Why are even the local beat writers/ radio guys calling the Jets a better offense?

billsredneck1

Well, we had one of the worst offensive lines in the league last year.

We have a rookie rb and father time vs arguable a top 3 back going into last year

They have arguably a better QB

If you look at just stats, our WR group isn't dramatically better than theirs, regardless of what we think their potential is.

Oh yeah, and we are the Bills and will continue to be dogged until we prove otherwise

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Well, we had one of the worst offensive lines in the league last year.

We have a rookie rb and father time vs arguable a top 3 back going into last year

They have arguably a better QB

If you look at just stats, our WR group isn't dramatically better than theirs, regardless of what we think their potential is.

Oh yeah, and we are the Bills and will continue to be dogged until we prove otherwise

Everyone forgets that Allen didn't even play an entire season. 

4 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

I don't get it. Is it because they want to get clicks?  I'm listening to WGR guys saying this..are you kidding me?  Well throw it on because the Karma and the Bills with Josh Allen will hang 40 on the Jets. iIm confident now, knowing all the media pundits are playing what they believe to be the safe side bet. Underdogs even with our own reporters? To them all i can say is... SUCK IT!

Darnold is more advanced than Allen based on last season. 2nd season with his receivers. He's really good. We have 8 or 9 new starters on offense, that's a lot of change to expect to be sharp early in the season.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Not getting respect is a mental advantage for the Bills.  Enjoy it while it lasts. 

I've seen this sentiment by Bills posters before the season since the internet became popular.  It's bound to happen eventually.

9 hours ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

Who cares? Our offense doesn’t play against their offense. The real question is whether or not their offense is better than our defense. 

Hint: It isn’t. 

Hmm. Robby Anderson has given Tre White as many problems as any receiver he has faced not name AJ Green. I think the Jets offense will be able to move the ball on Sunday. It think the real question in this game is can the Jets defense stop the Bills moving it. I think Singletary can have a big game as a receiver out of the backfield and Beasley will be the key to the game. Because the Bills quick passing game against the Jets linebackers is a potential mismatch. Use Beasley, use Singletary, use McKenzie on some bubble screens and attack the linebacking unit. Get them commiting Jamal Adams into the box and then throw over the top of them. That is the key to this game for me.

I have a narrow Bills win in an entertaining close one. 27-24. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

I don't get it. Is it because they want to get clicks?  I'm listening to WGR guys saying this..are you kidding me?  Well throw it on because the Karma and the Bills with Josh Allen will hang 40 on the Jets. iIm confident now, knowing all the media pundits are playing what they believe to be the safe side bet. Underdogs even with our own reporters? To them all i can say is... SUCK IT!

Because it's unfashionable to say the Bills are good. You have to be skeptical so that your opinions match the national take. Don't want to be labeled a homer.

2 hours ago, Element115 said:

The Jets have more talent on offense. The Bills' offense is made up of a lot of low cost 2nd teir talent.

Can you provide a list of that superior Jets talent? I'm having trouble.

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well this is a thread about schopp so....

:lol: I'm stealing that. "Don't Schopp this up!"

• Like (+1) 1

i think on paper the bills have built an overall better O than the jets, but that requires some kind of assumption of Allen being at least close to as good as Darnold, and our backs not being too far back of theirs.

The issue is they are playing together as a brand new team, so you have to expect them to be the worst they are going to be all season week 1.

Based on the actual match ups in the teams, and my insane assumption that our ST will not totally suck (they cost us houston and the 2nd jets game last year, just horrible) we should win the first game, but in terms of what has been proven vs reasonably projected, it is sadly rational to think the jets week 1 have a better O than we do.

11 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Why does anyone take personal what media personalities say?  Who cares?  Maybe they're right and maybe they're wrong.

People should be used to it by now. It is always going to be that way. It is one constant that we can count on.