OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

Just now, H2o said:

This goes well beyond a simple case of being egotistical my friend. He is irrational and completely unstable as evidenced by the pattern of behavior he has shown for quite a few years now. From throwing stuff off of a hotel balcony, to his crazy social media rants about his gf's, to his attitude towards his teammates, his referring to himself in the 3rd person, creating new nicknames, his absolutely stupid decisions, how he handles each and everything that comes up, and it has all culminated in the last month or so. He really needs mental help. 

I remember streaming Pittsburgh sports radio the day after the fake trade news with the Bills came down. They said at that time they really thought AB had a mental illness. That was back in March. 

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

This goes well beyond a simple case of being egotistical my friend. He is irrational and completely unstable as evidenced by the pattern of behavior he has shown for quite a few years now. From throwing stuff off of a hotel balcony, to his crazy social media rants about his gf's, to his attitude towards his teammates, his referring to himself in the 3rd person, creating new nicknames, his absolutely stupid decisions, how he handles each and everything that comes up, and it has all culminated in the last month or so. He really needs mental help. 

There's a chemical imbalance somewhere.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

See the part of the sentence you quoted but chose not to highlight about him being a little bit naturally crazy.

:lol:

...and not at practice today...........

“Short and sweet, Antonio Brown is not in the building today,” Mayock said. “He won’t be practicing. I don’t have any more information for you right now. When I have some and it becomes appropriate, you guys will all get it but that’s it for today.”

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I remember streaming Pittsburgh sports radio the day after the fake trade news with the Bills came down. They said at that time they really thought AB had a mental illness. That was back in March. 

He shows definite signs of it. Or it could be he has taken too many hits. Either way, someone with actual influence needs to help him get it together. If not he will be another in the long line of tragic stories about the lives of former NFL players. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This board completely overrates Beane.  Davis and Boldin both quit.  There have been some nice moves but man, people really do treat this guy like a God.  It was a stupid idea to try and bring this guy here and Buffalo got laughed at because of it.  

What "this board" does is compare Beane to what came before him -- 20 years of s-h-i-t.  You're blaming him for Davis and Boldin?  Jesus.  Beane's job is to find players who might fit Buffalo's culture and help them win.  If they get here and don't fit (for whatever reason) that's not on Beane, it's on the player.  Maybe Davis and Boldin, seeing for themselves it was going to be a long season in Buffalo, decided as aging veterans they didn't want to lay their bodies on the line for results that would come a year or more later.

As for the AB situation?  Beane looked at a roster void of superstar WR talent and made inquiries about AB.  That was stupid?  You have chosen to believe the narrative that Beane was begging AB to come to Buffalo and was rejected.  Not only is that explanation improbable, it goes against everything we've seen and heard from McD and Beane since they arrived.  What should we believe -- that on this one occasion Beane suddenly decided to act completely out of character?  You're the one going out of your way to place blame.

The most reasonable and plausible explanation is that Beane and the Steelers spoke in generalities about the possible terms of a trade.  The discussions got far enough along where it became necessary to gauge what AB's contract demands were going to be.  Did the discussions end because AB told Rosenhaus there's no way he would come to Buffalo?  Of course not; they ended because AB's price was not something Beane wanted to pay.  The very reason Beane didn't agree to AB's price is because he was looking at the locker room culture and decided (accurately) that it wasn't worth it.  No "football people" are laughing at Buffalo and Brandon Beane, I assure you.  I couldn't care less what the "click here" media types and ignorant fans think and say.  As we have seen, it's foolhardy to take anything that comes out of AB's mouth seriously -- but YOU are going to believe it when AB says he laughed at coming to Buffalo.  Riiiiiiiight.  Are you willing to go on the record right here and now that you find AB to have more credibility and integrity than Beane?  Surely you aren't believing AB's agent, Drew Rosenhaus?  Because why would Rosenhaus ever say anything to paint his client in the best light?  Rosenhaus' comments about the helmet situation were a joke as well.

If you simply stopped for one second to look at the whole picture of what McD and Beane have done since they arrived, you might find you've missed out on enjoying a process that appears to be primed for sustained success while instead you've been busy "protecting" yourself from disappointment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

See the part of the sentence you quoted but chose not to highlight about him being a little bit naturally crazy.

:lol:

It's not even just a little, it's a lot :censored: crazy my friend. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..if a vested vet is not on the roster opening day, his contract is no longer guaranteed according to CBA (pretty sure).....

Correct.  And being suspended, counts as not being on the roster.  But it all depends upon the specifics of the language in Brown's individual contract.  It has been reported that someone familiar with it says the language is standard, and the guarantees can be voided if he's not on the roster for opening day.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

This?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Schopp is blaming mayock - said it’s his job to get him on the field 

As a non western New Yorker I’ve only heard those guys a few times, but every time I did I felt nauseated. Everyone seems to dislike them, how do they have a job still?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

$1000 or whatever amount you want bet right now (someone find the thread please) where I once wanted AB.  Find one post from the thread that said I wanted him or pay me $1000.  Or just shut up and admit you’re liar.

trust me, I’ll gladly admit when I’m wrong but I’m not going to have some come with some made up BS.  So put your money where is or just admit you talked out of your butt. You’re just making things up and it’s a bad look.

I’m thinking someone is getting dizzy from the centrifugal forces being applied.