Why are even the local beat writers/ radio guys calling the Jets a better offense?

billsredneck1

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Curious who these WGR guys might be?

I've said elsewhere, I'll say here: at this time of year, the media goes off last year's performance.  What else they got to go on? 

And last year the Jets scored the 23rd most points in the league.  The Bills, the 30th.

Well, if we go off last year’s performance, why not start with head to head play? 

Never ever listen to WGR, they by and large appear to dislike the Bills, if you listen to them you deserve your angst. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i get it and i'm scared of greggo. but darnold is a sitting duck with our d....so we gonna make a statement early.....i hope

Haha don’t worry friend greggggg will wear out his welcome after about 8 games. Probably only have to deal with him once

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

Haha don’t worry friend greggggg will wear out his welcome after about 8 games. Probably only have to deal with him once

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

i'm hoping him and gase get into it by week 8....or sooner

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Quarterbacking.

That’s what I was going to say. I think it basically comes down to Josh Allen vs Sam Darnold. 

National media and most outside of buffalo are much higher on Darnold. 

Plus, he was hyped as the next great QB in the year+ leading up to the draft, where as Allen was almost universally trashed. Allen has a lot more to overcome to price people wrong. It’s easy to look for things to prove your opinion right. It’s a lot harder to admit you were wrong, especially some of the draft analysts (etc) that were so adamant Allen was not going to be a successful NFL QB. 

Even as a Buffalo fan I know that Allen has a lot to prove still, and that Darnold is ahead of him as an accurate passer (and probably on reading defenses and a # of other things. Darnold has received top QB coaching/training for much longer than Josh Allen has)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

i dunno...maybe because most of the national pundits are saying the same thing? it might be true?

Worst. Logic. Ever.

National media pundits are lazy trash.  They also like to kiss NYC butt.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Who cares. The game is played on the field not in people's minds.

Because we like to watch football things, and their stupid is tiresome.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Curious who these WGR guys might be?

I've said elsewhere, I'll say here: at this time of year, the media goes off last year's performance.  What else they got to go on? 

And last year the Jets scored the 23rd most points in the league.  The Bills, the 30th.

I mean, I’d expect them to look at last year but also extrapolate a projection based on the last 6 months of sometimes drastic change to units 

Edited by NoSaint

I think it’s because, generally speaking, people see three things...

1) Darnold is ahead, if only slightly, in his development, than Allen.

2) they see Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder, Bell, Montgomery, and Herndon (when he comes back) as better weapons than Brown, Beasley, Jones, Singeltary, Gore, and Knox/Sweeney/Kroft 

3) Bell is still viewed as an elite, game-breaking type of player. The Bills are viewed as not having that type of player.

-For the most part I agree with those views. But I do believe we have three things to our advantage

1) Allen’s potential is higher in my estimation than Darnolds, so if they both pan out I believe Allen May end up being the better QB.

2) we invested more properly into our offensive line, giving our young QB a better chance at standing upright for longer.

3) I believe our coaching is better than theirs. The Bills staff is all on the same page. The Jets coaching is a big “?” To me. Gase worked well with Peyton Manning, but that’s like saying how helpful Doug Flutie was to Tom Brady when he was with New England. Other than that he underachieved with an overpaid Miami roster. I also have a lot of faith in Daboll. Somewhere last year I read a stat (this is vague mind you bc I have no source) that the Bills ran the most different formations throughout the season of any team in the league. That tells me he’s not afraid to experiment, which I’m happy to see. Creativity is key in today’s NFL and we finally have an offensive coordinator who believes that and believes in a pass first offense. 

What gets said at this point doesn’t matter. Pundits can say what they want. They could say we’re either gonna get blown out or steamroll the Jets, or either will win a close game. Point is they know about as much as we do, which is nothing. I read what they say but put absolutely no stock in it.

Out of all Bills fans and all pundits from last year, who actually thought Matt Barkley would go in to met life and leave the Jets a pummeled, bloody mess with a much worse O line? Forget who says what and let what happens on Sunday unfold on its own

Edited by buffalo2218

3 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

why is darnold the better qb? ...already?

Not so much "already," as "so far."

Darnold's the better passer, and that's what will make the difference in the long run. Maybe Allen's caught up ... who knows? ... but until he proves it, it's an extremely reasonable guess.

Throw in Le'Veon and an OL that has 4 of 5 guys from last year and they are going to have a lot fewer concerns about gelling than our OL does.

Very reasonable guess that the Bills offense won't be as good as theirs, especially so early.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

I don't get it. Is it because they want to get clicks?  I'm listening to WGR guys saying this..are you kidding me?  Well throw it on because the Karma and the Bills with Josh Allen will hang 40 on the Jets. iIm confident now, knowing all the media pundits are playing what they believe to be the safe side bet. Underdogs even with our own reporters? To them all i can say is... SUCK IT!

This was almost the lowest scoring offense in history at one point. We have to prove were better on the field not on paper.

• Like (+1) 1