What Are You Hoping To See Week 1?

H2o

Some key metric for season happen in this game.

Bills score 25 or more points.

Limit Jets to 17 pts.

Bills play better D in Red zone

Bills Score when in Red zone

NO ST screwups!

Not too much to ask!

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 2

Obviously a victory, however beyond that I want to see that they've put to bed some of the demons from the last couple years

-- all facets of the game come ready to play.  I was at last year's opener and the Ravens came straight out of the gate moving the ball at will.  No ugly Ravens, Packers, Saints, Colts, Chargers type games

-- even if the game is not high-scoring, I want to see that offense can move the ball both passing and running

-- mentally ready to play.  No stupid penalties life false starts, personal fouls and illegal formation type flags, which were abundant last year

-- I don't want to see that we're clearly out-coaching and strategizing the other team, which was missing at times last year

-- no injuries

• Like (+1) 2

It's been said. A win. I've seen good teams play bad football and bad teams play good football. I have seen our D dominate and our O dominate and vice versa. All that matters in the end is the W. Come out with a win and start building some momentum.

2 hours ago, cage said:

Obviously a victory, however beyond that I want to see that they've put to bed some of the demons from the last couple years

-- all facets of the game come ready to play.  I was at last year's opener and the Ravens came straight out of the gate moving the ball at will.  No ugly Ravens, Packers, Saints, Colts, Chargers type games

-- even if the game is not high-scoring, I want to see that offense can move the ball both passing and running

-- mentally ready to play.  No stupid penalties life false starts, personal fouls and illegal formation type flags, which were abundant last year

-- I don't want to see that we're clearly out-coaching and strategizing the other team, which was missing at times last year

-- no injuries

I think you mean that you WANT to see that ;)

Edited by Bills4Ever4Life
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A fluid offense where Josh looks to be following a scheme vs playing street ball. 

A healthy mix mix of runs with decent holes to hit, which sets up play action, and Beasley as the check down. 

More defensive pressure with the front 4. 

An overall balanced game where it’s locked up before the final drive. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think we will struggle to run the ball.  The Jests have a good DL and our OL has not played a single snap as a unit.  Hopefully, they can give Allen some time to throw, as he'll need it, although some underneath stuff to Beasley may be available.  Our pass D is strong, and hopefully we can bottle up Bell.  Not sure to what to expect from him, but I think the Jests OL is pretty lousy, so they may struggle to run the ball too.  The Bills should win a close one.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

Also, I would like to see our offense be better than either offenses last night. They were AWFUL. Both O-lines were swiss cheese. Made our line last year look good. Last night wasn't necessarily about good defenses but piss poor offensive lineman and I DONT want to see that on Sunday. I'll take a W no matter what but god that was awful last night. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I think we will struggle to run the ball.  The Jests have a good DL and our OL has not played a single snap as a unit.  Hopefully, they can give Allen some time to throw, as he'll need it, although some underneath stuff to Beasley may be available.  Our pass D is strong, and hopefully we can bottle up Bell.  Not sure to what to expect from him, but I think the Jests OL is pretty lousy, so they may struggle to run the ball too.  The Bills should win a close one.

Its just the opposite for me.

I'm expecting Singletary to start his NFL career off with a bang to help Buffalo win a close one.

I hope...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Its just the opposite for me.

I'm expecting Singletary to start his NFL career off with a bang to help Buffalo win a close one.

I hope...

I feel like our entire offense is one big gamble atm. As my favorite fictional character says .... "Dovie'andi se tovya sagain." (It's time to toss the dice.) 

• Like (+1) 1