Sign in to follow this  
DaBillsFanSince1973

BILLS @ JETS *Predict the Score*

The Bills defensive front vs Jets OL is an advantage for the Bills. I also think Daboll's offense has a few tricks up its sleeve vs GW. Bills win easily against the spread. 27-13

53 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

"obectivity" =/= "pessimism"

If you seriously believe the Jets offense has a prayer against our defense, I've got some prime swampland for sale you'd be interested in.

I’m not saying the Bills can’t win...they certainly can and might...the odds are just not in their favor...nothing wrong with saying that- it’s a completely rational view point...I just find it mildly entertaining when people get all worked up over a “non homer” suggestion.

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m not saying the Bills can’t win...they certainly can and might...the odds are just not in their favor...nothing wrong with saying that- it’s a completely rational view point...I just find it mildly entertaining when people get all worked up over a “non homer” suggestion.

And what I find mildly entertaining are people who hide behind "objectivity" while completely over-estimating the capabilities of the opponent.

The back 7 of the Jets defense is PUTRID.

Add to that the fact that their OL is weak, they're missing their TE and their running back hasn't played a snap in, what, 18 months?

I like our odds.

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

nfl_bills_vs_jets_social.jpg

Sun 09/08 · 1:00 PM EDT

Buffalo Bills vs. New York Jets: 7 things to know about Buffalo’s Week 1 opponent

The Buffalo Bills and New York Jets will look to pickup a valuable division and conference win in Week 1 when the teams face-off at MetLife Stadium.

Last year, Buffalo and New York split their season series with both teams picking up wins on the road. With the game just days away, here is what Bills fans should know about the Jets heading into Week 1.    

Le’Veon Bell playing for first time in over 600 days

Le’Veon Bell will have fresh legs for the matchup against the Bills. The running back held out all of last season with the Pittsburgh Steelers and did not play this preseason with the Jets.

It will be interesting to see if the lack of carries in live action will benefit Bell on Sunday or hinder his play as he shakes off plenty of rust on the field.

Cornerbacks viewed as weakest unit

Could Josh Allen throwing early and often be part of the Bills’ game plan in Week 1? It’s possible as the Jets’ cornerbacks are viewed as their biggest weakness. In addition to the aforementioned Trumaine Johnson, the Jets’ other cornerbacks include Darryl Roberts, Brian Poole, Nate Hairston and Arthur Maulet.

New York Jets will be at ‘full strength’ vs the Buffalo Bills in Week 1

Things looked bleak for a while in the New York Jets facilities.

Cornerbacks were dropping like flies during training camp. Then star wideout Robby Anderson suffered a ‘soft tissue injury’ that the coaching staff was cryptic about.

Consider all of this was before the 2019 regular season even commenced.

But on Labor Day Monday, optimism rained down from 1 Jets Drive, just call it divine intervention.

New York Jets head coach Adam Gase said that both Robby Anderson and No. 1 cornerback Trumaine Johnson are both expected to play in Week 1 during his Monday presser.

Injury Report

buf.png&h=100&w=100Buffalo Bills
NAME, POS STATUS DATE
Tyrel Dodson, LB Suspension
Aug 31
Tyler Kroft, TE Questionable
Sep 2
nyj.png&h=100&w=100New York Jets
NAME, POS STATUS DATE
Robby Anderson, WR Questionable
Sep 2
Trumaine Johnson, CB Questionable
Sep 2

FanDuel

Moneyline: BUF: (+148) | NYJ: (-170)
Spread: BUF: +3 (-110) | NYJ: -3 (-110)
Total: 40.5 – Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: BUF: 39% | NYJ: 61%

- Buffalo averaged 16.8 points per game (PPG) last season (No. 30 in the NFL).
- Buffalo surrendered 23.4 PPG last season (No. 19 in the NFL).
- The Jets averaged 20.8 PPG last season (No. 23 in the NFL).
- The Jets surrendered 27.6 PPG last season (No. 29 in the NFL).

tenor.gif?itemid=9895190

42-17 Bills

11 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

And what I find mildly entertaining are people who hide behind "objectivity" while completely over-estimating the capabilities of the opponent.

Add to that the fact that their OL is weak, they're missing their TE and their running back hasn't played a snap in, what, 18 months?

I like our odds.

Exactly. Overhyped so much because of "splashy" FA signings. 

Also to add - this was a 4 win team , new coaching staff , I think we have a big advantage seeing them week 1

15 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I like our odds.

Jets safeties and LBs are strong.  Calling Adams, Maye and Mosely putrid is not based in fact.  Yes, the cornerbacks stink. 

OL is not strong, but much improved over last year.  18 months off for Bell is a plus, as far as I'm concerned.   And he has KILLED the Bills in the past.   Most importantly, Jets have the better QB.  And I expect that they will get a new coach "bounce."

Edited by Bruce Harper

3 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Most importantly, Jets have the better QB.

Falllllse.

Bills 23; Jets 17.

Bills offense flashes potential but isn't consistent.  Needs more time to gel and develop timing.

Bills D is strong... but there's some real talent on the other side of the LOS and the Jets win the battle on some plays.  

Bills defensive line causes havoc and forces Darnold into a few turnovers, While Allen plays mistake free and hits on a few big plays. Buffalo 20 NY jets 13. 

Josh Allen 17-30 -231 Yards 1 TD 0 INT TD is a 61 yard bomb to Robert Foster who will be in the slot against dime CB.  Allen rushes 7 carries for 42 yards.

Edited by Tatonka68

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Has anyone heard from @ScottLawyet? Inquiring minds want to know if the Jets will be picking up one of their 10 wins this year right out of the gate? :)

24-17 Jets. Happy? 😀

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Jets safeties and LBs are strong.  Calling Adams, Maye and Mosely putrid is not based in fact.  Yes, the cornerbacks stink. 

OL is not strong, but much improved over last year.  18 months off for Bell is a plus, as far as I'm concerned.   And he has KILLED the Bills in the past.   Most importantly, Jets have the better QB.  And I expect that they will get a new coach "bounce."

Bell could have 180 months off and it still wouldn’t make a difference. Bell had a better OL in Pitt. compared to what he’s got now. Look no further than how Connor is doing with that line. Darnold is slightly better than Allen at this point, but I think a lot of that is NY media overhype. He has his weaknesses like Allen does. I don’t think there’s much to compare in terms of defense. Allen has done his share of making better LBs than the Jets have look foolish if he runs. Still, for a win, he better bring his A game throwing the ball

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

24-17 Jets. Happy? 😀

Why yes, yes I am! :D Feel free to pin and say I told you so if the Bills lose, but I'm feeling good about this one. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Bills 3

Jets 2

Browns 6, Bills 3 circa 2008 would be a Super Bowl compared to a 3-2 game..........but whatever gets us the win!

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Why yes, yes I am! :D Feel free to pin and say I told you so if the Bills lose, but I'm feeling good about this one. 

I'll be disappointed if I'm right, but it's just one game.... However, a loss to the Giants the next week would be alarming.

2-0 Jets in OT.

I know how bad I am at predicting games, so the Bills should win big in regulation with my logic. :P

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Bell could have 180 months off and it still wouldn’t make a difference. Bell had a better OL in Pitt. compared to what he’s got now. Look no further than how Connor is doing with that line. Darnold is slightly better than Allen at this point, but I think a lot of that is NY media overhype. He has his weaknesses like Allen does. I don’t think there’s much to compare in terms of defense. Allen has done his share of making better LBs than the Jets have look foolish if he runs. Still, for a win, he better bring his A game throwing the ball

It will be a fun game.  

I'm going to play devil's advocate and propose that Bell is going to be a HUGE factor.  Sure Pittsburgh's OL was better but the Jets have two good new starters and will be improved.  And let's not forget that Bell is not just some guy.  Among players with 40 or more starts, he has the highest yards from scrimmage IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME at 128.5.  That's higher than Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and Adrian Peterson.  Or anyone else for that matter.  The guy is a game changer.  He is still in his prime and has not lost a step.  Even with a weaker OL he will make a big difference in this game.

Bills -- 31

Jets -- 13