AB asks Raiders to release him on Instagram (update: Raiders oblige and release him)

Reed83HOF

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right now it seems like Maycock has had his legs cut from under him. This whole situation is making him look like the GM in name only.

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if Mayock is having second thoughts right about now about taking the job.

13 minutes ago, SJDK said:

No. You can say any pub is good pub all you want but if brown is released nobody is signing him to a big contract. Nobody. Players notice that stuff. They would think twice about signing Rosenhaus.

Wasn't saying it was good pub. Wasn't saying nobody would sign AB to a big contract if the Raiders cut ties.

I just don't see the tie between the video and Rosenhaus - except that now he has to manage the situation and protect his clients and his own interests. If he manages that his stock could actually rise. 

17 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

This makes alot of sense and could be  part of the problem with him getting the money. Dude could just be mentally ill on his own too. The illusions of grandeur are there for sure lol

that would be delusions of grandeur, FYI .....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Wow. What an idiot.  I’m not sure about California, but in most states it’s a criminal offense to record a phone call without permission.  I’m guessing Gruden did not give AB permission to record that call.  That could easily be grounds to terminate his contract.

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Wasn't saying it was good pub. Wasn't saying nobody would sign AB to a big contract if the Raiders cut ties.

I just don't see the tie between the video and Rosenhaus - except that now he has to manage the situation and protect his clients and his own interests. If he manages that his stock could actually rise. 

In all honesty it was probably Rosenhaus that told AB to do make/post the video. 

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

Wow. What an idiot.  I’m not sure about California, but in most states it’s a criminal offense to record a phone call without permission.  I’m guessing Gruden did not give AB permission to record that call.  That could easily be grounds to terminate his contract.

It could be, but per the unnamed Raiders source quoted in a tweet up thread, it won't be.  Gruden laughed it off.  "Just play football, Man"

Mayock needs to either leave quietly, or place his manhood in a Blind Trust if he's gonna stay because that article linked above by Kurtenbach had it Damn Straight: this won't be the last of Brown's antics, not by a long chalk:

"But the video won’t be the end of it. Not by a longshot.

You give Brown an inch and he takes a yard, both on the field and off it. Now Gruden has effectively given him multiple passes for two transgressions that would have gotten any other player in the NFL immediately cut.

What’s next? I couldn’t have fathomed Friday night’s video, so whatever is coming is sure to be a doozy.

Oh, and we haven’t even started the season yet. Just wait until actual football is involved. Do you think Brown will hesitate to share his true feelings on quarterback Derek Carr if he’s not getting the ball frequently enough?"

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

In all honesty it was probably Rosenhaus that told AB to do make/post the video. 

Was it also Rosenhaus that instructed AB to confront Mayock? How about the helmet issue, Rosenhaus?

You may be right, I'm not dying on that hill, just wasn't my first thought. Maybe it's been sitting on the shelf the past few weeks and he/they decided to post it today. 

From what I've seen Rosenhaus has been trying to protect his investment and I'm not sure how posting the video this evening helps.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It could be, but per the unnamed Raiders source quoted in a tweet up thread, it won't be.  Gruden laughed it off.  "Just play football, Man"

Mayock needs to either leave quietly, or place his manhood in a Blind Trust if he's gonna stay because that article linked above by Kurtenbach had it Damn Straight: this won't be the last of Brown's antics, not by a long chalk:

"But the video won’t be the end of it. Not by a longshot.

You give Brown an inch and he takes a yard, both on the field and off it. Now Gruden has effectively given him multiple passes for two transgressions that would have gotten any other player in the NFL immediately cut.

What’s next? I couldn’t have fathomed Friday night’s video, so whatever is coming is sure to be a doozy.

Oh, and we haven’t even started the season yet. Just wait until actual football is involved. Do you think Brown will hesitate to share his true feelings on quarterback Derek Carr if he’s not getting the ball frequently enough?"

AB: Just what the hell do I have to do to get you people to fire me!

7 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Was it also Rosenhaus that instructed AB to confront Mayock? How about the helmet issue, Rosenhaus?

You may be right, I'm not dying on that hill, just wasn't my first thought. Maybe it's been sitting on the shelf the past few weeks and he/they decided to post it today. 

From what I've seen Rosenhaus has been trying to protect his investment and I'm not sure how posting the video this evening helps.

Not saying you're wrong, just had the feeling of something an agent would tell his client to put out there with the timing of everything. 

Also AB has seemed pretty damn out of his mind recently to come up with idea of recording his boss on a phone call. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

And people thought Terrell Owens had drama... TO was a saint compared to Brown.

Could be one of two things: 

1- It's just the media access of today, vs. 10 years ago.

2- TO really just was trying to get attention, while AB is just straight up insane... 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1