ESPN article about the Bills

Stallions

The Washington Post NFL preview today also has the Bills ranked in the mid-20’s.... BEHIND the Jets, Bucs and Redskins!   I’m really hoping this is just lazy analysis as it seems teams were ranked somewhat based on last years records.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I don’t get upset by negative preseason stuff and I don’t get all excited by positive preseason stuff.  No one knows what’s going to happen - every year teams that are supposed to stink do well and vice versa.

Yes, this is true for some teams, but it's not true for EVERY team.  Each year there are a few teams everyone knows WILL be good and a few everyone knows WILL be bad.  What's exciting about these Bills is they look like they're being built to be consistently good, year after year.  I feel like this is different, this is a group of young men who have come together to build something that is consistently excellent.   

Just now, Shaw66 said:

Yes, this is true for some teams, but it's not true for EVERY team.  Each year there are a few teams everyone knows WILL be good and a few everyone knows WILL be bad.  What's exciting about these Bills is they look like they're being built to be consistently good, year after year.  I feel like this is different, this is a group of young men who have come together to build something that is consistently excellent.   

I think anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6, and by the way I agree completely with your opinions in the two other big threads today.

I think a team that will fall back includes the Rams.  People will start figuring out MacVay.

16 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I think anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6, and by the way I agree completely with your opinions in the two other big threads today.

I think a team that will fall back includes the Rams.  People will start figuring out MacVay.

And this is what has me so excited.  I am not convinced that Mahomes or Goff or Mayfield is going to be a consistently good, long-term star.  I'm just not convinced.   But I really think Allen will be a star in a few years.  It's part of the Bills being built for the long-term.  I'm not sure about the Rams, certainly not sure about the Browns.  

I really do believe the Bills are going to be good this season and better, maybe dominant,  in 2020.

MLC has been such an upgrade from Rodak. Unfortunately, there is a possibility we are worse then last year. Yes we have talent, actually the Bills have talent most years, it comes down to coaching & QB play. No one is convinced McDermott can coach in his league or Allen can be a franchise QB. Hopefully, the doubters are proved wrong, but this team does lack playmakers, unless some of the young guys develop. 

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

The Washington Post NFL preview today also has the Bills ranked in the mid-20’s.... BEHIND the Jets, Bucs and Redskins!   I’m really hoping this is just lazy analysis as it seems teams were ranked somewhat based on last years records.

The Washington Post covers the 'Skins.  The rest of the league isn't followed as closely, outside the known dominant teams.  The Jets got Jamison Crowder (A player the 'Skins beat reporters know well) and Leveon Bell and CJ Moseley; respected "impact" players.  The Bucs got Bruce Arians to come and coach them.  The 'Skins is that hometown joy juice talking, but all they know of the Bills is win-loss record (6-10) and a young, QB who might or might not be a franchise guy.  I get it.  All the Bills have to do is win more games than they lose and perceptions will change.  In fact, they will change week to week as rankings do.  Fret not.  Sunday is coming quickly.

So here's the link to the article that actually works - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27435008/buffalo-bills-2019-nfl-season-preview-josh-allen-next-step

Also, if this prediction ends up being true, our offense will be massively improved over 2018 -

Bold prediction: Beasley finishes with a 100-catch season

15349.png&w=43&h=60&scale=crop&backgrounThe former Dallas Cowboy has averaged 3.1 receptions per game in his career after playing in a run-heavy offense with elite receiving options around him. But he'll be one of, if not the focal point of Buffalo's passing attack in 2019. He might not lead the league in receiving yards, but he can average the 6.3 receptions per game he needs to reach the 100-catch mark. -- Louis-Jacques

Edited by BigDingus

8 hours ago, zow2 said:

26th ... but they just follow the Big Boys and "pull from the AP pool" 

12 pages of Redskins trash and the 2 inside pages that listed the full NFL schedule.  

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm done arguing They'll either prove everyone wrong or fall on their faces. I'm betting the over.  This is supposed to be fun.

It is .... you just have to ignore those who don't put in real work.  

10 hours ago, nrenegar said:

So despite all the upgrades we are expected to finish 26th, vs 24th last year. Seems reasonable...

Get over it, dude.  The Bills OL in 2018 wasn't in the same league as the Eagles or Cowboys' OLs and the Bills WRs didn't belong in the same stadium as the Rams or Chiefs' WRs.   Replacing OLers and WRs who shoiuldn't even have been in the NFL much less starting with mostly modest FA veterans plus a few rookies and UDFAs isn't going to impress too many objective observers when other teams added major talent with acquisitions of players like Beckham, Bell, Brown, and Tunsil.

IOW, the Bills weren't the only team to upgrade their talent, and many of those teams added more talent.

11 hours ago, Stallions said:

either they don't respect our defense, don't like Josh  or feel the Bills are irrelevant as a franchise

FPI has Buffalo rated tied for the 6th best defense in the league. However, Buffalo is tied for 9th worst special teams and the 3rd worst offense, ahead of only Miami and Arizona.

Also, it should be noted that prior to the start of the regular season, the biggest factor in FPI ratings are Vegas odds, which as we all know, don't have Buffalo rated highly this year. Other factors include returning starters (offense is pretty much brand new, so that probably cancels out a lot of the talent upgrade) and the remaining starters were average or worse last year. Knowing the criteria that they use, it shouldn't be surprising that the offense is graded particularly poorly.

10 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I don’t get upset by negative preseason stuff and I don’t get all excited by positive preseason stuff.  No one knows what’s going to happen - every year teams that are supposed to stink do well and vice versa.

Who has time to read it. I am more focused on the Bills and what they are doing right now.

Edited by Rocket94