Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Right but to put him on the team they have to cut someone else where they might be scooped up while they go through there experiment with a guy that's just proven he's going to do whatever the hell he wants. Also I don't think AB's ego would allow any deal made for him to be anything cheap.

You think being forced to cut the 53rd man on the roster would make the Pats pass? 

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I would think his client still would owe him his cut because he did manage to negotiate and get him the deal. I doubt its contingent on them fulfilling the entire deal. Wouldn't this be the same as a player signing a long term deal and getting cut before it's over?

I could be wrong but I doubt Rosenhaus squeezes Antonio for a cut on a deal that completely fell through .Im  not a lawyer hopefully one will chime in.....its an interesting point especially since he remains Antonio browns agent

• Like (+1) 1

...astonishingly IMO to see the Raiduhs had "defensive protective language" built into this deal....$1 mil bonus was split into 2 parts....$500K for OTA's/TC participation at 85% minimum...FAILED...remaining $500k was for being on day one roster...NOW failed....his $29+ mil in guarantees were locked in on day one roster under CBA......so for him to whine about his guarntees being Raiders cancelled, he had to sign something to allow Raiders to void them in return for no waiver or suspension...would Drew Outhouse allow him to do so?....bottom line is I don't give a rat's azz......bottom line he's gone from the NFL ( a tumor removed) unless the no scruples like Jurrah or Boy Danny Snyder hand him a sharpie....BB?...no way IMO....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Especially considering the hill extension

And that they only got rid of Hunt because he lied about not kicking some lady, not because he kicked her.  

If yiu are up front your criminal or sociopathic behavior, he's cool with it all...

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Agreed. I dont think he wants to play anymore. But that wont stop a team from signing him.

You think someone will sign him now?

He would need to agree to agree to a psychological work up for me to go anywhere near him. And then his contract would be week by week.   I would not give him anything guaranteed. 

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Rosenhaus has made and is still making (endorsements) plenty of money off of AB. Even if he doesnt get paid from the Raiders deal, he'll chalk it up as cost of doing business and move on to AB's next deal, endorsement, tv contract.

I don't think it matters because the team doesn't pay the agent, the player who hired him does, so I would think AB would still owe his agent his cut because his agent did his job negotiating the deal for him. The only way he wouldn't get paid is if he declined taking it now that he isn't getting paid, or if his client contract with Brown says he only gets paid if the contract is fulfilled (I can't see that because then agents would lose out if/when players get cut without completing the deal)

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

And that they only got rid of Hunt because he lied about not kicking some lady, not because he kicked her.  

If yiu are up front your criminal or sociopathic behavior, he's cool with it all...

On this we agree.  And it's disgusting.

Just now, VADC Bills said:

Correct, but now that they are together they make a very interesting braintrust.

Keep in mind Mayock has never held a position in the GM chain of command.

I liked his reporting but not impressed with what I have seen so far.

Go Bills!!!

There’s a learning curve for sure. But I don’t think Mayock will be there long enough to flatten it out. I suspect he wasn’t fully on board with AB from the start after what AB pulled in Pittsburgh because I think as a former player and old school graduate, he has too much respect for the game and AB was the antithesis of that last season. 

14 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If this was true he wouldn’t have accepted the job from Gruden. He’s equally culpable imo.

I was referring to the Hard Knocks circus. 

And I bet he won’t be long for the Raiders circus, either. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, papazoid said:

NE accepts zero distractions

big mouths get shipped out.... (you don't here a peep out of josh gordon)

no way he goes to NE 

Plus...Josh Gordon's issues are not attention seeking.  He's dealing with substance abuse and that is very personal.  I wish him well in that he can completely recover...but I wish it wasn't on the Patriots.  He's a good receiver when he's healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Manther said:

NE could have Demaryius Thomas and Antonio Brown?  I don't think AB can be controlled by BB at this point and wouldn't last long.  I think AB needs some help IF he is going to be in control mentally.

Ugh, if Thomas is half what he was and AB is mentally ok (he still performs at peak levels) that would be crazy weapons.  Brady has only really had one top notch receiver being Randy Moss.  And, that was a record season when they hit on all cylinders.

...doubt he would even want to entertain such a distraction.....sure he's gambled on others, but this clown is WAY over the top IMO....he's destined for a suspension under the personal conduct policy for physically threatening Mayock.....bet The Commish will be REAL happy to see him back in his office after Helmetgate.....

4 minutes ago, Margarita said:

I could be wrong but I doubt Rosenhaus squeezes Antonio for a cut on a deal that completely fell through .Im  not a lawyer hopefully one will chime in.....its an interesting point especially since he remains Antonio browns agent

You think a guy like Drew would keep AB around after causing him to lose his cut of ABs deal with his antics after all the work he had to put in to get him it in the first place? I would think if he isn't getting paid, he would be dropping AB right now since the next contract he negotiates for him is probably going to be for vet minimum with incentives. 

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't think it matters because the team doesn't pay the agent, the player who hired him does, so I would think AB would still owe his agent his cut because his agent did his job negotiating the deal for him. The only way he wouldn't get paid is if he declined taking it now that he isn't getting paid, or if his client contract with Brown says he only gets paid if the contract is fulfilled (I can't see that because then agents would lose out if/when players get cut without completing the deal)

Gonna be funny when DR sues AB for theft of services.