AB asks Raiders to release him on Instagram (update: Raiders oblige and release him)

Reed83HOF

Just now, teef said:

I unfortunately don’t think you understand it at all. Don’t get me wrong...the raiders actions have been strange too, but this is a brown driven problem. The guy is an #######, and it’s actually getting in the way of his career. 

Ryan Clark said this years ago and got trashed for it.  He said money made him a monster.  He was a 6th round pick who made himself into a star.  I genuinely like the guy.  But fame can be awful for some people.  

He reminds of another guy who consistently says stupid stuff.  Why don’t someone stoping him?

13 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Just want clarification on something with the timeline here. 

Brown missed practice due to feet injury (as part of personal offseason conditioning), then missed practice due to helmet grievance, 

then did he miss another practice and that’s why he was fined?

also, was the 30mil voided after the first fine? Because that seems excessive to me. If you think otherwise that’s ok. 

But his fight with mayock seems almost reasonable if that’s the case. 

Let those who have been fined 30mil dollars cast the first stone. He shouldn’t have done it but I can understand his mindset after learning he just cost himself 30 million. 

Thats IF the above timeline is correct. 

He was fined for missing practice for the feet and helmet issues. Some $40k or there about. That’s a separate issue. That is not what lost him his guarantee. 

What lost him his his guarantee was being fined for “conduct detrimental to the team” when he accosted and threatened Mayock at practice. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I remember one article grading everyone’s free agency and we got a D or an F because we couldn’t secure Brown. 

Id love to see if that person feels the same now? 

I'm sure he'd double down. No one ever admits their wrong anymore. He'll just spin it and even make up stuff if required to justify his position.

Edited by vincec

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Ryan Clark said this years ago and got trashed for it.  He said money made him a monster.  He was a 6th round pick who made himself into a star.  I genuinely like the guy.  But fame can be awful for some people.  

He reminds of another guy who consistently says stupid stuff.  Why don’t someone stoping him?

Are you trying to bring politics into this?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Who in their right mind would sign him?

New England and Seattle both have the staffs and supporting cast to handle him. Either way some team will take the chance. His agent has got to shaking his head wondering what he got himself into. 

6 minutes ago, teef said:

I unfortunately don’t think you understand it at all. Don’t get me wrong...the raiders actions have been strange too, but this is a brown driven problem. The guy is an #######, and it’s actually getting in the way of his career. 

When did I say he wasn’t? Why do you keep saying I don’t understand?

I don’t think you understand. How’s that feel?  How about just make an argument and have a back and forth without getting meta about who is comprehending what. 

If you know Brown is a loose cannon and you fine him 30 million dollars what do you think will happen? 

Saying that takes no blame off Brown, just pointing out the Raiders could have handled it differently knowing who they traded for and are dealing with. 

Edit: I’m being told the 30million wasn’t voided until the second or 3rd fine after the mayock incident which is reasonable. 

Edited by Chemical

4 minutes ago, Beane/Allen said:

I get it. 

We all lose though 

We do?

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Looks like you're finally coming around.  It's all about the money for AB.  If the Bills paid him what he wanted, he'd gladly have been a Bill.  The Raiders are no one's preferred destination.

5 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I understand that. Can’t both be true?

Agreed. They could also fine him without voiding the 30million 

Sure, but chose not to. I'm a big believer of actions, not words when it comes to a front office. Assuming gruden, mayock and davis were on board, that tells you something about how they feel more than you'll get out of any press conference

1 hour ago, eanyills said:

There was a lot more drama in Pittsburgh than just “beef with Big Ben.” It was a gradually escalating series of events that led to Brown leaving Pittsburgh. Those types of events have continued to escalate in Oakland. Brown was never like this until a couple years ago. His continued escalation of irrational behavior suggests some sort of mental breakdown or social-emotional disorder. Of course, a guy with that type of ego would never consider the possibility until it’s way too late, like when his NFL career is over in his prime later this week.

Ryan Clark begs to differ, says AB has always been an egomaniac and things just became evident to those outside the locker room when he got money and fame. Steelers covered up a LOT of AB stuff. 

1 hour ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Sometimes people feel entitled, and it’s right.

Why should Big Ben get to take days off or meetings off, or half speed practice, and he has to continue to work harder than everyone else with no wiggle room?

I guess I see a guy who has proven his dominance and wants a little slack. And the powers that be won’t give it to him. He doesn’t need the NFL anymore, and the NFL certainly doesn’t need him. Which is a shame because he’s an incredible player. 

Watch him sit out this year and go to the XFL with Kaepernick and light it up. 

Sometimes people earn a block, sometimes people just can't form a rational thought and you block them out of kindness so you don't have to read nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Chemical said:

When did I say he wasn’t? Why do you keep saying I don’t understand?

I don’t think you understand. How’s that feel?  How about just make an argument and have a back and forth without getting meta about who is comprehending what. 

If you know Brown is a loose cannon and you fine him 30 million dollars what do you think will happen? 

Saying that takes no blame off Brown, just pointing out the Raiders could have handled it differently knowing who they traded for and are dealing with. 

Edit: I’m being told the 30million wasn’t voided until the second or 3rd fine after the mayock incident which is reasonable. 

Fine him 30 million?

Just now, Chemical said:

Just edited my post, but yeah if a fine comes with voiding 30 million in guarantees how is that not a 30million dollar fine?

I’m going to say this again, mostly because it’s true...you don’t understand. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

We do?

Looks like you're finally coming around.  It's all about the money for AB.  If the Bills paid him what he wanted, he'd gladly have been a Bill.  The Raiders are no one's preferred destination.

No he won’t haha.  That’s the whole point.  He thought Buffalo was a punishment.  This is where you’re wrong.  He didn’t want to be here so we couldn’t offer him a contract.

damn doc!  I was out but your wrongness brought me back!

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Does AB even sign for that though? Or would he prefer to just sit at home. 

He feels he has nothing to prove. he also believes he is the victim. When I listened to his youtube video I didn't get the impression that he wanted to play football. His rambling about him being real and more than just a football player, leads me to think that he isn't interested in a 1 yr  veteran league minimum contract the a.k.a. "prove it deal". Poor Antonio, I guess he will just have to live with his $70m in career earnings, and focus on whatever brand he has left.