Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

OMG, this crap again.  If you can’t recognize why NE is completely different than Buffalo, I really have no idea what to tell you. 15-17 and Josh Allen vs. 6 SBs, Belichick, and Brady.  AB will be cut if he farts in a meeting.  In Buffalo and Oakland, would have to kiss his butt and he’d still pull crap.  Different leagues homeboy. 

This is why I believe “The Process” is a buzzword.  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

What were they supposed to do?  Let him keep doing dumb things?  They were dumb for trading for him and giving him a contract in the first place. 

agree on being dumb to trade for him

however once they had him and he made a joke of them, they had other options besides rewarding his behavior by giving him what he wanted

they could have suspended him.

They could have also worked toward making him sit the entire season without pay.

instead they just showed every player that accountability and their rules dont mean ***** which is never a good thing for any organization...

so yeah they made a dumb move by trading for him and continued to make dumb moves

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I'm sorry, but you will never convince me that there wasn't some kind of tampering involved here before Brown was released. 

Definitely some back-channel stuff happening.  I mean, he wasn't even eligible to talk with other teams until 4:00pm.  You are telling me that that Pats* and Brown wee able to draw up a $15 million contract that was agreeable to both parties, get the papers sent and signed, etc. in 45 minutes?  Come on now.  This absolutely stinks or collusion, tampering, cheating, and whatever else you want to call it. 

You all know what is happening next, right?  Gronk is going to be coming out or his "retirement" in the next week or 2 to just top all this crap off.

That said, I just picked up Gronk off the waiver wire in my fantasy league to pair with Brown and Brady who I already had..... May as well get something good out of this garbage.

That part is apparently outdated.   A new rule this year allows discussion basically as soon as the player is informed.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Sorry I grew tired of batting you around like a ball of string and went for a ride.

Hes made 70 million.  He didn’t want to play with Derek Carr. He gave up money to get out.  It’s been done before...

Exactly, it was basically a temper tantrum to get what he wanted. What WR wouldn’t want to play on the Pats? 

Just now, The Bills Blog said:

Disgusting. Sickening.

I have a strange feeling he won't get suspended now that he's in NE.

This might be the final straw for me with NE. I don't know that I can watch anymore. If they have success, everyone's level of hatred of them will reach unprecedented levels. Pure disgust.

I don't see how this is acceptable to the NFL? This is about as premeditated as it gets. Utterly disgusting how players can manipulate the system to their hearts content. How other owners aren't up in arms about this is amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

You just know he's gonna be fine in NE. They might not win a SB this year, but they will probably clobber the Bills twice given the talent there.

I mean, did you think they weren’t going to beat us twice?  I just pray he’s really crazy and destroys that lockerroom from the inside. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That part is apparently outdated.   A new rule this year allows discussion basically as soon as the player is informed.

Even if that is true, this still happened extremely fast.  I am convinced Brown knew what was happening all along and was doing everything in his power to get released.  He finally found something that worked and here we are.

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

I don't see how this is acceptable to the NFL? This is about as premeditated as it gets. Utterly disgusting how players can manipulate the system to their hearts content. How other owners aren't up in arms about this is amazing.

Other teams could have signed him. I really don’t get why people get upset by this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2