How upset will you be if Josh Allen Plays like Mitch Tubisky on Week 1

Nester

I recall a couple plays before the int he had a reciever running what looked like a wheel route -doesn't really matter- and it looked like he had plenty of space in front of him along the right sideline close to end zone.  Throw made and hits the defenders back...not having your 3rd season qb throw passes in preseason is strange to me.  Drew brews, Rodgers, tb12, sure sit them. 

?Trubisky? why?  Was he injured at all?  I would be very disappointed with that performance if it were the bills knowing the qb had zero throws in preseason and it showed (barring an injury holding him back)

1 hour ago, Nester said:

On a scale of 1 to 10 how crushed will your soul be?  10 being so bad you just don't watch the rest of the season.

I feel so bad for the Bears right now, wasting the best team they have had since 85 on a dud QB, heralded to be their savior.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/9/6/20853124/mitchell-trubisky-chicago-bears-quarterback-throw-left

Won’t be crushed at all. Just need to go get our guy. Lots of other pieces in place for the team.  No need to panic.  But, reasonably, that’s the fear - that Allen is a bigger, more athletic version of Trubisky.  But we don’t know what he is yet.  Let’s give Allen the chance to show us who he can be and then make our judgements.

• Thank you (+1) 1

He can start slow so if it carried on to the second or third game it would be more concerning, the board meltdown would be good for a laugh though. Last years rough start had the board melting down like Chernobyl, all the anti-Allen guys were firing anyone and everyone. Then he wiped the floor with Minnesota evaporating $5000 bets like Thanos and the silence was beautiful.

Go Josh, hope he shuts everyone up this year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

a dud QB? Mitch is doing fine.He made his typical "money" throws last night. followed by penalty after penalty. that wasn't his fault. it was first and ten, followed by 3rd and 40. with that defense, and another week of film, I expect them to be a playoff team. 

5 YPA and 3 points.  That sucks, any way you slice it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Not nearly as upset as my cat, after I kick her far enough to make a 45-yarder with room to spare.

Glad to know I’m not the only one who plays boot the kitty after bad plays. ?

Edited by El Guapo

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Was Mitch bad? 

He wasn't good.  He wasn't "Bad Fitz" or Peterman awful.  He missed some throws at the end that perhaps he could have made, but the guys were pretty well covered too.  He threw an ugly INT but it was pretty much desperation time and he was trying to force something to happen.

The question is how much of it was him, and how much of it was the Packers D?

Aaron Rodgers thinks it's the Packers D.  At the end of the game, he was all giddy, "bumping" Pettine with a big SEG plastered all over his face.

5 hours ago, mannc said:

BV, he looked bad, at home, in a big game against what last year was a very average defense.  It’s a long season, but the guy looked lost.  

And if I’m a Bears fan, I’m not happy with Nagy for sitting the starters for the entire  preseason.

Understood manic.  In an era of offense, that side of the ball can take a little longer to get up to speed.  

That said, yes, he cannot have games like that.  

The NFL continues to be more risk averse each season and HC's are in survival mode now more than ever.  I understand where Nagy was coming from resting starters, especially with all the criticism leveled over the years at HC's who lost starters in the pre-season.  But it's one game and they'll need to recover for week 2.  

7 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Mitch was pretty good last year. I would be happy with that. 

Mitch's 2018 season was a product of an extremely creative offense with multiple weapons that created easy opportunities for first/2nd read completions. When those first reads aren't open or there's pressure, he panics and isn't able to efficiently make decisions. I'm not a fan.

I'd be very disappointed if JA had a game like Mitch. They have some similar "issues." but I would expect JA to make more happen with his legs if a game unfolded the way that TNF went down.

7 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Zero.  I have better things to worry about than Allen being the fifth (sixth?  seventh?) coming of Clod Tollins.  

No doubt. Soul crushing is a really strong emotion to experience in this scenario. Disappointed? Sure. But I have bigger fish to fry in life than to have my soul crushed by a poor week 1 performance by a BILLS QB. Been there, done that.

Edited by LSHMEAB