Why are even the local beat writers/ radio guys calling the Jets a better offense?

billsredneck1

I don't get it. Is it because they want to get clicks?  I'm listening to WGR guys saying this..are you kidding me?  Well throw it on because the Karma and the Bills with Josh Allen will hang 40 on the Jets. iIm confident now, knowing all the media pundits are playing what they believe to be the safe side bet. Underdogs even with our own reporters? To them all i can say is... SUCK IT!

Edited by billsredneck1

9 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

I don't get it. Is it because they want to get clicks?  I'm listening to WGR guys saying this..are you kidding me?  Well throw it on because the Karma and the Bills with Josh Allen will hang 40 on the Jets. iIm confident now, knowing all the media pundits are playing what they believe to be the safe side bet. Underdogs even with our own reporters? To them all i can say is... SUCK IT!

Curious who these WGR guys might be?

I've said elsewhere, I'll say here: at this time of year, the media goes off last year's performance.  What else they got to go on? 

And last year the Jets scored the 23rd most points in the league.  The Bills, the 30th.

i'm stoked. i think this is gonna be a beatdown....and i remember the opener a few years ago when it was supposed to be a cake and we got spanked....i get that, but now i got a strong feeling about this. we need this win bad. it's gonna be the difference between 9-7 and 10-6. mcd and dabol are gonna crush it yum! #feargreggonot

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Curious who these WGR guys might be?

I've said elsewhere, I'll say here: at this time of year, the media goes off last year's performance.  What else they got to go on? 

And last year the Jets scored the 23rd most points in the league.  The Bills, the 30th.

nate geary?...i'm guessing because i don't write this stuff down, but it was minutes before i started the thread. i've been hearing it all day too. every local host is calling the jets more talented on offense. is that because they're scared of man boobs? we got this ...

16 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

Quarterbacking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

I like your optimism and enthusiasm!

Go Bills!!!

Well apparently they have a better QB, and picked up one of the top RBs in the league while the Bills go with a 3rd rounder and 2 guys over 30. On paper the Bills have no #1 WR, just a bunch of decent ones with a few different skillsets. The Bills biggest signing this offseason was on their online and he is one good hit away from spending time on the bench figuring out his name....

I think the Bills will be better, but I understand why the Jets would still be viewed as favorites

• Like (+1) 10

It's simple.....  the QB.

Like it or not, Allen is going to be disrespected and be shoved down everyone's throats as a BUST........until Allen proves them wrong.

Most were so convinced Allen was going to be absolutely awful coming out of college with a 0% chance of getting better.  They will hold onto every shred of that they can until Allen obliterates that narrative.  Allen could throw for 350 yards in several games this year with a 57% completion percentage and all they will focus on is how he is "inaccurate" because he misses a couple throws once in a while and isn't completing 63% of his passes.  Even if Allen does fantastic this year, there will still be the majority out there calling "fluke."  Any other QB does the same thing, they will get praised for being the next great one.  Just the way it is, unfortunately.

That said, I hope Josh starts flexing on everyone this year.  GO BILLS!

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

It’s because of several things:

the Bell signing, he’s viewed as an elite back;

their QB is perceived to be a better passer than our QB currently;

past performance - they scored more points than us last year.

But it’s entirely your prerogative if you want to ignore these things and whine like a homer and start a thread just to cry SUCK IT.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Well apparently they have a better QB, and picked up one of the top RBs in the league while the Bills go with a 3rd rounder and 2 guys over 30. On paper the Bills have no #1 WR, just a bunch of decent ones with a few different skillsets. The Bills biggest signing this offseason was on their online and he is one good hit away from spending time on the bench figuring out his name....

I think the Bills will be better, but I understand why the Jets would still be viewed as favorites

why is darnold the better qb? ...already?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

It’s because of several things:

the Bell signing, he’s viewed as an elite back;

their QB is perceived to be a better passer than our QB currently;

past performance - they scored more points than us last year.

But it’s entirely your prerogative if you want to ignore these things and whine like a homer and start a thread just to cry SUCK IT.

i get it and i'm scared of greggo. but darnold is a sitting duck with our d....so we gonna make a statement early.....i hope

• Thank you (+1) 1