Truly New Period For Bills With Shady Gone

corta765

On 9/4/2019 at 3:42 AM, corta765 said:

McCoys release marks the last gasp of the big name players Doug Whaley has a role in bringing in to try and build the team. Going back to Mario Williams the Bills for a period brought in through mostly free agency a bunch of players who were name brand established players to try and build with including McCoy, Harvin, Incognito, former coach Rex Ryan, and in the draft the hype of Sammy Watkins who at the time of his drafting was a massive name.

Unfortunately most of these moves came at too high of a price with very little result and the franchise certainly seems to be in a stronger healthier place now then at any point back then. But McCoy was a really good player for his time here minus his last season where he struggled a bit.

Fair or not McCoys name helped bring the Bills relevance to a team that needs it. As a fan the one part that is hard being a Bills fan is unless we are consistently winning your pushed to the back of the pack due to the market we’re in. Robert Woods and Gilmore were just as good of players here as they are in their current spots, but only when the market changes to the bigger cities do they get the credit due to the Bills lack of success. Tre White is as good of a CB as Xavier Howard yet because he plays in Buffalo not Miami the narrative is different.

McCoys departure effectively removes the last big name that brings relevancy to the franchise for right now. Winning is the end all cure for everything and if the Bills win 10 games, some of the names like Oliver White Milano Edmunds and Allen will bring that recognition back.

As a fan I understand McCoy leaving and think it was a good move for the Bills future. I will miss though the attention he did bring across the league for a franchise that regularly is forgotten about.

I could honestly care less about having big names....just give me the wins

Although I will say.....STRONG chance that by the end of this year the name at the most important position on the football field.....quarterback......will be THE big name.  Kid has it all.