How upset will you be if Josh Allen Plays like Mitch Tubisky on Week 1

Nester

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Someone posts this sentiment every 30 seconds around here.

Why do you think some Bills fans are secretly rooting for that?

I am as big a Josh Allen critic as there is at this board.  I think he will be mediocre, a failure, and we will be looking for another QB in due course.

But guess what?!  I still want the guy to end up being better than Jim Kelly and for us to go on a wild winning streak this year!  And for me to say "Wow, I really had that wrong!"  

Why is it so hard for some here to understand the two competing thoughts?

I would suggest any Bills fan who literally wants Allen to fail is not a Bills fan and therefore, you should not concern yourself with such a person anymore than you would concern yourself with some Patriots fan and what he thinks about Josh Allen.

Mainly because some people want to be able to say that they told us so. Also some people get off on the run of failure the Bills suffered. 

On 9/7/2019 at 5:58 AM, Nester said:

On a scale of 1 to 10 how crushed will your soul be?  10 being so bad you just don't watch the rest of the season.

I feel so bad for the Bears right now, wasting the best team they have had since 85 on a dud QB, heralded to be their savior.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/9/6/20853124/mitchell-trubisky-chicago-bears-quarterback-throw-left

Trubisky's not bad.

And in the first game of the second season, a problem is just as likely to be a problem that will disappear or a fluke as a long-term problem.

I don't think trubisky played bad he was just very well contained against a great defense. He did complete some passes in very tight coverage. I don't think the Jets defense will be as good. Allen should have opportunities to throw deep on Jets. Both teams should have trouble running the ball so it's going to come down to darnold vs. bills pass defense and Allen vs Jets pass defense. If Allen can throw like trubisky did, bills will win.

I think the only thing that will upset me is if the Bills come out today and continue to play 1950s football by running the ball into a stout DL over and over again despite a lack of success. This team needs to modernize it's approach to offense. The Jets have weak CB play, I'd like to see them gameplan to take advantage of it. If Allen fails, so be it, but put him in a position to succeed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That is one game, everyone gets the benefit of the doubt on one game, especially the opener.  When you consider MItch did not play preseason at all, the performance is not that surprising.   That game may be show some of what we may see today with the lack of preseason reps, that probably favors the defense at the beginning of the season.

1 hour ago, MDH said:

I think the only thing that will upset me is if the Bills come out today and continue to play 1950s football by running the ball into a stout DL over and over again despite a lack of success. This team needs to modernize it's approach to offense. The Jets have weak CB play, I'd like to see them gameplan to take advantage of it. If Allen fails, so be it, but put him in a position to succeed.

Great post! 

I would love to see an offensive game plan designed to attack those corners and try to lure them into man coverage, and then beat them with straight up good QB and receiver play.  That's how good teams win for the most part.

Will McDermott instead shoot for a 17-14 victory via a run fest?

Let's hope not.

2 minutes ago, Element115 said:

Well his percentage was better but the 4 turnovers, yikes.

14 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Allen 64.8% :thumbsup:

And that includes 2 drops by Cole which also led to one of those turnovers.  And only 2 turnovers were on Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1