Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I like how AB can throw a racist slur at Mayock and nothing is made of it.  If Mayock had done the same to AB, it would be headline news, Mayock would be fired, and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be in an uproar.

Do you forget that Riley Cooper was caught on video saying he'd fight ever N****r in here at a damn Kenny Chesney concert, and then still played in the NFL for several more years

Edited by Laughing Coffin
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

I'm sure it didn't register as a slur with Mayock.  The closest he knew of a cracker in his youth was a small piece of toast topped with beluga and crème fraiche..

Now...............that's racist.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Do you forget that Riley Cooper was caught on video saying he'd fight ever N****r in here at a damn Kenny Chesney concert, and then still played in the NFL for several more years

He might as well have boasted that he would fight any Tibeten monk at that concert.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Have a look at Ryan Leaf's tweet from yesterday I think.  He said AB doesn't want to play football anymore.  Leaf knows because he went through the same thing and acted in the same manner.  That's his take on this at least.

It may be that, it may be more general personality disorder, hits to the head may be involved too.

But AB is clearly not thinking clearly these days.

Thing with Ryan Leaf was, he couldn't cut it in the NFL.  Antonio Brown is a HOF caliber WR that's 31 and has played now 9 seasons.  The question is, why does he work so hard his entire career and arrive at this point if this is true?  Why does he force his way out of Pittsburgh and then do the same in Oakland?  Why does he sign that contract?  

Something is not right there.  And I refuse to use the word "crazy" because it denotes something people don't truly understand.  He just needs help.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Perhaps, but what if his motive throughout this has been to leave the game of football?  He may not care about any of that.

It doesn’t make sense to damage his reputation in a profession where he’s had so much success. If any of what you said is true, I may have to reconsider the CTE argument 

You guys are looking at this all wrong. This was the plan. He signed a deal that the team could void all the guarantees? Who agrees to that? 

he got there, saw how bad the team is and talked it over with his agent and they did everything they could so he could hit the open market. 

He can now pick where he wants to play. Have to give him credit, it was brilliant. Wrong but brilliant.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Only white people can be racist against black people. 

1 minute ago, Yav said:

You guys are looking at this all wrong. This was the plan. He signed a deal that the team could void all the guarantees? Who agrees to that? 

he got there, saw how bad the team is and talked it over with his agent and they did everything they could so he could hit the open market. 

He can now pick where he wants to play. Have to give him credit, it was brilliant. Wrong but brilliant.

I do wonder about this... If he walks to the patriots right away that is an honest thought... 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Only white people can be racist against black people. 

Huh?  The point being made is that someone else did the flipped scenario he's saying would result in so many firings yada yada and virtually nothing happened because of it

Not sure why some of us white people are always looking for opportunities to feel oppressed or victims of prejudice and racism.  We aren't missing out trust me lol

Edited by Laughing Coffin

2 minutes ago, Yav said:

Not sure about this.  Pretty much every other team is going to be turned off to AB, who has a negative track record with the Steelers AND the Raiders in less than a year's time span.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Thing with Ryan Leaf was, he couldn't cut it in the NFL.  Antonio Brown is a HOF caliber WR that's 31 and has played now 9 seasons.  The question is, why does he work so hard his entire career and arrive at this point if this is true?  Why does he force his way out of Pittsburgh and then do the same in Oakland?  Why does he sign that contract?  

Something is not right there.  And I refuse to use the word "crazy" because it denotes something people don't truly understand.  He just needs help.

Yeah I agree, Ryan Leaf should just stay quiet. Trying to compare himself & his situation to AB is just laughable. Leaf is only known from how much of a bust he was, his opinion on AB is almost on the same level as one of us lol.

Me personally i dont think AB is crazy. He didnt beat up his girlfriend or do anything like that. The feet injury & helmet issues were distractions for sure, but could be rationalized. Just the media jumps all over stories involving players as big as he is. AB mos def doesnt help his situation with how he reacts, especially in todays world. But i wouldnt call him crazy per se.