What this Bills season is all about & nobody says it!

PUNT750

Punt, where have you been? 

Everyone is is saying it depends on Allen to raise his game, nice effort though....

Go Bills!!! I 

27 minutes ago, Beane/Allen said:

Just heard the over under for td passes for the season is Allen 17 and Darnold 24.5. 

That seems like a pretty big difference. 

I thought the Jets weren't even supposed to be good this year.

What difference does that make?  

Allen had 2,705 total yards 18 TDs 14 turnovers last year in 12 games

Darnold had 3,003 total yards 18 TDs and 17 turnovers last year in 13 games

Why don't we just watch the guys develop and play instead of trying to prove some QB is good or bad based on some Vegas betting odds.

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

What difference does that make?  

Allen had 2,705 total yards 18 TDs 14 turnovers last year in 12 games

Darnold had 3,003 total yards 18 TDs and 17 turnovers last year in 13 games

Why don't we just watch the guys develop and play instead of trying to prove some QB is good or bad based on some Vegas betting odds.

I'm not trying to prove anything.  I'm just asking 

Why the big difference? 

7 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

A supposedly great draft, the same for free agent pick-ups etc., etc., etc.  We're a better overall team !  A great defense. All is wonderful !

But, what it's all about is a 23 year old QB. 

Can he be the team leader?  I don't see it!  He's immature.  He looks it, acts it and it shows on the field.

Can he throw more TD's than Interceptions?  I wouldn't bet on it based on his history!

A winning NFL QB can't have a 52.8 completion %.  Can he do much, much better?

He's a nice kid but can he ever be the MAN?

Why do all of the major NFL polls predict the Bills will finish 23-25 out of 32 teams???  Is it because of Cole Beasley, John Brown, Ed Oliver, Tremaine Edwards, Mitch Morse or Tre White?

The days of the 4-5 year re-build are way, way over.  Players demand trades and new contracts quickly!  Two (2) years is a reasonable re-build time now IF YOU HAVE THE QUARTERBACK !!

DO WE HAVE HIM?

What made you think that this would be a worthwhile post?  Seriously.

A supposedly great draft, the same for free agent pick-ups etc., etc., etc.  We're a better overall team !  A great defense. All is wonderful !

Can he be the team leader?  I don't see it!  He's immature.  He looks it, acts it and it shows on the field.

Can he throw more TD's than Interceptions?  I wouldn't bet on it based on his history!

Why do all of the major NFL polls predict the Bills will finish 23-25 out of 32 teams???  Is it because of Cole Beasley, John Brown, Ed Oliver, Tremaine Edwards, Mitch Morse or Tre White?

The days of the 4-5 year re-build are way, way over.  Players demand trades and new contracts quickly!  Two (2) years is a reasonable re-build time now IF YOU HAVE THE QUARTERBACK !!

DO WE HAVE HIM?

tenor.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beane/Allen said:

Why the big difference? 

Probably because there is little data on these QBs.  Not even a full seasons worth.  In the TD passing department, Darnold did quite a bit better than Allen did last season. 17 vs 10 with only 1 extra game.

The Jets could be good this season.  They have a young QB who shows promise if he knocks down the turnovers and the offense around him really isn't nothing to sneeze at.  They have some pretty good talent.

9 minutes ago, Beane/Allen said:

Why the big difference? 

Because Allen scored a lot with his legs last year, and public perception is he is inaccurate. Odds are set based on where they can get people to bet on both sides

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

No, it really won’t be found out this season. He’s barely 23 years old. Blessed with ungodly talent, it has never been developed through quality coaching. It’s why he was forced to send a thousand letters to colleges just for an opportunity to showcase these gifts. Through 2 undistinguished schools of higher learning, he still wasn’t properly coached, as his teams stood in wonder of his amazing Hero Ball capabilities. His only -repeat ONLY- coaching has come in just the last 14 months. He still dazzled everyone, this time on a global scale, but he won’t be ‘pro ready’ for at least 2 more years. Case in point, Kelly went full scholarship to the U under Schellenbacker(sp?). Then 2 seasons under Mouse Davis playing semi-Pro ball. While he was anointed GOD upon arriving in B’lo, it was 2 more years of untimely INTs, game killing blunders and a huge ego that believed he could just WILL good things to happen. 

Allen has ALL THE TOOLS. He will be Great in time. Just not THIS time..

That's not entirely a rule.  Some QB's come in as rookies and make the playoffs, others in more recent memory have taken HUGE strides forward in their second season (Mahomes, Trubisky) - and teams make the playoffs because they have a strong defense, good coaches (who manage their clock and challenges well) and breaks in the schedule along the way.  Look at the number of games that the Bills have played in past seasons that came down to a SINGLE play (a missed FG, a dropped pick 6, a hail mary that someone came down with, a bad call by the officials).  This is probably a playoff roster - now we need to execute McBeane's plan.

Our power ranking on NFL.com is literally just the guy talking about how Josh has to become "the man".  EVERY season prediction for us is about it hanging on Josh.  If it appears to you he isn't being talked about as much as you'd like, it's because we're just tired of beating that dead horse.

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Probably because there is little data on these QBs.  Not even a full seasons worth.  In the TD passing department, Darnold did quite a bit better than Allen did last season. 17 vs 10 with only 1 extra game.

The Jets could be good this season.  They have a young QB who shows promise if he knocks down the turnovers and the offense around him really isn't nothing to sneeze at.  They have some pretty good talent.

I mean, it's not like we could have selected Darnold anyway, but yeah, that is quite a disparity in TD passes betwee the 2 players, given a limited sample. 

Just now, Beane/Allen said:

I mean, it's not like we could have selected Darnold anyway, but yeah, that is quite a disparity in TD passes betwee the 2 players, given a limited sample. 

We shall see what happens this year.  While, I don't think we have world beaters in the receiving position, I think they are a better group than last season.  Same with the O-line.  Hopefully those improvements are real and not just on paper and Allen makes improvements this year too.

DO WE HAVE HIM?

You're correct.  It's all about Allen. 

I think he is a star in the making.  He's going to be a top 15, maybe even top 10 passer this season, and next season he will be one of the premier QBs in the league.  It's coming.

2 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

Well here is a couple minutes of my life I’ll never get back. You seriously think nobody is talking about Allen, or his need to take the next step? This might just be the most absurd thing I’ve read in a long time. 

Maybe we should just stop talking about the QB. 

It seems to bother many here. 

2 minutes ago, Beane/Allen said:

So Vegas doesn't think? 

Are you old enough to be unsupervised? Vegas only plays off what they believe people are thinking. They make their $$ off the unsupervised. Hopefully your Dad is in the room with you. Ask him.

19 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I feel for the mods on this board. Anti-Allen posters are like cyber versions of cockroaches, you just can't kill them off. They just keep coming back under new screen names over...and over...and over again...

There must be at least three of them in this thread.

I’ve been calling for a kiddies table here for years. We’ve implemented good changes that warn ‘NOOB IN THE ROOM!’ and locked the ability for them to start threads until they have enough posts for an understanding of what to expect. But this new wave is piling up early post counts so fast, they’re eligible to play with the big kids before we get a handle on them. 

A ‘Kiddies Table’ would lock them in the nursery until a responsible adult decides they can venture out into the real world. 

But yes, many are reincarnated banned morons from days gone by..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1