Kyle should coach

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Would love to see him affiliated with the team, but he sold his house in OP and moved back to Louisiana. Maybe in a year or two..

He seed to indicate he didn't want to move back there because of the heat. If he moved back its even more impressive that he is here this much.

I think the reality of not playing anymore may have hit him. I bet he just wants to give back to something that he was such an integral part of. Ha! not too long ago he was a receiving threat! I wish him well and I hope he stays connected to the Bills! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The man loves football, you can tell its in his DNA.  He needs to be around the game.

I am grateful he has been sharing his knowledge with our young stud Ed and think it will be invaluable to Oliver's progression.

If Kyle shows aptitude for coaching during this time I hope the FO makes him an offer he can't refuse.

It would be awesome to see the Meatball on the Bills sideline for the foreseeable future.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah but he's there for just a few hours at practice?  It's a whole other level once you becomes a full time coach.

That 2-3 hour day becomes 12-15.

RC you are so right.  Man, I heard or read about so many stories of guys sleeping at the practice facility, putting in 20 hours a day and doing it for s****y pay.

Could Kyle be a little fast tracked?  Sure, maybe, but come on the guy has grossed almost 60 million in his career and if he has been smart, which I believe and hope he has, he could possibly be running around with 20 million in the bank (money left, but investments also) and enough to respectively live off of.

I know it is not this simple, but even a 2% return gets you $400,000 per year, gross...I've read some place before that $400,000 is a reasonable amount of money to live your life well.

• Like (+1) 1

Kyle has earned enough that he should get to do what he wants to do.  I highly doubt that includes 80 hour work weeks as an NFL coach.  But if it does, more power to him. 

Maybe a cushy sideline or front office job would suit him though.  Get him on camera for the team or make him a player liaison or something if he wants to stay around the team.  It’d be nice to continue to see him involved in some way. 

Edited by BarleyNY

52 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah but he's there for just a few hours at practice?  It's a whole other level once you becomes a full time coach.

That 2-3 hour day becomes 12-15.

That 2-3 hour day turns into sleeping in the office, turning your home bedroom into a film room, stopped petting the dog

And drinking , drinking lots of booze to cope with all the people that constantly tell you how much you suck and you should be fired

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

For a guy who wanted to be home with his family he sure is at practice A LOT. The wife probably got sick of him and told him to go lol. Honestly he should have kept playing and got a Super Bowl ring. Hopefully he coaches some day.

I agree ..  I said this when camp started and he was there at (nearly) every one 

• Thank you (+1) 1

i remember jimmy johnson saying that during his tenure with the cowboys, he only saw he wife in her night gown the majority of the time.  he meant that he left so early for work she was in it, and he would come back so late that she was back in it for bed.  long days.