Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

Just now, bigK14094 said:

Ab and JOsh gorden.....a match made in heaven.....troubled souls for sure.  Good luck to the Pats  (NOT)

Yeah, all these people talking about the AB being changed by the Cheater way forget that Gordon has been ***** up with them repeatedly there.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Good old WEO logic.  With Belichick, players respect him as a coach, but AB went crazy because he couldn't respect Mayock as a GM.  It's not at all on your boy Gruden now, is it?

Yeah but AB won't pay.

I think that Gruden would have to agree to that.  When he was still a Raider, I didn't think he would.  Now...

I think Gruden was definitely doing the good cop,,,,,because he HAS to.  He's got nothing else on offense.  Wouldn't that be logical take?

I'm sure Gruden talked Mayock off the ledge and made AB do this "public apology" to get him on the field SUnday.  But then AB took it next kevel again.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's crazy.  He just cost himself $30M, which he will never see again.  If any team does sign him, it will likely be after week 1 so that they can pay him on a per-game basis.  And not for $1M/game like he was making.

And why did he want nothing to do with Oakland after agreeing to be traded there?  The guy is just crazy.

He watched some Carr…..

8 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't know, BB has an ego too, and it's possible if he can get him for vet minimum with incentives, BB could then show the world again why he is the greatest by being able to reign in someone that others thought was impossible.

..he has scorned and insulted two organizations a/k/a Steelers and Raiders, with no end in sight for this clown.....The Commish will eventually suspend him for threatening violence against Mayock....doubt BB or even Kraft vs The Commish is worth the headache.....just my opinion though..........

3 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Even bigger props to the Raiders for pulling the trigger on the cut. Brown fails to realize that his behavior in all this will damage his chances of getting signed anywhere, let alone a lucrative contract 

Perhaps, but what if his motive throughout this has been to leave the game of football?  He may not care about any of that.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I said in November these threads might disappear.  The assumption is that once he started playing....

Who's been questioning that he's a great football player everyone knows that. But it sure as hell didn't stop his being a head case from effecting the team he was on.

Just now, bigK14094 said:

Ab and JOsh gorden.....a match made in heaven.....troubled souls for sure.  Good luck to the Pats  (NOT)

The sad part is that only the Patriots could pull it off. This will be interesting to see where he winds up. As long as he is not in our division.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

And why did he want nothing to do with Oakland after agreeing to be traded there?  The guy is just crazy.

I don't get it either but clearly he has done everything to get axed from Oakland...if his agent is to be believed he wants a new team

Edited by x-BillzeBubba

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I like how AB can throw a racist slur at Mayock and nothing is made of it.  If Mayock had done the same to AB, it would be headline news, Mayock would be fired, and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be in an uproar.

There so much truth to this but I didnt want to go there when the news first broke of what was said.

It's pretty disturbing. 

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

But isn't an agent's contract based off of a percentage of the total contract? They may agree to take money paid at certain points of the deal, but I doubt they are contingent on the client having to fulfill it.

Thats doesnt make sense. Why would an agent make money off part of a contract that isnt paid out because you got released early? No player would be ok with that. Agents get paid based on what the players actually receive from the club. Period.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure he signs anywhere any time soon.  He's been too erratic.  But if he is picked-up I would bank on: Seattle, New England or the Jets.

Seattle and NE because they have signed troubled players before and both teams have a need at the position.  The Jets because they like flashy toys.

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I like how AB can throw a racist slur at Mayock and nothing is made of it.  If Mayock had done the same to AB, it would be headline news, Mayock would be fired, and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be in an uproar.

I'm sure it didn't register as a slur with Mayock.  The closest he knew of a cracker in his youth was a small piece of toast topped with beluga and crème fraiche..

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

*affecting*

offacting

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes, I covered all of that months ago.

On 8/21/2019 at 6:21 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Something tells me we will be revising this post this season...

Months...couple weeks ago same thing really.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up in NE and is the model citizen. I think once he got to Oakland and saw how crappy that team was he just put this act on to get out of there.