Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

You think someone will sign him now?

He would need to agree to agree to a psychological work up for me to go anywhere near him. And then his contract would be week by week.   I would not give him anything guaranteed. 

Psychological evaluations are easy to beat. Even though it may cause Brown great discomfort, all he has to do is tell them what they want to hear! Who knows what that is! 

4 minutes ago, VADC Bills said:

Correct, but now that they are together they make a very interesting braintrust.

Keep in mind Mayock has never held a position in the GM chain of command.

I liked his reporting but not impressed with what I have seen so far.

Go Bills!!!

I'm impressed that he was smart enough not to give AB a big signing bonus in his contract and have the guaranteed salary not vest until he played a game.  Made it easy and cheap to cut him.  Mayock protected his employer from that risk.  He also was very patient during the helmet thing.  He also got to a point where he expected AB to put aside the distractions and get to work.  I'm very impressed. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...doubt he would even want to entertain such a distraction.....sure he's gambled on others, but this clown is WAY over the top IMO....he's destined for a suspension under the personal conduct policy for physically threatening Mayock.....bet The Commish will be REAL happy to see him back in his office after Helmetgate.....

It would be poor judgment to dump AB now, and Rosenhaus is too intelligent for that mistake.

At least IMO.

5 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Gonna have to work harder for that. AB is one of the best players in the league. You’re not even top 10% of posters on here. 

Teef is a top 10% from my perspective.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Personnel evaluation in the NFL is hard because there are humans involved ?  The on field performance is a significant part of the equation, but just part of the equation and maybe not even the majority of the evaluation.  When the trade happened -- the pundits were saying the Steelers got ripped, now the same pundits are likely saying the Steelers are geniuses...

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't think it matters because the team doesn't pay the agent, the player who hired him does, so I would think AB would still owe his agent his cut because his agent did his job negotiating the deal for him. The only way he wouldn't get paid is if he declined taking it now that he isn't getting paid, or if his client contract with Brown says he only gets paid if the contract is fulfilled (I can't see that because then agents would lose out if/when players get cut without completing the deal)

No way the agent gets paid based on the total contract. Alot of it is imaginary money. They get paid based on what the player actually gets paid. With a nice lump sum coming out of the signing bonus. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

AB makes Chad Johnson and T.O. look like choir boys.

What a friggin headcase and meltdown. Props to the Steelers for dealing with this idiot for so long. 

If he never plays a snap again will he make the HOF?

Knowing how fickle the HOF voters are? No. At least for a long long time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...doubt he would even want to entertain such a distraction.....sure he's gambled on others, but this clown is WAY over the top IMO....he's destined for a suspension under the personal conduct policy for physically threatening Mayock.....bet The Commish will be REAL happy to see him back in his office after Helmetgate.....

I don't know, BB has an ego too, and it's possible if he can get him for vet minimum with incentives, BB could then show the world again why he is the greatest by being able to reign in someone that others thought was impossible.

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

AB makes Chad Johnson and T.O. look like choir boys.

What a friggin headcase and meltdown. Props to the Steelers for dealing with this idiot for so long. 

If he never plays a snap again will he make the HOF?

All you had to do with TO and Johnson was tell that they were grounded...then they would shut up.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Geez did Mayock say something slightly negative about Kraft 5 years ago or something?

There is at least one other GM who lost a top receiver after some antics recently.  That was the Steelers GM.  And he has experience.  I wonder if there is a common thread there.

That Steelers GM drafted him in the 6th round.  Then, when he had to chose whether to pay Mike Wallace or save the money for Brow, he let Wallace walk an re-signed AB.  AB was the best WR in the NFL during the length of the contract and the next.  When AB got to be too much at the end of last season, that GM put him on the market,

Mayock, knowing the freak show he was bidding for, put on display of total lack of control and embarrassment.

Your response was typically poorly thought out and clumsily expressed.

Your never ending fetish for Kraft remains your strength, so you've still go that going for you...

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

No way the agent gets paid based on the total contract. Alot of it is imaginary money. They get paid based on what the player actually gets paid. With a nice lump sum coming out of the signing bonus. 

But isn't an agent's contract based off of a percentage of the total contract? They may agree to take money paid at certain points of the deal, but I doubt they are contingent on the client having to fulfill it.