OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This is hilarious how many people "knew" this would happen when he caused zero problems for the previous 9 seasons and was an all-pro for 4 consecutive seasons.

I agree that nobody can say they saw all of this coming. 

But that one mistake in 9 seasons? It’s all I needed to see to convince me I wouldn’t want him anywhere NEAR my favorite team. He broke the code. Showed his true colors.

And the fact he felt he needed to begrudge his teammate a much deserved team MVP honors only served to underscore my assessment of him. 

Didn’t want him then. Happy we don’t have him now.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from being a little bit naturally crazy, I think most of AB's conduct simply falls under the category of ego.

All of his pre-season BS amounts to him saying "I am too good to be bothered with training camp, and I am above the team."

The irony is that he is so good, teams will actually put up with that crap.

It happens in all sports.  But in order to get away with this, the athlete can't be just really good, he has to be GREAT.

29 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Not getting into this again, but yeah. Swap of 1st round picks was the rumored deal. 

It was a swap of 1sts if Brown agreed to play under his old contract.

22 minutes ago, ngbills said:

It is funny. Beane tried and was not successful in getting AB because he did not want to come here. Yes, it now probably is good that he didnt. But lets not pretend like Beane did anything positive here. He essentially failed in trying to get him, but got lucky AB did not want to come or it would be the Bills dealing with this nonsense. 

No, Beane didn't want to pay AB a large amount of guaranteed money.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

With all respect, do we really know that Mayock didn't meet and otherwise communicate privately with AB and give it his "best managed behaviors" shot?

As you must know, it is also required at times to document some stuff in writing (or legally it didn't happen).  It's entirely possible there was a private conversation, then AB blew up at the legal "i" dotting afterwards, right?

Definitely possible and you are correct about documenting it. That would lead me to Mike didn't handle it as well as he should have. If it is AB blowing this up, then suspend him. But to turn it into a pi$$ing contest,  neither will win in the end.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The team went 9-6-1 and missed the playoffs.    Juju had 111 receptions 1426 yards and 7 touchdowns.  The mistake Brown is making is in thinking his talent eclipses the team.

He didnt score 15 touchdowns he caught them.   Someone will step in and take his place.   Its what happens when you play with great quarterbacks.  See Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, and Mike Wallace.   Wideouts were catching 10 plus touchdowns before AB in that offense, and they will do it after.   Meanwhile the end for AB is getting closer and closer.

He’s also never caught a TD in the nfl from anyone other than Ben. 

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

I wouldn't say he had caused "zero" problems there my friend. See the article linked by Royale. 

Indeed.  If what Clark reports is correct, it sounds as though the Monster was created years back and the Steelers had been letting a lot slide.

Sounds as though AB thinks that's the way it is for him, he can scream at people and miss walk throughs and practice and be untouchable.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

As a manager of 50+ personalities, sometimes it not what you said, it's how you say it. I think in AB's case, same things could have been said in a private setting and yes, I think he would have reacted differently. Him being a "diva" (not what I would call it), one on one is always the best way to handle that type of personality.  

I agree that it may have. 'May' being the operative word. Respectfully I think you could build an alternative view that it may have worked out exactly the same. AB has a very visible public and online personality that he wants to project to the public as seen in Hard Knocks. I think his reaction would have been largely the same. The man has no filter when it comes to Twitter. 

In a way though this is a best case scenario for getting rid of Brown. I would be willing to bet that Gruden and Mayock talked about the response-its funny that people assume that Mayock's was a knee-jerk reaction. Now, because Mayock made a very clear stand the Raiders can use his responses as leverage to escape from a contract. If this is by design it was actually very clever.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Jesus...he makes Richie look "(somewhat)normal".......

Richie is still edging out AB. AB is prima-donna, me guy with a big mouth that don't shut up. Richie is just bat ass crazy, and shoots from his hip to much

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Aside from being a little bit naturally crazy, I think most of AB's conduct simply falls under the category of ego.

This goes well beyond a simple case of being egotistical my friend. He is irrational and completely unstable as evidenced by the pattern of behavior he has shown for quite a few years now. From throwing stuff off of a hotel balcony, to his crazy social media rants about his gf's, to his attitude towards his teammates, his referring to himself in the 3rd person, creating new nicknames, his absolutely stupid decisions, how he handles each and everything that comes up, and it has all culminated in the last month or so. He really needs mental help. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Jesus...he makes Richie look "(somewhat)normal".......

Richie was on camera quite a few times during this season's "Hard Knocks" and he looked precisely as he always seemed during his last stint in Buffalo: calm, collected, friendly, and intelligent.

I have no idea what is going on with that guy.  I suspect he takes some strong prescription medication to keep the train on the tracks and now and again goes off of it, or he is an alcoholic who is fine when he stays on the wagon, but is prone to falling off once in a while.

He was a perfect gentleman during his stint in Buffalo, and he seems the same now out in Cali.