Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Do you struggle to support America?  Because there are countless examples of terrible people get chances after chance and having very important high paying jobs.  

True but that’s not something really avoidable. The NFL on the other hand...

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Did AB and Belichick meet to devise this plan last summer?  I want to sign you without giving away any draft picks.  Make it happen AB.

I could definitely see this being rigged from the start. 

Brown basically wrote his ticket out of Oakland.. never wanted to play there. Pats tell him to go through with it and they’ll sign him to a super bowl squad. 

Watch him act like a church boy now...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MattM said:

This is at least the 3rd similarly fishy move with these guys—most recently being Blount a few years back and of course Randy Moss a ways back. I’m sure I’m missing some....

What is fishy about it?  Blount got cut and they signed him.  Moss hated Oakland and losing.  This is what having the best qb and coach do for you.  And if he acts up, they get rid of him. 

• Like (+1) 2

Part of me says WTF?  Part of me says OF COURSE!  Why wouldn't he want to go there?  The NFL ain't rigged, somebody, someday, has to put a stake in the heart of the Pats...until then, they will always be the favorite to win it all and along the way, they will keep collecting talented players who want a ring.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, MattM said:

We’ll see.  If he all of a sudden acts normal, for example.

At a certain point, these guys may not care as much about the $ as a chance to get a ring....

Not him, he forced his way from the Steelers to the Raiders for more $. Only reason he forced his way out again was because he has no more gtd $.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, gotme365 said:

Unfortunately I believe this was in place months ago.

It did seem kind of quick and suspect in that right after his meltdown people were talking about him getting nothing more than a minimum deal.  Now the Pats* suddenly sign him to a large deal similar in 2019 pay to the one he got ripped up.  As YOLO noted above, all he’s basically doing is taking a chance that his play this year won’t get him a similar long term deal to replace his Raider deal.  

Cheaters always seem to be cheating.

15 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:
Unbelievable...  ? ?

this is why I am sick of hearing how great Brady is. Year after year the Pats tamper with other teams players (Blount) and give Brady WR’s, RB’s etc. that no one else has.  Brees, Rodgers or Wilson would destroy Brady’s performance if they had these QB’s.  

• Like (+1) 1

So many people ripping on AB.  He played everyone. Wonder how quick he head gets straight now.  It’ll be a miracle.  As I noted, it’s the LeGarrette Blount play with the intermediate trade to the Raiders thrown in as a twist. 

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Solution: cheap shot Brady into retirement. 

I could not agree more