Food for Sunday's Game

Boy, I wish I could get some Zeigle's down here.  It's been ages since I've had some.

That said, with the time zone difference, the game will be on my Monday morning. 

I took the day off and plan on stuffing myself with beer, wings and maybe burgers.

Let's go Buffalo!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

LOL. You’re right. I’m relaxed smoking pork butt...I get nervous and jerky with brisket. 

I'm at the point where I will Target my meat being done at like 6 a.m. if I'm eating at 4 p.m. that way I have plenty of buffer

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I have. HN isn't better imo. 

My personal favorite after sahlens and zweigles are nathan's coney island original in natural casing. On site is best but great on any grill.

Just start extra early. You can rest it in a cooler for hours. I sometimes pull then reheat in the smoker in a foil pan.   May I also suggest that you try a Boston Butt instead of the shoulder? Smokes a lot better in my experience.  

Shoulder and Boston butt are same thing unless you’re buying from a butcher & specifically getting a picnic 

Edited by billsfanmiami(oh)

3 hours ago, Amarillo Bills Fan said:

I'm feeling pretty good about this season.

I just placed an order for some Zweigle's red hots and white hots.  It's been a long time since I grilled a white hot.  The wife doesn't like them so more for me.

I may have to place another order for tailgating at the Thanksgiving game.

Go Bill's!

I hit up the Erie Wegman’s when I am in Erie, PA  and go with a huge cooler. Buy them out of all the Zweigle’s and Hoffman’s white hots and stock pile them for a full 1-2 years. I am down to my last three dogs! 

5 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Target 14 in the smoker, then wrap in foil and put into a cooler for two 

more.

Now, I was under the impression you foil during the smoking process to help get over that stall. I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs.

I do appreciate all the responses. I also struggle with a fully wood side smoker to keep the temp low for long periods of time. I feel like I roller coaster between 250-300 the entire smoke.