Would you change team name if you had the power?

3 hours ago, Blue on Blue said:

On the contrary, 'the Bills' may be best name in the NFL.  Because virtually nobody (except established fans) knows what the name refers to, it is in the abstract realm and thus can be anything you make of it.  So, whereas a Lion is a lion

and a Cowboy is a cowboy, a Bill is up to you...and to you...and to you.  That's why 'the Bills' make me want to shout!

It's true.  When people outside of Buffalo ask me what a Bill is, I like to say it's a baby buffalo.  They usually believe it.   

Instead of Buffalo Bills, I'd rename them to Buffalo Wings.

Just straight up Buffalo Wings.

If a game is on, they always show the falls and someone, somewhere making wings anyway, might as well just embrace it. 

The city is already known for Buffalo Wings, why not make them known for THE Buffalo Wings too? lol

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yes.

the Buffalo Barbarians, of course ;)

And my avatar would be the new helmet symbol.

class-crest-barb.jpg.33f2d091100f18c3e65

They’d be an episode on that Baltimore Swords and Knifes foundry show!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

This is by far the worst post in the history of this board.

You have not been around very long then.  There was a poster who wanted to trade our started DE to cardinals for their backup backup QB John Skelton and convinced a number of (formerly) respected posters of the validity of his insane idea.

Oh and on the original issue there was actually a poll on which name the new team was to be called and Buffalo Bills was the favorite.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

Bullets is not possible, given the political climate this century. It's a non-starter.

What if we had a bullet train as a logo to overstep the politically charged thoughts? Not that I would ever want to change anything about our teams identity now!