What Are You Hoping To See Week 1?

H2o

10 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I hope its 41-10 Bills so all the media darlings can cry into their beer claiming the Jets are soooo good and Gase is a genius despite him turning the dolphins into a laughing stock and not being able to look in one direction

God wouldn't it be great to see another Damian Woody meltdown on social media? :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

Get through the game with a win and minimal injuries

Would like to see Josh continue his progression as a qb.....working the short game as the jets will do everything then can to keep him from running.

A nice balance of run between Singletary and Gore

Touchdowns instead of field goals

Limit turnovers

• Like (+1) 1

I think we all can agree we would like to see a win and we don't care how we get it.

But that is kind of a cop out to the question.

I will be looking to see what kind of QB pressure the defense consistently can generate, if the defense as a whole is as good as we have all anticipated in the pre-season, but mostly...

I want to study Josh Allen and see if there is anything different now from who he has been historically, particularly now that he'll be facing 1st team defenders the whole game and much more complex game planning that he saw in pre-season.

Accuracy, ability to see the field, willingness to hang in the pocket and not take off running prematurely, showing us that he is actually reading defenses, etc.

He can have an "ugly" game but if he shows signs of improvement in some of these areas, I'll consider it a positive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I want to see Josh Allen beat them from the pocket.  They're weak at corner, let's exploit it.

This.  It's the ideal game to see improvement in Allen's passing. They will be blitzing Allen (most likely) and he will have the ability to show whether he can hit one of the best intermediate route runners (Beasley) and one of the best deep targets (Brown) accurately.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

Allen takes care of the ball, no turnovers by the Bills, but opportune exploitation of what the D gives up—including timely shots down the field to keep em honest and show off the fact that we have the dude with the biggest cannon on the field and aren’t afraid to use it ;). Just win baby!!

• Like (+1) 1

I want to see a butt whooping, similar to the Bills stomping the Vikings last year.

But even if we lose I'll be satisfied if:

- It is a closely contested match all game

- The Bills play relatively well in all phases of the game

- Josh Allen doesn't throw any INT's

- We come away knowing that the team can succeed

Most losses don't happen that way, though. Most losses highlight key areas of vulnerability that need to be fixed.

• Like (+1) 1

I want to see a functioning O line, and receivers catching passes, if the O line does it’s job the running game will work,  I want to see an alert opportunistic defense with no lapses in concentration.  I want to see smart play in all phases of the game.  I want to see the team come away with a win.  That is what I want to see.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I expect Tremaine gets relatively neutralized as Bell is such a threat catching passes. If Edmunds isn’t on his horse, this could become a shootout. With him ‘out of position’ Darnold will try to take advantage. That’s a situation we haven’t seen Allen in and a lack of precision passing in a Air-filled circus would doom us. Additionally, their Secondary deserves attacking -again it’s on Josh. 

I have no idea how this turns out.

I'm sure he's improved, but the defense held Darnold in check last year. If they're going to attack us in through the air, I think that's right where we want them. We were the only team to give up less than 180 yards a game last year through the air. Add Oliver to the mix with a more seasoned Edmunds and the pass defense may end up being down right suffocating this year.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it seems last nights game, although I did not watch the whole game but the first quarter especially showed just how rusty both teams were. I expect a lot of teams to show that in their first game. the only thing you can hope for is preparation. I hope the bills are the better prepared team. if so, it could mean a win.

I think we're going to see that the defenses will have the advantage the first week or two. You're right people looked rusty last night, but it was mostly on the offensive side of the ball. Both defenses definitely were ready and came to play.

I'm hoping to see the jests defense exploited on the ground OR air Im not picky How the Bills offense excels but to me that is the key to the game......keep their offense off the field, lets see some long extended offensive drives and more touchdowns than field goals….that's  not asking too much is it?  GO BILLS!~!

• Like (+1) 2

I would like to win the game without having to count on Josh running. (ie new WR need to get separation and catch!)

good yardage from the RB committee especially the rookie, showcasing the new OL

a good defensive showing and the ability to stop the run vs bell.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

A victory and afterward a certain Jet fan come in and say "youse guys have da betta team"

Yeah, that won't happen.  He never comes back after the game.  He's like a seagull...flies in, makes a lot of noise, $**ts all over the place, then leaves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1