How upset will you be if Josh Allen Plays like Mitch Tubisky on Week 1

Nester

Every year, people hoist up winners in week 1 and declare busts in week 1 then in week 2 and on they're made to the look the fool. Every year and yet they never learn.

However he looks in game 1, isn't necessarily a sign of the rest of the season.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm expecting progression but as you can see even Aaron Rodgers looks mortal at times. The Jets defense is going to get at Josh Allen, Greg Williams will make it a point to get to the QB, it should be a really close game as I think these 2 teams are very similar.

The Bills defense is going to make their offense look silly

I dont think there going to have him throw for 45 times in the game....Trubinsky stunk it up last night but its the HC fault for the loss as well.....horrible horrible game plan last night.....

I work with Bears fans and there are a lot mixed reviews today about last nights game. To the ones expressing doubt, I gave them an out by saying the Bears regulars were just rusty from a lack of preseason playing time. They seem 50/50 on Trubisky. Yeah, I would be concerned if Allen had a bad 1st game, but I would be careful to consider all of the factors that may have contributed to it. 

Edited by Rocket94

I thought Green Bay (and definitely Chicago too) played great defense last night. There didn't appear to be a lot open and GB looked really well prepared for EVERYTHING the Bears showed them. Robinson made some nice catches on contested throws from Trubisky to make his numbers look slightly better. They needed to throw contested passes because there didn't appear to be much of anything available and he was under duress the whole game. If Josh plays sucky and looks confused/baffled/on the run all the time, I'll be unhappy but will realize it is game 1 of a 16 game season. was on the road in a tough place to play and will hope for better vs the Gmen. I'm not going to read doom and gloom in to 1 game. If it continues throughout the year, that's a different story.

4 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I work with Bears fans and there are a lot mixed reviews today about last nights game. To the ones expressing doubt, I gave them an out by saying the Bears regulars were just rusty from a lack of preseason playing time.

Then maybe they should have played in the pre-season.  That's on Nagy.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Then maybe they should have played in the pre-season.  That's on Nagy.

Yeah. It brought up another discussion about the value or importance of playing in the preseason. All week I heard how the Bears will torch the Packers!

Edited by Rocket94

8 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Yeah. It brought up another discussion about the value or importance of playing in the preseason.

If the League has their way (note: they Always do), there’ll be even fewer preseason opportunities to play, given the need to get rookies, injured players and young vets up to speed.

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

If the League has their way (note: they Always do), there’ll be even fewer preseason opportunities to play, given the need to get rookies and young vets up to speed.

I have heard about the proposal, so that would include everybody. I am not a Bears fan...but it is interesting being an observer.

Edited by Rocket94

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Besides the late game INT, what specifically did you guys see from Trubisky that troubles you?

Mostly, being late with the ball, not keeping his eyes downfield and freelancing when it seemed he didn't have to.    Looks like he was rusty, the same as Rogers was in Q1.

Props to Pettine and the GB defense, though.   That's the first time in many years that I've seen them they play stout (really impressed with their secondary--no wonder Josh Jones was b-wording about playing time)...

The Bears are a team that needs the D to play lights out and get turnovers. Last year the D was number 1 and they scored 6 TDs. That didn’t happen last night. They will not be successful if they are relying on Trubisky to win games for them throwing the ball 45 times.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nester said:

On a scale of 1 to 10 how crushed will your soul be?  10 being so bad you just don't watch the rest of the season.

I feel so bad for the Bears right now, wasting the best team they have had since 85 on a dud QB, heralded to be their savior.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/9/6/20853124/mitchell-trubisky-chicago-bears-quarterback-throw-left

It's.  One.  Game.

How many times have we been all excited when the Bills won a couple games against opponents predicted to be very very good?

Only, 4-5 games in, it turns out actually that team kind of sucks this year and we just kicked sand in their face.

Da Bears won 12 games last year.  Trubisky was a legit part of that, with metrics we'd swoon to see from Allen.

Green Bay thinks they've really improved their D.  Rodgers thinks Green Bay has really improved its D.

In a few games, we'll know if Green Bay's D is legit and if they're "contenders" or "pretenders".

If the latter, be upset.  If the former, every QB is going to get beaten up from time to time. 

a dud QB? Mitch is doing fine.He made his typical "money" throws last night. followed by penalty after penalty. that wasn't his fault. it was first and ten, followed by 3rd and 40. with that defense, and another week of film, I expect them to be a playoff team.