Gruden's destruction of the Raiders

dave mcbride
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

LISTEN UP! 

Discuss the OP topic in this thread.

If you need to discuss your opinion on politics and the economy, take it elsewhere or to PPP

While you're at it, quit with the insult- slinging

I have other things to do than take the trash out of threads and dole warnings to keep a topical, football appropriate thread going so the ban hammer will start swinging hard else.

That is all.

I’d have expected the political message mod warning in the “cracker” thread.

Gruden.... I think he was right to walk away from the game when he did. We will see the on field product, but that .org looks like a disaster right now.

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Mistake #1 - Hiring Mayock

From what I recall his takes on games and players was always bad.  

His talent analysis and mock draft stuff always seemed way off to me, but I was assuming it was a media clickbait strategy 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LISTEN UP! 

Discuss the OP topic in this thread.

If you need to discuss your opinion on politics and the economy, take it elsewhere or to PPP

While you're at it, quit with the insult- slinging

I have other things to do than take the trash out of threads and dole warnings to keep a topical, football appropriate thread going so the ban hammer will start swinging hard else.

That is all.

I take it something got going here?

Whatever it was, glad it was straightened out.

59 minutes ago, Doc said:

That's what I said in the other thread.  Mayock's taking the fall for Gruden's failures.

The GM gets the blame for GM choices.  

Not the HC

22 minutes ago, fl az fan said:

Probably because he feels the Circus is just beginning with AB and the Raiders. Not ending just because he will play this Sunday!

Like most of us

Did you take the wrong turn?

you were supposed to take the right turn to get to the Shout Box 

I thought Gruden had more stones than this but its apparent he doesn't I will not watch any game that the Raiders are in this year If Al was still around things would be totally different !

The only reason why AB had a change of heart is because it was brought to his attention that there were 30 million reasons to go before his team mates & come up with a lame ass apology ! 

U can put lip stick on a pig but it's still a pig !! Just saying . I don't think we've heard the last of this soap opera ...

Gruden has sent a message to the locker room that as long as your a good player you can get away with most anything ! 

Not to mention the thing that AB calling Mayock a cracker what if it would have been the opposite ? You think the racism card would have been played in the media ? ?? 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The GM gets the blame for GM choices.  

Not the HC

Did you take the wrong turn?

you were supposed to take the right turn to get to the Shout Box 

Are you under the impression that Mayock is at the helm of that ship?

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Based on that article it was Davis who destroyed the Raiders.  Which supports the Ben McAdoo Theory: anyone who sports a psychopath's haircut probably shouldn't be running a football team.

I've...heard worse theories.

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Based on that article it was Davis who destroyed the Raiders.  Which supports the Ben McAdoo Theory: anyone who sports a psychopath's haircut probably shouldn't be running a football team.

I've always thought, given the haircut, Mark Davis woulda fit in well with Harry and Lloyd in another Dumb and Dumber movie. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

They were 12-4 two years before.

Big whoop.    Most head coaches want "their people" and will do whatever it takes to make that happen.    It's not unique to Gruden.   Defense-oriented coaches who play a 3-4 scheme will jettison players who fit a 4-3.   Offense-minded coaches who play air raid schemes will get rid of ground and pound guys.      

What the "other guy" did to get to 12-4 is irrelevant to them (but sadly not the fans, who everyone knows will spend their $$$ no matter what).    They're the #### of the walk until they're not, and will act accordingly...