Can I get the Sunday Ticket without a Dish??

Dan III

10 minutes ago, Dan III said:

I have a family member living in a long term care facility in NH. How can I get get Bills games for him so he doesn’t lose his mind?

A - Do you have a subscription?

If yes,  download the NFL Sunday Ticket App.    That should work for you.  (I think) 

B -  register for Reddit  and watch from there 

Does the person have a Smart TV with Roku? Not to stereotype, but when I think of the situation, I'm thinking the answer may be no.

If it were me, I'd get them cheap laptop and show them how to use Red...(Bills vs. Jets game thread). Then scroll through the junk until you see the one with like 30-60 responses with a subtitle of NFLstreams. 

Unless you have a subscription and are able to legitimately use the subscription on a laptop OR they have a Roku TV. That would be ideal obviously.

It is available without dish in my area, perhaps his too. Their website has a "check availability" feature. see: https://nflst.directv.com/

I can only log into one device at a time, tablet, phone, laptop, roku, etc. So if you are using the account, then he cannot. 

If he is in a long term care facility, he might get around the dish requirement in the same way that apartment dwellers often do.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Please explain further.

Go to Ebay do a search for NFL Sunday ticket. People are reselling accounts. Obviously can’t verify who or where account has come from. Also, run the risk that the login stops working. My was fine the entire year last year but buyer beware.

17 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Go to Ebay do a search for NFL Sunday ticket. People are reselling accounts. Obviously can’t verify who or where account has come from. Also, run the risk that the login stops working. My was fine the entire year last year but buyer beware.

Interesting. Luckily my cousin just shared his for free with me.

20 minutes ago, 631BillsFan said:

If you know anyone who is in college they can register to stream it with their .edu email address.  $100 for the season

Kids in college know how to access anything digital for free. I guess the $100 gives them an out to actually do things honestly.

44 minutes ago, 631BillsFan said:

If you know anyone who is in college they can register to stream it with their .edu email address.  $100 for the season

Oh, Hey.  But then does the person watching need to use the email account in any form, or just set up an account using the .edu address?

Asking for a Friend...of course.

8 hours ago, Dan III said:

I have a family member living in a long term care facility in NH. How can I get get Bills games for him so he doesn’t lose his mind?

I don’t have a dish, I bought a Roku ready TV got DirectTV Now (it’s been changed to AT&T TV Now) and that only costs $55/mo with HBO and from there I signed up for SundayTicket and added the App on the TV and I get it with no problem and best of all I can just plug my TV in any outlet and as long as I have WIFI I have TV

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 10:01 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, Hey.  But then does the person watching need to use the email account in any form, or just set up an account using the .edu address?

Asking for a Friend...of course.

Sorry for late reply.  Just for the sign up

• Awesome! (+1) 1