OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

No way do they release him outright.  The Raiders can recoup the cap space for his guaranteed salary one game at a time by keeping him suspended.  (Also they don’t have to pay it to him.)  That'd be $914k per game for anyone counting.  Two years worth of salary is guaranteed at that. 

Wouldn't the Raiders get a reprieve on breach of contract?

Mayock has not handled the situation very well from day 1 IMO.  If you’re gonna take on a personality like AB you better know how to manage it, and to me Mayock has been going at it poorly this whole time helping lead up to this meltdown.  Not deflecting responsibility from AB, but they knew who he was and then have tried to play the iron fist with him instead of managing the situation better.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

While I’m glad he’s not our headache, I also don’t think this would be going as bad if he was in Buffalo as I have that much more confidence in Beane and McD than I do in Gruden and Mayock.  I love watching Gruden on Hardknocks, he’s fun to watch, but I don’t think the combo of those two can hold a candle to our combo in terms of running an organization on and off the field.

So you are that AB is not a total idiot and needs to be coached/controlled better? After two successive organizations have been unable to handle him? 

Besides, McBeane have shyed away from contact, so to speak. As evidenced by then shipping off Dareus ..

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I may have to sue the Raiders on behalf of my fantasy team!!

Just take the L.... The fact that you didn't see this coming is a really bad look, and you don't want that decision making dragged through the papers during a lengthy court battle. ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Can you say..................

"Bullet dodged"

They still tried to trade for him.  It absolutely blows my mind with all the talk about culture.  And if he would have said ok, he’d be here doing the same crap.  

But yeah, bullet dodged.

6 minutes ago, dubs said:

But, according to Mike Schopp, all that matters is on field talent. 

?

Some of you are obsessed with this guy.  Again, the GM who some of you think is a god tried to get AB, so he thought the same thing.  

4 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

So you are that AB is not a total idiot and needs to be coached/controlled better? After two successive organizations have been unable to handle him? 

Besides, McBeane have shyed away from contact, so to speak. As evidenced by then shipping off Dareus ..

AB was a Steeler for years. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Some of you are obsessed with this guy.  Again, the GM who some of you think is a god tried to get AB, so he thought the same thing.  

We are just fooling around Cornelius. 

Edited by dubs
  • Haha (+1) 2

One of the tweets referenced (too lazy to go back) said something about teammates having to hold brown back during his argument with Mayock... If that's the case, and it was well witnessed, that seems like plenty of ground to send that contract through the shredder... Not sure the NFLPA are gonna go to bat for AB when it comes to stuff like that...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Mayock has not handled the situation very well from day 1 IMO.  If you’re gonna take on a personality like AB you better know how to manage it, and to me Mayock has been going at it poorly this whole time helping lead up to this meltdown.  Not deflecting responsibility from AB, but they knew who he was and then have tried to play the iron fist with him instead of managing the situation better.  

I’d bet that Mayock wasn’t on board with the signing from the beginning. Mayock may leave before Brown does, given the power structure in Oakland. When the HC is getting paid $100m, the GM isn’t gonna win any differences of opinion on players.