OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If distractions do not matter, AB would still be a Steeler.   

And LOL at you trying to say there was an agreed deal to Buffalo.  Still trying to spin that?

The guy is doubling down on looking foolish. 

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I wish we would have got this guy.  He would have meshed so well with the McBeane philosophy.  I actually don't know how the Bills have been able to function without a distraction like this.  I simply can't help but fantasize about him being the highest paid Bill.

Offer them a 7th.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I’m glad Ryan Leaf got his life in order but I’m not quite sure why he thinks he knows what’s going on inside AB’s head.

I just think he's speaking from a point of thinking that he thought the same way "I" over team type of mentality and it didn't work out for him and a lot of others.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Would have loved a talented WR like AB but this dude is off his rocker

So you’re saying talent isn’t everything?

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This is hilarious how many people "knew" this would happen when he caused zero problems for the previous 9 seasons and was an all-pro for 4 consecutive seasons.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ryan Clark was on NFL Live and followed up about his tweet last year about AB.  Said he took a lot of heat for that and he's looking good now!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-steelers-star-crushes-antonio-brown-with-2012-story-give-him-money-youre-going-to-create-a-monster/

I wouldn't say he had caused "zero" problems there my friend. See the article linked by Royale. 

31 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Not really.

Is it worth looking into betting a couple of mid-round picks on the best WR in football continuing to play the way he has for 7 straight years?

Yep.  In fact, it's utterly negligent not to do so when you have a total dearth of talent at the position and a young QB.

we have talent and a guy like ab is never worth it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would respect the Raiders so much if they did suspend him.

Whatever they do it would behoove them to have both Gruden and Mayock in agreement.  If not, it opens up another can of worms!

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

he's lead the NFL in receptions, yards, or TDs in 4 of the last 5 seasons.  In terms of putting up numbers and consistency, it's not even a debate; he's been the best.

....and he is "shooting himself in his frozen foot" for ever getting to Canton.  He's making his past history a joke.

• Like (+1) 1