).