Truly New Period For Bills With Shady Gone

corta765

McCoys release marks the last gasp of the big name players Doug Whaley has a role in bringing in to try and build the team. Going back to Mario Williams the Bills for a period brought in through mostly free agency a bunch of players who were name brand established players to try and build with including McCoy, Harvin, Incognito, former coach Rex Ryan, and in the draft the hype of Sammy Watkins who at the time of his drafting was a massive name.

Unfortunately most of these moves came at too high of a price with very little result and the franchise certainly seems to be in a stronger healthier place now then at any point back then. But McCoy was a really good player for his time here minus his last season where he struggled a bit.

Fair or not McCoys name helped bring the Bills relevance to a team that needs it. As a fan the one part that is hard being a Bills fan is unless we are consistently winning your pushed to the back of the pack due to the market we’re in. Robert Woods and Gilmore were just as good of players here as they are in their current spots, but only when the market changes to the bigger cities do they get the credit due to the Bills lack of success. Tre White is as good of a CB as Xavier Howard yet because he plays in Buffalo not Miami the narrative is different.

McCoys departure effectively removes the last big name that brings relevancy to the franchise for right now. Winning is the end all cure for everything and if the Bills win 10 games, some of the names like Oliver White Milano Edmunds and Allen will bring that recognition back.

As a fan I understand McCoy leaving and think it was a good move for the Bills future. I will miss though the attention he did bring across the league for a franchise that regularly is forgotten about.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, corta765 said:

McCoys release marks the last gasp of the big name players Doug Whaley has a role in bringing in to try and build the team. Going back to Mario Williams the Bills for a period brought in through mostly free agency a bunch of players who were name brand established players to try and build with including McCoy, Harvin, Incognito, former coach Rex Ryan, and in the draft the hype of Sammy Watkins who at the time of his drafting was a massive name.

Unfortunately most of these moves came at too high of a price with very little result and the franchise certainly seems to be in a stronger healthier place now then at any point back then. But McCoy was a really good player for his time here minus his last season where he struggled a bit.

Fair or not McCoys name helped bring the Bills relevance to a team that needs it. As a fan the one part that is hard being a Bills fan is unless we are consistently winning your pushed to the back of the pack due to the market we’re in. Robert Woods and Gilmore were just as good of players here as they are in their current spots, but only when the market changes to the bigger cities do they get the credit due to the Bills lack of success. Tre White is as good of a CB as Xavier Howard yet because he plays in Buffalo not Miami the narrative is different.

McCoys departure effectively removes the last big name that brings relevancy to the franchise for right now. Winning is the end all cure for everything and if the Bills win 10 games, some of the names like Oliver White Milano Edmunds and Allen will bring that recognition back.

As a fan I understand McCoy leaving and think it was a good move for the Bills future. I will miss though the attention he did bring across the league for a franchise that regularly is forgotten about.

I think simply having Josh Allen brings attention.  Media darling Baker Mayfield will be compared to Allen, Darnold, Rosen and Lamont throughout the season.

I'd rather the Bills gain attention with wins than gaining attention the way Cleveland (attentionwhores at QB/WR), Oakland (nonstop drama) and Miami (dumpster fire) are.

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think simply having Josh Allen brings attention.  Media darling Baker Mayfield will be compared to Allen, Darnold, Rosen and Lamont throughout the season.

I'd rather the Bills gain attention with wins than gaining attention the way Cleveland (attentionwhores at QB/WR), Oakland (nonstop drama) and Miami (dumpster fire) are.

More like all those other guys will be compared to Mayfield.  He’s the one the media talks about 24/7.  Not Allen, Darnold etc

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

More like all those other guys will be compared to Mayfield.  He’s the one the media talks about 24/7.  Not Allen, Darnold etc

Okay, cool.  That works.  End result is attention for all of these QBs ... even Rosen on the sideline.

5 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

My favorite part is that we can all stop saying “Shady” now.

wanna bet?????????  

(which makes me think about ...) 

some have asked what I will change my name to  .....  I'm conflicted...  

Shady's Shade or Shady's Ghost?  

Or do I go retro with Slim Shady?

My name wasn't really just based on McCoy ....    "of doubtful honesty or legality" As in 

Am I being honest or busting balls?  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
edited for clarity
  • Haha (+1) 2

For some reason the media liked McCoy. IMHO he was overrated and his dancing caused as much trouble in an inconsistent offence as it helped. A predictable 3 yards and a cloud of dust is more helpful some times than 5 carries a game losing 4 or 5 yards each than one 22 yard run no matter how spectacular. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I mean if I’m being 100% honest here, whaleys teams talent wise compared to the team we have right this second isn’t much different. 

Could possibly even argue whaleys teams were constructed better depending on what philosophy you like best. Obviously we all know EJ was not a starting caliber quarterback but rewind and if EJ hits as a top 15 stat quarterback in this league those teams are riding into the playoffs. 

People can blast Whaley all day over trades and drafts and cap etc etc but that guy built a helluva team, his downfall was and always will be he couldn’t find a starting caliber quarterback. Had he found one, those teams were built to compete. Fast forward to present day and I like what Beane has done, young team with a lot of promise, but his downfall can be the same fate as Whaley if Allen doesn’t pan out to be a franchise top 15 kinda guy. Back to the OP and yeah 100% shady was the last of the national spotlight star power on this team, but I’m all for building your own stars, not buying them from other teams. Couple guys who can change that though. Tre, Oliver, Knox or Sweeney, singletary and of course Allen all have a decent shot to be national stars in this game. Tight ends are so hit and miss but our young guys have some potential and the way the league is going tight end is a positional mismatch no defense can quite stop yet. Leaves the door open to put up great numbers. Hypothetical situation but if Knox somehow made the most of playing time and had a 60 catch season with 10+ tds and he’d be a fantasy football sleeper dream. And that would actually propel him into the national media stage. 

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

wanna bet?????????  

If I change my name as some have asked .....  I'm conflicted...  

Shady's Shade or Shady's Ghost?  

Or do I go retro with Slim Shady?

My name wasn't really just based on McCoy ....    "of doubtful honesty or legality" As in 

Am I being honest or busting balls?  

I like Shadys ghost if we’re doing a poll 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

For some reason the media liked McCoy. IMHO he was overrated and his dancing caused as much trouble in an inconsistent offence as it helped. A predictable 3 yards and a cloud of dust is more helpful some times than 5 carries a game losing 4 or 5 yards each than one 22 yard run no matter how spectacular. 

cloud of dust?

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Pardon me but  YAWN 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/history/leaders/_/stat/rushlead

NFL History - Rushing Leaders

# 25    LeSEAN McCOY     10,606

25 how apropos

also on the list 

4     FRANK GORE     14,748

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Thanks for giving credence to the mentally challenged cretins hovering here like ghouls. Assuredly, we don’t have household names at WR, Edge or TE yet, and while Allen has displayed a lot of WOW PLAY in just 9 games, he has some detractors. But the alarming dismissiveness of so many here that the Bills ‘have zero star power’ and ‘can’t lure top end players’ is absurd in any universe other than gamers. Every starter on Defense sans the CB opposite Tre White and perhaps Shaq would be a coveted starter on 30 other teams. Add Dawkins, Hauschka, Allen and Morse in the mix. How long would Reid Ferguson be unemployed if he hit the streets today? While just rookies, Ford, Oliver & Singletary we’re highly coveted and are 1st year starters with Devin already pushing Shady McCoy out the door. Frazier is a long time, highly respected DC, Daboll has a growing respect Leaguewide and I haven’t seen or heard one discouraging word about Sean & Brandon -except from our ‘special needs’ fans here. Only these mental midgets -who include a few primadonna forced FA’s and a few lame, headline seeking “sports writers” are making these unsubstantiated claims. The overwhelming majority of FA’s care about only 2 things; $$ and a good fit. The Bills offer this in spades.

Again, thanks! -a lot..?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I'm open for suggestions.  thanks 

and not to derail this thread any longer I started a Poll on OTW. 

It is a challenge. You ARE a shady character who happens to be a Bills fan. We could ALL have that moniker and it would fit like a glove.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

It is a challenge. You ARE a shady character who happens to be a Bills fan. We could ALL have that moniker and it would fit like a glove.

There's a name ->  Shady Character 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Having LeSean McCoy on our roster didn't make us more respectable.  

Before his release, all I heard were "old" jokes about our backfield and how Shady's best days were behind him.  

Boasting a top player does not make your franchise more respected around the league.  Do you think higher of the Jets because they threw a lot of money at Le'Veon Bell?  Are the Raiders less of a joke because they traded for Antonio Brown?  Even when McCoy was at his prime, everyone was still laughing and mocking us.

The only thing that brings Buffalo respect is WINNING.

That's why I don't care about ESPN's power rankings or how many primetime games we get.  That's why I don't care when we get shunned by veterans who don't want to come here, or when our good players get ignored during Pro-Bowl voting.  The Bills haven't done squat to earn respect in nearly 20 years.  If they can start busting teams in the mouth and winning games, you will be shocked how quickly the narrative turns around on this franchise.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Hughes is the last gasp.

I was going to say that but when he came here he was deemed "an under performer" by the Colts.  

Thanks Jim,  you clueless man.  

23 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So I've noticed .....  Some of you Mods are a tricky species  LOL 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1