What this Bills season is all about & nobody says it!

PUNT750

16 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KellJi00.htm

Completion Percentages 59.4, 59.7, 59.5 of Jim Kelly's 1st 3 seasons as a Buffalo Bill. Using the OP's standards he was never going to amount to anything - right?

Should have cut him after these three horrible seasons - Yes?

Kelly's TD/Int his first 3 seasons: 22/17, 19/11, 15/17

Horrible  - right? This guy obviously sucked and should have been cut after his 1st 3 seasons - Right?

Kelly BTW was 26 yrs old that 1st season. His won/loss records those 1st 3 seasons: 4-12, 7-8, 12/4.

But some so called fans want to crucify Allen after one partial season???

Dumb comparison as it was a less QB friendly era that was less QB friendly and before the salary cap.  It's not a knock on Allen.  Wentz and Goff took a huge leap in there sophomore year and Allen needs to also.  QB's are expected to develop faster now.  The one thing I don't want this team to be spinning their wheels like the Titans and Bucs are right now with still wondering if their first round pick is their franchise QB in year 5.  Dolphins fans can relate with Tannehill.  

Edited by Doc Brown

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Does the development of Josh Allen matter? Oh, yeah, big time. Is it maybe the most important of the many many issues they face? Arguably, yeah. But everyone already knows this ... it's been a huge focus on these boards since Allen was picked. But is this season all about it? Nah. This year isn't some make-or-break deal, far from it. And the whole process of revamping this team is much more complex than you make it out.

I couldn't agree more, thanks for taking the time to post that.

I know many disagree, saying the NFL has changed so much, if you don't have a 2 yr rebuild its a failure now and you might as well tear it down AGAIN.

I disagree, I see this Bills team as very similar to the 87' or 88' team.  I see it taking a couple more years to reach its peak and get fine tuned with all the 'right' pieces in place.

I know instant gratification is sadly what rules many lives now but Buffalo fans need to have a little patience. (I know how hard that is after 20 yrs of incompetence).

The foundation is being laid right now and I have Faith that we have the leadership and FO to do it.  So much was accomplished this past off season, I cant wait to see what pieces are added next year.

I have not been this optimistic in a long, long time, (since we got Kelly, Josh reminds me a LOT of Kelly except a much higher ceiling).

Enjoy the ride Bills Fans.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Nobody says it??

-and people complain I’m too hard on simple-minded trolls..

GTFO

BB6B16C8-7FA4-4127-8BA1-B1A74E95362D.jpeg

Thats the 2nd time I've had to clean coffee off my screen because of that meme!

Stop It!:w00t:

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Dumb comparison as it was a less QB friendly era that was less QB friendly and before the salary cap.  It's not a knock on Allen.  Wentz and Goff took a huge leap in there sophomore year and Allen needs to also.  QB's are expected to develop faster now.  The one thing I don't want this team to be spinning their wheels like the Titans and Bucs are right now with still wondering if their first round pick is their franchise QB in year 5.  Dolphins fans can relate with Tannehill.  

Yeah, no. THIS is a dumb comparison. Mariota & Jamis’ talent were maxed out while on display in college. Neither have progressed nor are they likely to. Few believed from the start they’d ever be great. They were just the best that Draft offered and Tennessee & Tampa were the desperate teams at the top of the Draft board. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

A supposedly great draft, the same for free agent pick-ups etc., etc., etc.  We're a better overall team !  A great defense. All is wonderful !

But, what it's all about is a 23 year old QB. 

Can he be the team leader?  I don't see it!  He's immature.  He looks it, acts it and it shows on the field.

Can he throw more TD's than Interceptions?  I wouldn't bet on it based on his history!

A winning NFL QB can't have a 52.8 completion %.  Can he do much, much better?

He's a nice kid but can he ever be the MAN?

Why do all of the major NFL polls predict the Bills will finish 23-25 out of 32 teams???  Is it because of Cole Beasley, John Brown, Ed Oliver, Tremaine Edwards, Mitch Morse or Tre White?

The days of the 4-5 year re-build are way, way over.  Players demand trades and new contracts quickly!  Two (2) years is a reasonable re-build time now IF YOU HAVE THE QUARTERBACK !!

DO WE HAVE HIM?

But what about the punter? He is important too right?

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518

Thurman killed it here.  Allen is important but not the sole piece.  And Allen is going to make mistakes this season.  So is Darnold.  So is Mayfield.  So is Murray.  And so on.  Why?  Because they are very young QBs figuring it out.   An NFL QB may be the most important single position to lay in sports, and it might also be the single most difficult to learn.  So not every decision will be perfect, not every throw will be perfect, and yet as sure as death and taxes fans of these different teams will harp on every single mistake as if it is definitive proof that (insert young QB's name here) will never make it in the league.

You know who else will make mistakes this coming season?  Brady.  Rogers.  Brees.  Will they make as many as the young guys?  Not nearly as many.  Why?  Because they've learned.  So will the young guys if given time.  Coach Boone was right:  let the boys play.

A supposedly great draft, the same for free agent pick-ups etc., etc., etc.  We're a better overall team !  A great defense. All is wonderful !

Can he be the team leader?  I don't see it!  He's immature.  He looks it, acts it and it shows on the field.

Can he throw more TD's than Interceptions?  I wouldn't bet on it based on his history!

Why do all of the major NFL polls predict the Bills will finish 23-25 out of 32 teams???  Is it because of Cole Beasley, John Brown, Ed Oliver, Tremaine Edwards, Mitch Morse or Tre White?

The days of the 4-5 year re-build are way, way over.  Players demand trades and new contracts quickly!  Two (2) years is a reasonable re-build time now IF YOU HAVE THE QUARTERBACK !!

DO WE HAVE HIM?

Not sure what you mean by immature....  First names that come to mind with immaturity is Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham and Leveon Bell.  Antonio is threatening not to play because of a helmet, how much more immature can you be?  Yet people were wanting him on this team. 

Sure, Allen is the focal point but as ALF said, it's gonna depend on how our NEW oline works out. Not many QB's stood a chance with last year's line. Hopefully it doesn't take a couple of games for them to gel. Beating 2 beatable teams in the Jets and Giants, off the bat would do wonders for Allen and the rest of the team. Here's to a healthy Oline!:beer:

DO WE HAVE HIM?

Lots of sarcastic responses but your post is right on. 

Allen needs to become the QB who Brandon Beane thought he could be when he spent the draft capital he did on him. 

How quickly does this need to happen, well that's another story. 

6 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

DO WE HAVE HIM?

You are partially right. Nobody has detailed things about Allen’s leadership so I will take the time. This team will win big this year, as I feel the team is much better on paper this year, and as Allen is the biggest leader they have had in a long while.

Let’s give some examples about Allen’s leadership: 

(1) Allen has never publicly said a bad word about any teammate, coach or fan. That shows maturity and leadership.

(2) Allen blames himself for his faults, instead of blaming others. That shows maturity and leadership.

(3) Allen continually tries to better those flaws. That shows maturity and leadership.

(4) Allen works extremely hard in all ways, from all reports. That shows leadership.

(5) Allen takes the time and effort to know and appreciate all of his teammates, no matter if rookie or 3rd string guy or not. That shows maturity and leadership. 

(6) Allen takes time out always for the fans, including special needs fans. That shows maturity and leadership.

(7) Allen has showed he has embraced the city of Buffalo, in many ways. That shows leadership. 

(8) Allen is willing to do anything it takes to win, including risking his body jumping over people and diving into end zones and flying over cones. That shows maturity and leadership.

(9) A win to Allen is more important than a other personal stats for him. That shows maturity and leadership.

(10) Allen is loved by his teammates and coaches from what we hear. That shows his leadership.

(11) Allen can see the positives through bad times. That shows maturity and leadership.

(12) Allen reportedly acts like a leader in the huddle, through his confidence and taking command of the situation and when calling the play. That shows leadership.

(13) Allen is not afraid of, nor disrespectful towards, supposed tough guy trash talking. That shows leadership. 

(14) Allen without complaint seems very fine with Dabols system at looking first for shorter and intermediate passes passes, and taking what they give, if it is there, before focusing on long throws. That growth mindset shows maturity and leadership.

(15) Allen talks like a leader in press conferences and supposedly when he trains and practices. That is a leader. 

(16) The original poster provided no proof Allen is not an off field or on field leader. That does not sound like a leader.

(17) The original poster may never admit he is wrong about Allen and his leadership. That does not sound like a leader.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Not for nuthin' - BUT Mr Jim Kelly was no poster child for maturity himself. Perhaps we would have won a SB or two had he been.

Edited by cd1

7 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Proof of him being immature? Proof of him acting and showing it on the field? 

Not sure I've ever witnessed that. I have witnessed him firing his teammates up, jumping on them when we score, running down the field to congratulate them....... 

I feel for the mods on this board. Anti-Allen posters are like cyber versions of cockroaches, you just can't kill them off. They just keep coming back under new screen names over...and over...and over again...

There must be at least three of them in this thread.