Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Good one.  But if his behavioral changes are from a glioblastoma, he's got bigger issues to worry about than football.

Foot fungus is not easy to control.  Same for recurrent a fib with RVR.

Could be anything now that you mention it. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, no, there was no "plan."  The dude is mentally ill.  He demanded a new contract with huge money from any team stupid enough to trade for him and still couldn't behave himself enough to ensure he got his guaranteed money.  If his plan was to be traded anywhere, he could have taken far less money. 

Could be.  He might have been mentally ill all along.

So everyone who makes poor decisions is mentally ill? Consider me confused how you can determine this about AB. 

48 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

@K-9

I don't often say "I told you so," but...

I can’t give you too much credit here. I mean conditions on the ground dramatically changed overnight. They did a complete 180 going from accepting his apology and declaring he was gonna play Monday to having had enough and cutting him. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Foot fungus is not easy to control.  Same for recurrent a fib with RVR.

Could be anything now that you mention it. 

I'll add that to the differential diagnosis list.  Way at the bottom, of course.

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

You’re giving him way too much credit. By acting this way, he’s cut down the number of teams willing to sign him tremendously. So he can’t just “go wherever he wants” now. And he just urinated away $30 million on top of that. 

There was no master plan, he’s just a headcase.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, no, there was no "plan."  The dude is mentally ill.  He demanded a new contract with huge money from any team stupid enough to trade for him and still couldn't behave himself enough to ensure he got his guaranteed money.  If his plan was to be traded anywhere, he could have taken far less money. 

Again time will tell.

Sure he got a big contract that came with a way out and his agent isn't stupid.

What teams are going to pass on him? Teams that don't have a strong locker room and winning culture. Kid yourself not, NE could bring him on and he would be a model citizen and would cause no issues. Brady would have his ass in check from the start and he'd be winning games and in the playoffs and probably a Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Yav said:

You guys are looking at this all wrong. This was the plan. He signed a deal that the team could void all the guarantees? Who agrees to that? 
he got there, saw how bad the team is and talked it over with his agent and they did everything they could so he could hit the open market. 
He can now pick where he wants to play. Have to give him credit, it was brilliant. Wrong but brilliant.

I suppose it's theoretically possible, but then, a lot of things are theoretically possible.

We can't rule out that getting to Oak training camp and seeing the guys he'd be with influenced his feelings and behavior, but I don't think that kind of stone-cold calculation is anywhere near wherever it is AB's head is at.  And if his agent was part of it and that came to light, he would never work as an agent again.

I think all signs point to AB spent 9 years in the Steelers locker room with a "Little people, Pay your Tax" mentality with regard to team rules - they didn't apply to him.  The Steelers covered it up until he went too far.  Then they shipped him out for a pittance, which is all they could get once it became known he wanted a renegotiated fat contract with a lot of guarantees.

I think it's very clear between the lines of how "postal" AB went at being fined league-standard fines for clearly listed infractions, and then being fined again for "conduct detrimental to the team".  "Consequences for Uber-Talented Moi?  The Nerve!  How DARE they!  Lackey!  oh Lackey!  Yes you, Rosenhaus!  Bring me to a team which properly appreciates my wonderful greatness and will not subject me to these indignities!" is my read on AB's reactions.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

BEST THING YET......ZERO money paid and Drew Outhouse's percentage of NOTHING is NOTHING......LMAO........skank............

Actually I don't think he gets the ENTIRE nothing …. he only gets like 3 or 4% of the nothing … just sayin'

3 minutes ago, Yav said:

Again time will tell.

What teams are going to pass on him? Teams that don't have a strong locker room and winning culture. Kid yourself not, NE could bring him on and he would be a model citizen and would cause no issues. Brady would have his ass in check from the start and he'd be winning games and in the playoffs and probably a Super Bowl. 

I think he's going to be a problem wherever he goes. It's part of his "being true to himself" kick. Winning covers a lot though, if he goes to NE, he may shut up and play for a ring.

The fact that some of you are blaming OAK and not AB for this situation says more about you guys than the situation. AB will still be crazy wherever he goes.

Edited by ndirish1978

4 minutes ago, Yav said:

Again time will tell.

Yeah I'm sure Rosenhaus' plan  was to forfeit $900K (at least, from the guarantees) so that AB could play for whoever he wanted. 

The most rational conclusion is AB is mentally unstable.

Edited by Doc

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

How do you release the best WR in the league? It makes no sense! Have you seen his stats?  :lol:

Makes a lot of sense.  Have you seen his press?  There's likely a lot more that hasn't even been publicized.  Divorce happens.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD

17 minutes ago, Yav said:

He will be on another team and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in NE and has a great year and wins a SB. He wants to be on a team that will get him the ball as much as possible and NE fits that bill.

IF he goes to NE* there is definitely the chance of winning the SB, as much as I hate to admit.  But AB will be disappointed, and probably throw a hissy fit, that he doesn't get the ball as much as he wants.  Brady spreads it out.  I'd assume Edelman gets more receptions than AB since Brady is very comfortable with him.  AB would be a year by year or short term rental.  No way will the Pats commit a long term, big money contract to him.  I actually doubt AB winds up with the Pats; don't think they want that distraction/headache.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Makes a lot of sense.  Have you seen his press?  There's likely a lot more that hasn't even been publicized. 

This also shows that Pittsburgh is a solid organization that was able to keep things under control a bit longer.  This is all on AB, but the Gruden/Mayock Raiders are a mess. 

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Dallas just paid Zeke and has Cooper and Prescott left to sign.  I don't think Dallas has the cap space

The thought of AB signing with New England makes me nauseous.

AB seems like the kind of guy that holds a grudge, so Baltimore or KC (Steelers or Raiders rival) seem plausible.

Can't see NE signing him. They sign guys who've been humbled for a year or two, guys who are cheap (maybe Brown will be this time) and guys willing to subvert themselves to the system, often because they've been out in the cold for long enough to make them desperate for a way back in. Brown shows no signs whatsoever of being willing to subvert himself to Belichick's system. 1000 to 1 shot right now, IMO.

I can see him getting a contract, but can't see any team giving him significant guarantees, and he asked out of Oakland when his guarantees disappeared. I wonder if he's going to take the year off. Purely a guess, but I think that's what will happen.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I like how AB can throw a racist slur at Mayock and nothing is made of it.  If Mayock had done the same to AB, it would be headline news, Mayock would be fired, and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be in an uproar.

It’s simple: due to the history of this country, people will always be more sympathetic/willing to look the other way if a black man calls a white man a “cracker.” When a white man calls a black man a “n!gger,” there’s weighted history there. A dark period in this nation’s past. A slur is a slur and neither one is right, but since the white man has never been oppressed like their colored counterparts, the derogatory slurs will never receive the equal reaction you’re looking for.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I agree Shaw. He may or not be a good coach, but he has no business running a team. I'm sure I'm forgetting things but a small list since he returned to the Raiders:

1.) Traded arguably the most dynamic defensive player in the league to get them picks & clear up cap space to rebuild the roster.  -This is the dumbest move he made since returning...you start the rebuild with Mack as your centerpiece.

2.) Trading Cooper to Dallas for what was going to be a late 1st round pick. - Again keep a few of your good players to help the rebuild. It's not Cooper's fault he plays for the Raiders. With the Raiders 6 games, 22 rec. 280 yards 1 TD. With Dallas 10 games, 53 rec. 725 yards 6 TDs. Average per game with the Raiders - 3.6/46.6/.16, with Dallas - 5.3/72.5/.66

3.) Signing Nathan Peterman - I mean I'm sure he's a good guy and all, but everyone knows who Peterman the QB is. He'll impress the hell out of you in camp & pre-season, but once it's real...he's a CB's best friend. 

4.) Traded for Antonio Brown and redoing his contract to give him more money - I thought he didn't have money to spend on a big contract? Just a year later he signs AB in what would become the biggest tire fire I've ever seen in the NFL and they haven't even got to game 1 yet.? 

5.) Drafting Clelin Ferrell with the 4th pick in the draft. - Good player, but not at 4th overall. They could've had Josh Allen, who most people say is the best passer rusher in the draft. The man is a beast. They then could've used their 24th pick and an additional pick to move up into the teens and still got Ferrell.

6.) Caving over and over again to AB, even to the point that with all he did he wasn't released until AB asked for it. - Gruden comes across as spineless, even taking AB's side over Mayock's. It was rumored he was already close to losing the locker room last year after the Mack trade, this will probably add more fuel for the fire with some players.

Gruden has shown over and over again why he shouldn't run a team. He had a decent/good core to build around with Mack, Cooper & Carr. Blew it up and probably kept the worst of the three. They're so much further away from just being respectable than they were when he arrived. As I said yesterday Gruden couldn't win a coin flip if you gave him a hundred tries. 

In fairness, you have to see what happens with Ferrell, we all think we know where guys will be drafted and are always wrong.  If he turns into a stud, it was a great pick, if not, he looks pretty dumb.