OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

What are you saying about the posters here who called onto the show?  Shame. Shame. Shame.

I wont name names, but the first person who made it on air after the Pegulas announced they were buying the team and that it would stay in Buffalo was from this board. And it was one of the most embarrassing calls I've ever heard. They ended up hanging up on him and calling him stupid.

So yeah, I stand by my post.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ok this is my last comment because you guys care a heck of a lot more about this than I do, but got like 30 replies. ???

You and the others are completely missing the point.  I didn’t say not to hold him responsible, I said how he handled the relationship with AB.  You guys can’t seem to separate the difference in holding someone accountable and how you go about holding someone accountable.  

I have literally explained my reasoning at least 10 times now and everyone keeps replying with the same comments that aren’t even what I am saying.

Mayock took a hard line stance with a diva player.  Never going to work with a guy like Brown.  AB doesn’t respond well if he doesn’t feel like he can trust someone like Mayock or if he feels disrespected.  As a GM, you have to understand that and taking those comments in August to the media was a big mistake by Mayock.  He shound have kept it private and talked to AB man to man only.  He could have sat AB down man to man and discussed their stance in the fines instead of sending him a letter too.

It’s  just my opinion, but I called this when Mayock made those comments in august that he was going to lose the trust of AB and something small was gonna set up a blowout.  

And I honestly don’t care at all about the Raiders, AB, etc.  But also just trying to respect posters here and respond but now it’s too much to keep up with.  My simple opinion is that Mayock handled AB poorly and while AB is obviously to blame, Mayock also hasn’t helped the situation and contributed to turbulent relationship with AB.

And, why is it only Mayock has a bad relationship with AB?  I mean no one else on the Raiders has this bad relationship with him.  All his coaches and trainers seem to love him and players have all seem to have taken to him too.

Spin, spin, spin, someone’s getting dizzy..  

1 hour ago, Figster said:

I understand,

I just think the situation should have been handled behind closed doors.

I’m not sure how that’s on mayock though since AB was the one to attack him in public during practice after publically sharing the letter on social media ...

Edited by YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

As someone who isn't local, I've never listened to this Schopp creature (not that it sounds like like I'm missing anything), but he sounds like a douche and an idiot. 

Also, are we sure he isn't posting here? 

Do yourself a favor and don't ever listen.

Edited by Johnnycage46

Schopp’s outright arrogance is the only thing that exceeds these ridiculous takes he comes up with. YE OLE liked listening to Schopp years ago, but he obviously decided at some point that this is his schtick and it’s extremely hard to listen to.

As for AB... it’s entirely possible this guy never plays another down of football anywhere.

Edited by Cotton Fitzsimmons

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

I’d advise any team picking up a guy like brown not to take a super hard line stance on things. You got who your getting and you deal with the antics. Getting into a faceoff with a crazy man certainly doesn’t max his value.

I’m thinking this is not you do that for a living, right?