NFL Week 1 game picks: Bills Picked to Win

MJS

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001051039/article/nfl-week-1-game-picks-packers-top-bears-browns-edge-titans

By Gregg Rosenthal

SNEAKY GOOD GAME OF THE WEEK: Buffalo Bills 20, New York Jets 17

1 p.m. ET (CBS) | MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, N.J.)

"This early heat check for two young coaches and their younger quarterbacks is a sign of the changing AFC East times. It might just be the most interesting division game not involving the Patriots since Buffalo's Drew Bledsoe and New York's Chad Pennington faced off 15 years ago. Sean McDermott's defense entering Year 3 should have an advantage over Adam Gase's offense entering Game 1. The underrated Bills secondary, led by safeties Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde, can limit big plays, while Sam Darnold and his new caddy Ryan Kalil will have their line protections challenged by a Bills pass rush bolstered by the ninth overall pick in the 2019 draft, Ed Oliver. When Buffalo has the ball, the new backfield of Frank Gore and rookie Devin Singletary should have a similarly difficult time dealing with the Jets' stout line, even if No. 3 overall pick Quinnen Williams rotates off the bench.

All this defense could lead to a final score that resembles so many others in the previous dreary decade of AFC East play, but the playmaking quarterbacks on both sides make this one far more watchable."

Other interesting picks for Rosenthal:

Green Bay Packers 20, Chicago Bears 17

Indianapolis Colts 28, Los Angeles Chargers 23

All the others seem to be on par with the masses.

Edited by MJS

Seriously. Can these clowns get any worse. I don’t care about the outcome. You can think whatever team is going to win, i don’t care about that. But this uninformed and bored take:

Bills at Jets 

MDS’s take: I have a feeling Adam Gase and Sam Darnold are going to have a few surprises in their offense that will take opposing defenses off guard early this season, and the Bills may find themselves playing catch-up on Sunday. That’s not what they’re designed to do.

MDS’s pick: Jets 27, Bills 17.

Florio’s take: One of these teams will contend for a playoff berth. That team is more likely to be the Jets.

Florio’s pick: Jets 30, Bills 21.

I mean, where is the analysis? What basis for these crafty plays from deep inside the mind of Adam Gase? The Bills aren’t designed to play catch up? Why are the Jets more likely to contend? 

Not even the local media here in NYC believe any of this, but the big city bias is strong. 

Here is the link for the rest of the trash in this column:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/05/pfts-week-one-picks-10/

LOL  He gave you his analysis you just don't like it so it's all wrong!  What do you want from him a 5000 word essay on the game.  Looking at the link he gave the same amount of coverage to the Bills Jets game as the rest of them.  I'm sure if he had picked the Bills you'd be labeling him a genius.  

Poor baby!

19 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

If it was flipped, they'd be geniuses

Exactly. Fans don't want an honest take, they want a take that agrees with their own opinion. If not, it is "uninformed".

14 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Seriously. Can these clowns get any worse. I don’t care about the outcome. You can think whatever team is going to win, i don’t care about that. But this uninformed and bored take:

Bills at Jets 

MDS’s take: I have a feeling Adam Gase and Sam Darnold are going to have a few surprises in their offense that will take opposing defenses off guard early this season, and the Bills may find themselves playing catch-up on Sunday. That’s not what they’re designed to do.

Florio’s take: One of these teams will contend for a playoff berth. That team is more likely to be the Jets.

I mean, where is the analysis? What basis for these crafty plays from deep inside the mind of Adam Gase? The Bills aren’t designed to play catch up? Why are the Jets more likely to contend? 

Not even the local media here in NYC believe any of this, but the big city bias is strong. 

I thought the media pundit picks were all quick shots with no time for analysis?

All the media types at this time of year are basing everything off last year, because what else they got?  Last year, the Bills were not a high scoring offense, hence the "aren't designed to play catch up" thing and the notion that the contending team is more likely to be the Jets. 

I don't understand the "Gase love", but I think it's based on 1) working successfully with Peyton Manning in 2013 and 2014 as OC 2) his first year with the Dolphins in 2016 when they went from 6-10 to 10-6 and everyone thought they were "On Their Way" to being contenders.  In hindsight, the Jets and Bills were the nerds on the beach getting sand kicked on them that year and the Mammals benefited from a weak schedule including Cleveland, and "regressed to the mean" in 2017.  But Gase maintained his Halo Effect of being seen as a great coach with an innovative offensive mind. 

29 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I still don’t understand why people get their panties in a bunch over what National media types think..

I guess because there is not one bit of quality coverage of my team? I can’t even listen to WGR because they’re the most uninformed and negative of them all. 

I read PFT throughout the day. They’re on all the major shows and are regarded as “experts” with “insight”. Articles like the one I posted are an example of the norm in sports journalism, not the exception. 

38 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Bills at Jets 

Who's MDS?

10 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I guess because there is not one bit of quality coverage of my team? I can’t even listen to WGR because they’re the most uninformed and negative of them all. 

I read PFT throughout the day. They’re on all the major shows and are regarded as “experts” with “insight”. Articles like the one I posted are an example of the norm in sports journalism, not the exception. 

There’s plenty of good podcast to listen to.  National media will continue to ignore Buffalo until they win more.  Can’t really blame them.  

Joe Marino Locked on Bills is a good listen.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, MJS said:

Exactly. Fans don't want an honest take, they want a take that agrees with their own opinion. If not, it is "uninformed".

He has a FEELING  that Adam Gase and Sam have something up theirs sleeve that will catch Bills by surprise ! 

Is that the HONEST take that you referring to ?

21 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Edited by Putin

2 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Bills at Jets 

I believe the Bills will cover the spread and win the game, albeit a close one. JMTC.

2 hours ago, Putin said:

He has a FEELING  that Adam Gase and Sam have something up theirs sleeve that will catch Bills by surprise ! 

Is that the HONEST take that you referring to ?

I meant takes in general. And yes, if he is being honest with his feelings, it's an honest take.