Sign in to follow this  
DaBillsFanSince1973

BILLS @ JETS *Predict the Score*

nfl_bills_vs_jets_social.jpg

Sun 09/08 · 1:00 PM EDT

Buffalo Bills vs. New York Jets: 7 things to know about Buffalo’s Week 1 opponent

The Buffalo Bills and New York Jets will look to pickup a valuable division and conference win in Week 1 when the teams face-off at MetLife Stadium.

Last year, Buffalo and New York split their season series with both teams picking up wins on the road. With the game just days away, here is what Bills fans should know about the Jets heading into Week 1.    

Le’Veon Bell playing for first time in over 600 days

Le’Veon Bell will have fresh legs for the matchup against the Bills. The running back held out all of last season with the Pittsburgh Steelers and did not play this preseason with the Jets.

It will be interesting to see if the lack of carries in live action will benefit Bell on Sunday or hinder his play as he shakes off plenty of rust on the field.

Cornerbacks viewed as weakest unit

Could Josh Allen throwing early and often be part of the Bills’ game plan in Week 1? It’s possible as the Jets’ cornerbacks are viewed as their biggest weakness. In addition to the aforementioned Trumaine Johnson, the Jets’ other cornerbacks include Darryl Roberts, Brian Poole, Nate Hairston and Arthur Maulet.

New York Jets will be at ‘full strength’ vs the Buffalo Bills in Week 1

Things looked bleak for a while in the New York Jets facilities.

Cornerbacks were dropping like flies during training camp. Then star wideout Robby Anderson suffered a ‘soft tissue injury’ that the coaching staff was cryptic about.

Consider all of this was before the 2019 regular season even commenced.

But on Labor Day Monday, optimism rained down from 1 Jets Drive, just call it divine intervention.

New York Jets head coach Adam Gase said that both Robby Anderson and No. 1 cornerback Trumaine Johnson are both expected to play in Week 1 during his Monday presser.

Injury Report

buf.png&h=100&w=100Buffalo Bills
NAME, POS STATUS DATE
Tyrel Dodson, LB Suspension
Aug 31
Tyler Kroft, TE Questionable
Sep 2
nyj.png&h=100&w=100New York Jets
NAME, POS STATUS DATE
Robby Anderson, WR Questionable
Sep 2
Trumaine Johnson, CB Questionable
Sep 2

FanDuel

Moneyline: BUF: (+148) | NYJ: (-170)
Spread: BUF: +3 (-110) | NYJ: -3 (-110)
Total: 40.5 – Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: BUF: 39% | NYJ: 61%

- Buffalo averaged 16.8 points per game (PPG) last season (No. 30 in the NFL).
- Buffalo surrendered 23.4 PPG last season (No. 19 in the NFL).
- The Jets averaged 20.8 PPG last season (No. 23 in the NFL).
- The Jets surrendered 27.6 PPG last season (No. 29 in the NFL).

tenor.gif?itemid=9895190

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Public (Spread) Betting Percentages: BUF: 39% | NYJ: 61%

i'm not a gambler, does this mean of the total of the bets on this game 61% are going for the Jets - 3?

my homer glasses must be rose'ier than I'm willing to admit, thats a much larger disparity than i would expect; some confident peeps out there.

Now I have to remember what I guessed ......  

Bills 27   NYETS 17.  

3 minutes ago, teef said:

cakewalk *****!

LOL   it has been a while waiting for you to post that 

10 minutes ago, Say When... said:

i'm not a gambler, does this mean of the total of the bets on this game 61% are going for the Jets - 3?

my homer glasses must be rose'ier than I'm willing to admit, thats a much larger disparity than i would expect; some confident peeps out there.

I'm not real sure man. I don't gamble either. I put that there for those that do, so maybe someone who does gamble can answer that for you?

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL   it has been a while waiting for you to post that 

so it begins...

in all honesty i have zero idea who wins this game.  there's just so much unknown about each team at this point, but since i'm a fan, i'll pick the bills.  if the bills win, i'll be impressed with what this staff has done.  it won't mean they're playoff bound, but at least it meant that they were prepared and up for the task.  the opening day beat down by the jets in 2012 left such a bad taste in my mouth.

13 minutes ago, Say When... said:

lot more jets fans than bills fans so of course they're putting the emotional money on the jets

2 minutes ago, teef said:

so it begins...

in all honesty i have zero idea who wins this game.  there's just so much unknown about each team at this point, but since i'm a fan, i'll pick the bills.  if the bills win, i'll be impressed with what this staff has done.  it won't mean they're playoff bound, but at least it meant that they were prepared and up for the task.  the opening day beat down by the jets in 2012 left such a bad taste in my mouth.

Hope that taste in your mouth isn’t Josh Allen... 😁 ala Kate Adams...

22 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I am betting the bills this weekend, and I am betting the under. 

I see a 17-10 Bills win. 

Man, I weirdly like this, Josh.  If it is over (40.5 was it?) it will be barely...21-17 Bills...please.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

18 minutes ago, Say When... said:

It is all about the quarterback.  They think Darnold is better than Allen.  And, based on last year's stats, it is not an unreasonable assumption.  Furthermore, because the Jets biggest weaknesses are its passing defense, and Josh was a below average passer last year, the match-up theoretically favors the Jets. 

Week 1 is tough to bet.  With so little knowledge, it is a bit of a crap shoot.  Put this same game three weeks later, and I bet you see a ton more people betting the Bills. 

22 minutes ago, Say When... said:

correct  Think of the population of Metro NYC and Buffalo and the amount of $ between the two areas, that is why the 61%.

8 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Hope that taste in your mouth isn’t Josh Allen... 😁 ala Kate Adams...

200w.webp?cid=790b76113ffb8486ea6f4b1276

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Man, I weirdly like this, Josh.  If it is over (40.5 was it?) it will be barely...21-17 Bills...please.

I am betting an above average amount on the Bills.  That under is a little dicey though. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1