OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This board completely overrates Beane.  Davis and Boldin both quit.  There have been some nice moves but man, people really do treat this guy like a God.  It was a stupid idea to try and bring this guy here and Buffalo got laughed at because of it.  

I am among those on this board who rates Beane pretty high (not a God, but I'm glad he's our GM). 

I'm not high on Beane because he is successful with every move he makes  (he's had some misses along the way).  I'm high on Beane because he takes a lot of shots and cuts his losses quickly when his acquisitions don't work out, while holding on to the players who make our team better.

My glass-half-full-perspective on Beane's interest in AB is that he is thorough and considers any and every opportunity to make this team better.  From the outside looking in, it feels like Beane got lucky with AB going to Oakland, but I don't want him to stop pursuing players who can make our team better just because some of them don't work out.

Edited by Forward Progress
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'll be honest, I was in on AB and disappointed when we didn't get him. The man is a first rate talent.

But man, if he was like that in Oakland, I can only imagine the nightmare that would have been him in Buffalo, and under McDermott and a no-nonsense culture.

I feel the same, but also don’t think these distractions would have changed out W-L at all. All this stuff is embarrassing but it doesn’t change the on-field product one bit. 

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Have you ever worked a job where someone causes issues?  I bet production went up because of it right? Nobody got talked about it in the office. Nobody had an opinion. Nobody took sides. 

Why Did the Steelers give him away so cheap? 

Why wasnt the entire league knocking the Steelers door down trying to get the best we in the league? 

Why do teams and businesses get get rid of employees that are distractions all the time? 

Distractions are exactly that, a distraction. They cause others to not focus on their job. 

Talking about it in the office doesn’t change the gameplan or execution. We are talking about world class athletes performing against each other not data entry. 

Steelers gave him away so cheap for the same reason SEA got Clowney so cheap. He told his agent he wouldn’t play just anywhere. Just my opinion, but I’m guessing he wanted to go somewhere warm. 

Teams  probably  were. You only hear about the deals that were agreed to like BUF and OAK. 

Personal grudges? Idk every situation is different. No one seemed to care when Bruce Smith didn’t feel like practicing. 

Yep, and I’m saying their effect on the outcome of games is severely overrated.

Even last year when he didn’t show up for the last game it was indefensible, but he scored 15TD in the other 15 games so was he a positive overall?

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I feel the same, but also don’t think these distractions would have changed out W-L at all. All this stuff is embarrassing but it doesn’t change the on-field product one bit. 

Talking about it in the office doesn’t change the gameplan or execution. We are talking about world class athletes performing against each other not data entry. 

Steelers gave him away so cheap for the same reason SEA got Clowney so cheap. He told his agent he wouldn’t play just anywhere. Just my opinion, but I’m guessing he wanted to go somewhere warm. 

Teams  probably  were. You only hear about the deals that were agreed to like BUF and OAK. 

Personal grudges? Idk every situation is different. No one seemed to care when Bruce Smith didn’t feel like practicing. 

Yep, and I’m saying their effect on the outcome of games is severely overrated.

Even last year when he didn’t show up for the last game it was indefensible, but he scored 15TD in the other 15 games so was he a positive overall?

If distractions do not matter, AB would still be a Steeler.   

And LOL at you trying to say there was an agreed deal to Buffalo.  Still trying to spin that?

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'll be honest, I was in on AB and disappointed when we didn't get him. The man is a first rate talent.

But man, if he was like that in Oakland, I can only imagine the nightmare that would have been him in Buffalo, and under McDermott and a no-nonsense culture.

Can you imagine how :censored: up his feet would be here in the Buffalo winter's. Can anyone say amputee? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Primi donna , players no matter how great are not worth the headache.

I'm still upset that there are rumors of Beane wanting to bring him in here.. I assume/hope  it was a quick conversation that ended with Beane hanging up the phone and then mumbling " what a douche"

...so week 1 suspension voids $29 mil in guarantees?........well Mayock, what's the call?..........

Mike Tannenbaum

@RealTannenbaum

· 1h

The significance of a suspension is that it would void (assuming normal contract language) his $29,125,000 in contract guarantees. However, if he's on the Active Roster on opening day his $14,625,000 '19 salary becomes guaranteed because he's a Veteran