Antonio Brown called Mike Mayock a “cracker” during Wednesday’s altercation

wppete

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't think you're alone.

Yes, the fact is that it's a racial slur.

The other fact is that the context around it isn't nearly as impactful as the context around other racial slurs.

That’s kind of what I’m getting at. If you called me fat, bald, ugly, dumb, etc... it would hurt a lot more. I’m much, much, much more sensitive about that kind of stuff than I would be “cracker.” 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stony said:

Neither is offensive. 

See below.    Cancel culture is here for all 

1 minute ago, Bandito said:

If a white player called a black coach or player a racial slur it would be all over national news, that player would be cut from said team and then banned from the league. He needs to be gone.

11 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

When Burfict is the adult in the room, you're in trouble...

From ESPN: "The source stressed the confrontation escalated quickly, but it never appeared to be getting physical, and players, including linebacker Vontaze Burfict, attempted to separate Brown from the situation in order to calm him down."

This really is the craziest part of an already crazy story.  To be fair though, Burfict's hit on AB is one of the reasons AB's brain doesn't work right any more

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's okay just two more days.

I know right!  Can’t wait until we get back to the “Fire Beane” and “Wrong Josh” threads the first time we don’t break 20 points lol

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Welcome to the Stadium Wall, @Alphadawg7

Make yourself at home

Ha touché 

Edited by Alphadawg7

9 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Would be funny if they release him and no other team bothers to pick him up with his stupidity. I hope that's what happens.

I think he is going for a Win-Win situation.  Win #1, he is released and signs with whatever team he likes.  If no one signs him, Win #2, he sues the league like Kap.  Bigger payoff and you don't have to beat the crap out of your body.

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Am I alone in that I wouldn’t even be a little offended if someone called me a “cracker” or “honkey” or any other racist term for white people? You could say about 213,000 other things that my sensitive @$$ would be bothered more by. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Am I alone in that I wouldn’t even be a little offended if someone called me a “cracker” or “honkey” or any other racist term for white people? You could say about 213,000 other things that my sensitive @$$ would be bothered more by. 

I would both (a) acknowledge that it's a racist comment and (b) not be bothered in the least by it.  Yep, I'm a white dude...that's your problem if you don't like it.

So I guess, no, you're not alone in the least :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There isn't a single epithet or slur that could get even a rise out of me.  I'm more personally offended by someone else's steak order or preference in wings than if they were to call me every racial slur in the book.

Its a fundamental disconnect.  I hate the term but I suppose its "privilege" that no combination of words in the English language relating to my race, gender, ethnicity, or skin color carries any weight with me. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2