Hoyers signs 3 year deal with the Colts

GoBills!

17 minutes ago, GoBills! said:

3 year 12 million dollar deal. To Back up Jacoby. Not a bad pay day. I assumed he wanted to be released from the Pats to get this starting opportunity if Jacoby fails.

When he fails

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoBills! said:

3 year 12 million dollar deal. To Back up Jacoby. Not a bad pay day. I assumed he wanted to be released from the Pats to get this starting opportunity if Jacoby fails.

Hoyer played well in 2016 for Da Bears.

Hoyer played pretty badly in 2017 for the 49ers.

I thought at the time, he looked like his arm had noodled-out like Schaub.  Perhaps he found the "fountain of youth" they seem to have up there in NE

59 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

59.3% 9900 Yards 48 TD 30 INT; 16-21 W-L record

59.8% 12,270 Yards 70 TD  30 INT 28-30 W-L record

59.1% 3500 13 TD 7 INT 5-12 W-L Record

2 yrs 30 M

3 yrs 12M

Blackballed out of the league

Play the match game with the stats and the contracts...

Shane Falco

Willy Beanem

Paul Crewe

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hoyer played well in 2016 for Da Bears.

Hoyer played pretty badly in 2017 for the 49ers.

I thought at the time, he looked like his arm had noodled-out like Schaub.  Perhaps he found the "fountain of youth" they seem to have up there in NE

I can't wait for Brady to start noodling passes right into our arms....

8 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

59.3% 9900 Yards 48 TD 30 INT; 16-21 W-L record

59.8% 12,270 Yards 70 TD  30 INT 28-30 W-L record

59.1% 3500 13 TD 7 INT 5-12 W-L Record

2 yrs 30 M

3 yrs 12M

Blackballed out of the league

Play the match game with the stats and the contracts...

Hoyer, Kaep, Brissett from top to bottom (stats).  Yeah, it's weird.

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Jacoby Brisset is just not that good. I think he has played plenty for everyone to see that. Unfortunately Hoyer is not that good either. He's an ok backup though.

Brissett fits my criteria for the  "success" of a QB draft pick, meaning a functional NFL QB you can win with if the rest of the team is good (not "Magical Franchise Man" who can carry the team).  Those criteria are greater than 59% completion, greater than 6.5 YPA, ~200 ypg, and greater than 1.5 TD/INT.

Currently Brissett stands at 59% completion overall, 193 ypg for games he starts, 6.6 YPA, and 1.86 TD/INT.  Is he a "Magical Franchise Man" or on the level of Luck, No Way.  But he's good enough to win with if the rest of the team is OK.

If you cherry pick Hoyer's best years, he looks better but the key for a 33 year old dude is what did his most recent games look like?  He did not look good in SF.

We'll see what Frank does with them, but I think he may be in what I'll call the "Fitzpatrick Trap" Buffalo fell into under Gailey.  He's got QB that are good enough to win some games, but not good enough to make the team a playoff contender.  So it's going to be harder to draft a QB high, but they need a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Hoyer, Kaep, Brissett from top to bottom (stats).  Yeah, it's weird.

I think it's a case of you need to look a bit further under the hood, at attempts/game and YPG.  Hoyer >200 ypg in starts - 216 or something like that.  Brissett 193 ypg in starts for the Colts, a bit higher if you roll in NE.  Kaepernick 178 ypg.   Coaches see something different when they look at his game film.  He's like Taylor, he's not throwing with anticipation or taking the shots downfield that are there.

Our outspoken former RB called it right.  It's a combination of your talent level and your "nuisance factor" in the NFL.  Lower level talents who keep their heads down and don't cause a fuss (good teammates, nothing negative) stick around more than low-level talents who cause controversy and make headlines for reasons other than their play.  If you want to garner headlines for controversial reasons and stay in the league, low-level talent is not enough.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, GoBills! said:

And Swag Kelly immediately starts hitting the bottle