Should Barkley be the holder on kicks?

Albany,n.y.

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

This is interesting. Then you also have a guy athletic enough to possibly make something happen on a broken kick as well. 

Yep...that's another factor as well.

I remember being a kid and watching Steve Largent, in the same game during which he passed Don Hutson for the career receiving TD record, pick up a botched snap (he was Seattle's holder) and run it into the end zone for a PAT :lol:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

34 makes a good point.   One idiot is all it takes to hammer the holder   

Yet, who would you rather have if it’s a bad or mishandled snap? Pop up and throw to a preconceived area. How many times did Frank Reich get hurt holding for PKs? It’s nonsense, I tell ya! ?

I’ve been screaming for this since he beat the Jets less than a week of joining the team.

1 hour ago, Beane/Allen said:

Barclay has 8 and a half inch hands and Bojorquez 8 and 3/4 inch. 

I defer to the quarter inch. 

Hey Matt has 10 1/4 inch hands.  Who do you think he is?  The small hands guy that used to be in the burger king commercials? 

Edited by DallasMac

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Since Borjoquez is on very thin ice, we could have another season of musical chairs at the P position.  Why keep switching holders when the backup QB can provide stability there?   Years ago the backup QBs were the holders.  Frank Reich did it for years.  Doesn't it make more sense for the holder to be someone with a secure roster spot that the kicking unit can get used to having around?  

Paging Romo......

That is what I was thinking, since last year when Bojo made that stupid play. Why is that guy a holder??? 

Barkley should do it and I think it would be better for SH and also gives you the perfect opportunity to do some trick plays.

• Like (+1) 1

Now I know I’m getting older and my memory can get hazy, but two things come to mind here:

1.  Has Barkley ever held for kicks?

2.  The stuff about him getting hurt etc.?  Go back and watch the comeback game.  Christie’s holder wore # 14.  Fellow named Reich.   The starting QB that day.  Concerns about a holder getting hurt seems overblown at minimum.

• Like (+1) 3

Yes Reich was the holder, this isn't 1993 however, things have changed.  How many teams today use backup QB's as holders?  Don't think many do anymore.   The issue as has been pointed out, Barkley then would lose QB practice time and would become disruptive having to leave drills, whatever they are doing to work with the kicker.  In 1993 was easy for Marv to tell Frank, you need to stay an extra hour to work with the kickers.  Today, that violates the CBA.

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yes Reich was the holder, this isn't 1993 however, things have changed.  How many teams today use backup QB's as holders?  Don't think many do anymore.   The issue as has been pointed out, Barkley then would lose QB practice time and would become disruptive having to leave drills, whatever they are doing to work with the kicker.  In 1993 was easy for Marv to tell Frank, you need to stay an extra hour to work with the kickers.  Today, that violates the CBA.

Good points.  If Bojorquez is important to Hauschka performing then keep him 

1 hour ago, Antonio said:

That is what I was thinking, since last year when Bojo made that stupid play. Why is that guy a holder??? 

Barkley should do it and I think it would be better for SH and also gives you the perfect opportunity to do some trick plays.

Yeah, thought about trick play potential as well.

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I hate that it's 3 days before kickoff and we're still talking about punters and holders. I just want it figured out.

We're still talking about it.  The Bills apparently are going with Bojo.  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I am almost always in favor of the holder being a WR.  I want a guy back there that is used to catching the ball at different levels.

The ideal guy, for me, would be a WR that is also a special teams player, since he would be practicing with the ST unit most of the time anyway.

So, I submit that the best holder for this team, this year, would be Andre Roberts.

Bills used to have Bob Chandler hold for the kicker but one time he got hammered on a 3rd down pass play and had to come out of the game, couldn't hold for the FG