AB asks Raiders to release him on Instagram (update: Raiders oblige and release him)

Reed83HOF

5 minutes ago, Chemical said:

When did I say he wasn’t? Why do you keep saying I don’t understand?

I don’t think you understand. How’s that feel?  How about just make an argument and have a back and forth without getting meta about who is comprehending what. 

If you know Brown is a loose cannon and you fine him 30 million dollars what do you think will happen? 

Saying that takes no blame off Brown, just pointing out the Raiders could have handled it differently knowing who they traded for and are dealing with. 

Edit: I’m being told the 30million wasn’t voided until the second or 3rd fine after the mayock incident which is reasonable. 

But the Mayock incident was caused by the instagram post by ab of the earlier fines. The bear was getting poked after the helmet is my point.

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Does Brown want to play anymore? 

I think Brown likes the attention and probably the money but I don’t think he likes the game. I think Brown has figured this out on some level and is struggling. 

This is a good point... he probably just wants to take his money and live his life...but he doesn’t know how to walk away from the game because he is in his prime and everyone is depending on him...just a guess, but it clearly seems like football is the last thing he wants to do...he realizes his reputation is tarnished beyond repair and doesn’t know what to do.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

But the Mayock incident was caused by the instagram post by ab of the earlier fines. The bear was getting poked after the helmet is my point.

Yeah, I’m also not 100% sure the first fine didn’t void the guarantees. After reading the addendum someone posted it seems like ANY fine or suspension voids all guarantees. 

5 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Just want clarification on something with the timeline here. 

Brown missed practice due to feet injury (as part of personal offseason conditioning), then missed practice due to helmet grievance, 

then did he miss another practice and that’s why he was fined?

also, was the 30mil voided after the first fine? Because that seems excessive to me. If you think otherwise that’s ok. 

But his fight with mayock seems almost reasonable if that’s the case. 

Let those who have been fined 30mil dollars cast the first stone. He shouldn’t have done it but I can understand his mindset after learning he just cost himself 30 million. 

Thats IF the above timeline is correct. 

Not right.  No 30 mil fine.

I think this is the sequence:
Brown showed up at training camp (in a hot air balloon - so appropriate!) with injured feet.  The Raiders put him on their "Non Football Injury" list.  He vanished to seek treatment on his feet, and they let that slide.  Later it came out his feet were injured by inappropriate footgear during cryotherapy.

Then started HelmetGate.  The NFL heard Brown's helmet grievances and tested a newer model of Brown's helmet that he'd found.  The helmet didn't pass and the grievance was rejected.  Brown was off NFI.  There was a bunch of "won't play football if I can't have my helmet" whinging.  At THAT point, mid August, Brown missed practice and got fined for it - about the same time as Gruden's "All in or All out" thing.  He also missed a walkthrough, and now apparently he's been fined for his behavior towards Mayock.

The Raiders have not fined AB anything close to 30 million (his guaranteed salary under his contract) and his fight with Mayock is completely unreasonable.  His fines have been much much lower - thousands, tens of thousands - exactly in accord with the schedule of fines laid out in the NFL-wide schedule for different infractions, agreed to by the CBA and available to all the players (and the public) on the Internet.  (The problem seems to be that the Steelers never applied those fines to Brown no matter what crap he pulled.  They just let it slide.)

There has been talk that if they suspended Brown, it would void his guarantees.  It may also have voided his guarantees to have all the behavior he's had.

But there is no 30 million fine or anything close.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No he won’t haha.  That’s the whole point.  He thought Buffalo was a punishment.  This is where you’re wrong.  He didn’t want to be here so we couldn’t offer him a contract.

damn doc!  I was out but your wrongness brought me back!

The Raiders aren't a punishment?  LOL! 

Stay out.

2 minutes ago, Beane/Allen said:

Why is this so hard to understand? 

Who's going to miss him?  Besides you?