Truly New Period For Bills With Shady Gone

corta765

1 minute ago, Seasons1992 said:

Get the hell out of my sight.

I would've expected nothing less, but had to kick the tires for due diligence. I'm not thrilled with the retro Kelly jerseys out there now, am having trouble finding the right number font to go with what he usually rocked, for a decent price.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Except Mario was well worth it. Arguably the best pass rusher in the league in his prime at the time. 

Problem was they never had a complete team around him. 

TO is a better example of Russ trying to sell a bills of goods to fans.

sustained, counselor.

9 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Over the years I’ve come to firmly believe Brandon pushed the Sammy trade more then anyone

I could see that

Only when the team wins, and is in competition for the AFC East or a lock for a wild card, they will become "known" players.  Beane and McD have started something good.  This is the first time in a long time my optimism isn't just Blind Bills Fandom. 

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

wanna bet?????????  

If I change my name as some have asked .....  I'm conflicted...  

Shady's Shade or Shady's Ghost?  

Or do I go retro with Slim Shady?

My name wasn't really just based on McCoy ....    "of doubtful honesty or legality" As in 

Am I being honest or busting balls?  

How about FallenShady26?

• Haha (+1) 1

Nationally speaking - Bills are invisible. Some pick the team as a whole to be "surprise" team but even them can barely tell you anyone on the roster. McCoy was the most recognizable name. Most do not think a whole lot of Josh Allen yet. For example, was just listening to a show talking about Goff's contract. They went through every starter and said Goff or that guy...on Allen it was a Josh Allen, no without even a discussion. They at least debated Sam Darnold ultimately saying no but at least discussed it. Even discussed Fitz. Allen was simple no.

There are several concepts here that are being jumbled a bit.

Media attention versus matchups.  Shady brought some media attention.  He didn’t really create matchup advantages for the offense on a consistent basis the past couple of seasons.

And having a great running back isn’t always the same as having a great running game.  You can have one without the other...

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think we should have cut Shady. I think he had another year in him. That said, if the Bills have legitimately stacked good draft classes then that is the right method to winning. 

I rarely disagree with you (except for your horrendously wrong opinion about baseball), but I do, here.  I absolutely loved Shady during his Bills tenure, but I think the time was right.  I'm happy that he went to a team with a familiar face at HC .... and a very good team, at that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

There are several concepts here that are being jumbled a bit.

Media attention versus matchups.  Shady brought some media attention.  He didn’t really create matchup advantages for the offense on a consistent basis the past couple of seasons.

And having a great running back isn’t always the same as having a great running game.  You can have one without the other...

To be fair - last year he did not have a good year. The prior he did play well and was a big part why the team made the playoffs. Last year I dont know if any RB could have excelled. That offense due to the personnel other than Shady was a joke. 

I hope this is not a similar situation as Tyrod. Where you keep Shady and let him be there until Singletary is ready.  Now say he is not ready and we are falling back on Gore/Yeldon. Reminds me of Nathan Peterman and AJM with Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, corta765 said:

I 100% think higher of the Jets for having Bell. They have a better RB then Buffalo who will help their young QB in spades. The Bills would’ve been better with Antonio Brown at WR. That’s not even debateable.

LOL! Bills are being built differently and do not need this prima donna. 

15 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Cutting Shady & keeping the owners daughters boyfriend will set this franchise back.

He was kept so they could put him on IR.  Not a factor.

The decision to cut Shady may have been harder for the Bills than we think. How do you tell a fading star who can still contribute that his time is up? It was time to turn the page and give Shady the opportunity to find another team while he could still play.

On 9/4/2019 at 8:03 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks for giving credence to the mentally challenged cretins hovering here like ghouls. Assuredly, we don’t have household names at WR, Edge or TE yet, and while Allen has displayed a lot of WOW PLAY in just 9 games, he has some detractors. But the alarming dismissiveness of so many here that the Bills ‘have zero star power’ and ‘can’t lure top end players’ is absurd in any universe other than gamers. Every starter on Defense sans the CB opposite Tre White and perhaps Shaq would be a coveted starter on 30 other teams. Add Dawkins, Hauschka, Allen and Morse in the mix. How long would Reid Ferguson be unemployed if he hit the streets today? While just rookies, Ford, Oliver & Singletary we’re highly coveted and are 1st year starters with Devin already pushing Shady McCoy out the door. Frazier is a long time, highly respected DC, Daboll has a growing respect Leaguewide and I haven’t seen or heard one discouraging word about Sean & Brandon -except from our ‘special needs’ fans here. Only these mental midgets -who include a few primadonna forced FA’s and a few lame, headline seeking “sports writers” are making these unsubstantiated claims. The overwhelming majority of FA’s care about only 2 things; $$ and a good fit. The Bills offer this in spades.

Again, thanks! -a lot..?

You say it's absurd, but while guys were lining up to play in Cleveland, we had none of that here. We're not a highly sought destination yet, but a lot of that comes with hype and winning. Guys want a ring and I don't think people think Buffalo when they are picturing that, yet. We are far more talented than we were and there are some very good football players, just not at star level yet. A bunch of guys can get there soon and I look forward to them getting the respect they deserve. You sure do go out of your way to insult people here though lol. 

12 hours ago, ngbills said:

To be fair - last year he did not have a good year. The prior he did play well and was a big part why the team made the playoffs. Last year I dont know if any RB could have excelled. That offense due to the personnel other than Shady was a joke. 

I hope this is not a similar situation as Tyrod. Where you keep Shady and let him be there until Singletary is ready.  Now say he is not ready and we are falling back on Gore/Yeldon. Reminds me of Nathan Peterman and AJM with Allen. 

I think Gore/Yeldon is nowhere near as bad as Peterman/AJM. Gore might push for a lot of starter reps and Yeldon can work his way in to a lot of pass plays. It's not as easy a path to the true #1 for Singletary. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 10:56 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

There is some precedent here--refer back to @BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P, who memorably went with "PetermanThrew5Picks" before switching to a much more durable moniker, upon dare/request if the Bills beat Minnie last year, which most people thought was a safe pick to bet against Buffalo on... :). You should start a poll between your final choices, my vote is "Shady'sBackBackAgain" since you're channeling your inner Eminem?  

My well-pixelated cutting edge avatar choice pic takes great offense to this, good sir!

I guess you get your kicks daring people to quit fantastic names into something stupid that doesn't make sense eh?

• Haha (+1) 1