Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

trying to reason about Antonio brown  is like trying to make sense out of nonsense. Right now he is acting nonsensical ….who knows what team will want to take on this headcase I'd guess not many I don't care how talented he is...and besides that, who will acquiesce with his helmet demands? Noone. Stalemate. His actions are clearly not in his best interest he and only he has screwed the pooch on his NFL career..I feel sorry for him ZERO 

When you say noone, you mean this guy?

peternoone.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Point is, he has the millions to help himself. If he doesn't it's on him.

As long as he get the help. I don’t think anyone is disagreeing that his actions have brought it all upon himself. 

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I don't see it.  If he bristled under the discipline of Mike Mayock, I can't see him wanting to knuckle under and do things the "Patriot Way."  Jeff Darlington just reported on ESPN that Brown wants it to be like the NBA where all players aren't accountable and stars are treated like stars. That's why the Raiders were perfect for him because Gruden "loves his players" and as long as they produce on the field, he'll tolerate anything else.  Mayock on the other hand demands accountability.   

The......WHAT??  Is that a thing?

Mayock is a nobody.  He commands little respect--he's a guy who did mock drafts.  You're saying that BB's leadership would not be as "demanding? as whatever Mayock does?

That's a hot take righ there...

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think that's gonna happen.

Point #1: If he's on a team's roster for week 1, as a vested vet his salary is guaranteed, unless there's explicit language to the contrary.  Since Brown's "line in the sand" asking for release is that Oak apparently said they were seeking to void his guarantee along with the $215,000 fine for screaming at Mayock, calling him a cracker, and threatening to punch him in the face, he can hardly agree to that latter without huge "loss of face"

Point #2: NE Offense is all about "Get In the Playbook".  Which takes more than 48 hrs.

I dont think his Raiders contract matters anymore? He signs a brand new deal with a new team. Could be a 1 year "show me" deal. Could be anything. They could knock something out quick tonight, to get him on the team, and also get him a little bit of money immediately. Then even renegotiate in the near future.

He doesnt need to be that deep into the playbook to already know some basics. Plus, he doesnt even need to play. Would just be a head game against the Steelers to have him there.

I dont think they do it in time for Sunday night. But I could see him end up in New England.

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

One of the strangest preseason’s for any player in the history of sports and somehow the Hard Knocks crew managed to capture almost none of it. Very odd.

I read somewhere that Mayock would not agree to be "mic'd up" during filming.

• Like (+1) 1

The Patriots are the only team that really makes sense for him. It'd be his best chance at winning a Superbowl. All people care about is if you win & if he won a superbowl he could in his mind prove all the doubters wrong, especially after this fiasco. Yeah money isnt gonna be as good as it was in Oakland, but he has tons of money already & will get more regardless.

I really hope it doesnt happen but it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

Serious question here.

What does Drew Rosenhaus do about his "fee" for ABs Oakland contract? Since AB gets nothing, Drew gets a percentage of nothing … which is less than nothing. Does Drew sue AB for what he should have gotten? Does Drew just eat the fact that AB flushed his potential payday? Was Drew paid in advance once the contract was signed?

inquiring minds want to know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I read somewhere that Mayock would not agree to be "mic'd up" during filming.

Given his almost none existent participation in the production, when GMs have been main story lines every year, I fully believe this. And good on him for taking that stance. Mayock doesn’t like circuses.

• Like (+1) 1