O-line depth chart

BillsGuru4

5 hours ago, NickelCity said:

A fair few of us want to see Dawkins-Spain-Morse-Ford-Nsehke, but as mentioned above it's been Ford at RT with Nsehke rotating with him. According the the front office we may see a rotating set of OLinement (presumably only on the right side). 

I can live with that, but Ty better get a good amount of snaps.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I can live with that, but Ty better get a good amount of snaps.

I suspect that Cody Ford is going to get every chance to earn that RT spot.  I don’t expect a “time share” situation unless Ford does not improve incrementally.  He’s going to get his lumps as he learns, but Ford locking down the RT position for the next 4-5 years would be huge.

I think he will have his struggles vs speed rushers, but I hope he will grow in that regard.  I like his game.  Especially as a run blocker.  He and Feliciano should be a force on that right side.

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Boettger is our starting LG before long.  Spain has not really impressed me.

Spain has looked lousy and is playing at too high a weight.

I think the OL will struggle this year.

8 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if Boettger is our starting LG before long.  Spain has not really impressed me.

I for one really like Ike's potential. I think he will start to come into his own as the season wears on. Now that he is nearly years removed from the achilles injury that cost him teh rest of his college career, he will only get better. I agree with you that he will be in the starting lineup by the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Spain has looked lousy and is playing at too high a weight.

I think the OL will struggle this year.

Even if they do struggle compared to whatever standard you are holding them to then it will still be better than ANY product we put on the field at ANY point last season. 

18 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I think they like Feliciano’s nastiness up front. He seems to be a different kind of guy in terms of the mentality. 

Also, the Jets look strong on their interior defensive line, but not so much on the edge. I wonder if they’re limiting Ford’s exposure to elite players (Quinnen and Leonard Williams) by putting him on the edge and allowing Veterans in Feliciano/Morse to get the first stab at that assignment. 

Yeah, this was my thought as well, they like the attitude he brings to the OL and found a way to keep him on the field. Looks like his teammates like him a lot as well given what I saw on the sidelines during pre-season games.

5 hours ago, H2o said:

Even if they do struggle compared to whatever standard you are holding them to then it will still be better than ANY product we put on the field at ANY point last season. 

Their struggles won't be anywhere near what they were last season. They didn't have a center who could hold things down, now they do. Dawkins definitely missed having Incognito next to him. I'm not saying Spain is on Incognito's level but he's an upgrade over Ducasse and Teller (even though I liked Teller and thought he'd eventually carve out a starting role). The right side seems like it's set to be Feliciano and Ford but they have solid depth for once so they have options and flexibility if the first five they trot out there don't end up coming together very well. Ford can move inside, Nsekhe can play tackle on either side, Long and Feliciano can both play center if needed, this Ryan Bates kid everyone seems to be hyped about can play all five spots on the OL, just up to Bobby Johnson to find where he's at his best. They didn't have any of this versatility last season, and now they do. Plus, the players are just better. I think they'll be alright. 

Also - I agree with you, H2o, I was just going off your response to the person that said they think the OL will struggle this season.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1