Patriots cut Russell Bodine

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

but not any centers, the center knows the most about an offense, sometimes more than the QB. Bodine got a ton of reps at center with Morris being out. We would probably lose anyway, as Belichick is a master game day coach & McDermott has yet to show that skill. This just makes the week 4 go from possible a respectable game to an embarrassment.  

How high are you?

• Like (+1) 2

Belichick up to the same old cheatin' Hoodie bull####.  Except it didn't work out too well in this case.  You really give up a 6th round pick to get info on a team that's been your B word for the last 20 years?  C'mon man.  We fleeced the Cheats this time.  Reminds me of the time Belichick signed Fast Freddie off the practice squad before he played us, then cut him Monday morning.  I heard the other day that now you have to keep a guy you sign off a PS for at least 3 weeks, in order to prevent this kind of cheatin' Hoodie bull####.  Screw you Hoodie, you cheatin' *****. 

6 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Not to just beat the Bills in 2019 but to beat Josh Allen or Sean McDermott every time he plays them. Every bit of information is useful to Belichick.  Bodine was never going to make the team, he wanted to know everything about Allen from his center

Bodine- "His hands feel larger than they look"

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

but not any centers, the center knows the most about an offense, sometimes more than the QB. Bodine got a ton of reps at center with Morris being out. We would probably lose anyway, as Belichick is a master game day coach & McDermott has yet to show that skill. This just makes the week 4 go from possible a respectable game to an embarrassment.  

Or Belichick panicked when he lost his starting center, traded for Bodine and realized he was hot garbage...and the Bills have 4 weeks to change up the calls so whatever Bodine gave up won't matter when they play. (What?? Change things up after the season starts? Are we allowed to do that??)

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Or Belichick panicked when he lost his starting center, traded for Bodine and realized he was hot garbage...and the Bills have 4 weeks to change up the calls so whatever Bodine gave up won't matter when they play. (What?? Change things up after the season starts? Are we allowed to do that??)

You honestly think Bill Belichick panicked? Have you watched football the last 20 years? Everything he does is planned and calculated. We might have lost to Pats by 40 anyways, & this trade doesn’t help things. You don’t fleece the Patriots. We traded a 6th for info, not a player

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

...BB thought he was getting Ellie Mae and found out it really was......JETHRO.....ain't no "black gold...or...Texas tea"........

9 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Please, someone tell me how many starters on o-line from last year aren't even on NFL teams anymore, let alone not starting for their new team?  This is excluding someone like Teller who kept right up final cut downs, and then got something for him.

Miller may be the only who I believe  may be starting, and  could be wrong about that.

I saw a Texans depth chart that had Seantrell Henderson as their starting RT.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, uticaclub said:

You honestly think Bill Belichick panicked? Have you watched football the last 20 years? Everything he does is planned and calculated. We might have lost to Pats by 40 anyways, & this trade doesn’t help things. You don’t fleece the Patriots. We traded a 6th for info, not a player

I can admit that Belichick is one of, if not, the best coach ever, but is a bit much. You talk like he's literally never made a single mistake, he's made plenty of poor draft picks and signed players that haven't worked out. 

Trading a 6th round pick for some info into an offense that's very similar to something he's run for years would be incredibly short sighted. I can't imagine for a second Belichick doing that, especially for info into a team he's beat more than any other in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, uticaclub said:

The genius of Bill Belichick, in large measure, is cutting his losses and not caring about the backlash. He traded for Bodine because he thought he could help. He couldn't. Instead of holding on to him to save face, he cut him and moved on.

Why on Earth would Bill Belichick be making a move to gain Intel on the Bills multiple weeks before they face them? I'm sure he got what he could, but his focus is on their first opponent. He brought in Bodine because their oline is in trouble.

And why would he be giving up draft picks to gain Intel on the Bills, of all teams? Why not the Steelers? Why not a contending team that is an actual threat? Or is he saving the rest of his picks for that later in the season?

Edited by MJS
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Another worshipper at the altar of The Hoodie. We're not worthy! We're not worthy! Maybe Scott can create a Patriot sub forum safe space for you guys.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

This further confirms how bad the OL was last year.  40% of the starting 5 are out of the league ( both centers & RT), and the players who started at LG-Vlad, out; Teller traded for 2 lower round picks.

Teller was traded for same level as his draft level PLUS additional trade.  Would not say he is a bad player but just needing development.

Vlad was kept on roster because he was favorite of OL coach.  Coach was canned and surprised he was not traded with him for "future considerations".

Hicks was on roster because he was functional if not great.

I have no idea what happened to Groy; he seemed to play well as substitute.

Bodine was signed for Bills and New England to unexpected injuries. 

Can the Patriots cry fowl and request that the Bills give them back their 6th Rd pick ?

49 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Teller was traded for same level as his draft level PLUS additional trade.  Would not say he is a bad player but just needing development.

Vlad was kept on roster because he was favorite of OL coach.  Coach was canned and surprised he was not traded with him for "future considerations".

Hicks was on roster because he was functional if not great.

I have no idea what happened to Groy; he seemed to play well as substitute.

Bodine was signed for Bills and New England to unexpected injuries. 

Groy is undersized 

9 hours ago, uticaclub said:

I mean, maybe BB got something out of the guy, but not much, and nothing terribly useful.  Modern coaches (and BB is the master of this, ironically) gameplan week to week based on opponent, and Bodine in no way could’ve fed them anything useful in that sense. It’s probably safe to also say that any general checks and line calls that the Bills’ centers were privy to in training camp were changed the second Bodine was traded to new england. 

Edited by JoPar_v2