OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Well, the league isn't going to suspend him.  The team can suspend him which voids all of guarantees anyway, leave him suspended for the season and pay him no money while preventing him from playing for anyone else either.  If you;re trying to set a tone I think that might be the way you go.  Releasing him doesn't do it, it just shows players how to get out if they want out.  AB will get signed somewhere else whether or not it's smart.  He won't get a big contract this year but he will end up somewhere, put up big numbers and if he can behave like a reasonable person someone will give him money in the off-season.   

I know they won't but it should really be the NFL that is showing players that it's not acceptable and not the Raiders.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

he's lead the NFL in receptions, yards, or TDs in 4 of the last 5 seasons.  In terms of putting up numbers and consistency, it's not even a debate; he's been the best.

If only those stats would make him show up for practice, and wear the right helmet, and not hold an embarrassing public feud with the GM paying him 10s of millions of dollars. If only those stats would keep him from getting suspended on opening day. 

Why, he'd be as right as rain.

His best ability is his availability and his availability is, once again, in question. He may have been the best stastically, but he's a white hot clusterphuck of a Kim Kardashian/Dennis Rodman love child, and no stats in the world make that worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

And that's what I expect them to do. You can bet this, either AB or Mayock will be gone in a relatively short period of time. This is assuming that AB doesn't turn into a model citizen of course, which there is no way in 10 frozen hell's this would ever happen. 

All I know is he deserves everything hes going to get. Hes going to get suspended.   Is going to get cut. And he's. going to lose out on 30 million dollars.  When are these divas ever going to learn? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

A couple thoughts:

1. Rashard Mendenhall might be right, but nobody wants to hear that right now.

2. If the Raiders release AB he won't be unemployed beyond week 2.

I would like to say before we get off track of the Raiders' implosion that this is for PPP discussion only. Thank you. :thumbsup:

41 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Never got into money bc AB said no way I am going there...

Wrong.  All you need to hear is "this is what AB wants" and then there's no more talk.  And it's not like he had many suitors and took the only other team interested in him.  And we see how that's turning out.

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

A couple thoughts:

1. Rashard Mendenhall might be right, but nobody wants to hear that right now.

2. If the Raiders release AB he won't be unemployed beyond week 2.

3.  His next contract will be a drop in the bucket compared to the one he just pissed away by threatening the GM. 

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

All I know is he deserves everything hes going to get. Hes going to get suspended.   Is going to get cut. And he's. going to lose out on 30 million dollars.  When are these divas ever going to learn? 

He is by far the worst I have ever seen which is why I TRULY suspect some kind of mental disorder. He's worse than TO, worse than OBJ, worse than anyone I can think of in recent memory. I have never seen a one man s*** show like AB ever in my life.