Food for Sunday's Game

12 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

That's my issue, I'll plan for 12 hours on an eight pound cut and still be off by a few hours because of the stall.

There's an easy fix for the stall.

Google "Texas Crutch."

Many grilling sites will explain it, and the technique works great  to get through the stall, without measurably impacting the final product.

I use it to cut 1.5-2.0 hours when I'm I'm time constrained.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, PIZ said:

Never had either.  Are they pretty good?  From where did you order them?

I ordered here https://www.nystyledeli.com/cgi-bin/deli/search.html?mv_searchspec=Hots&mv_column_op=eq&mv_numeric=0&mv_search_file=products&mv_search_field=category&mv_matchlimit=50&mv_searchtype=db&mv_sort_option=f&mv_coordinate=1&mv_sort_field=dl_location&mv_search_page=results3.html

I went with the 6lb special.

Edited by Amarillo Bills Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PIZ said:

Are they hot dogs or sausages?

...they're hot dogs with pop open casing (I NEVER buy the skinless ones)....veal/pork blend with spices give them a different flavor.......they do have cooked sausages,etc but I never bother with them.........

Ingredients

Pork, water, beef, veal, nonfat dry milk, salt, contains 2 % or less of sodium lactate, corn syrup, dextrose, flavorings, sodium phosphates. No nitrates!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Pozole with garnish cilantro/chopped onion and warm flour tortillas with a couple labatts draft FTW ….not many Mexican places serve it and the billsbackers bar here serves an excellent version. Otherwise it would be a beef on weck with said labatts Its all good. GO BILLS!~!~!

• Like (+1) 2

Unfortunately the start of the game will coincide with T-ball game for one of the kids, so I'm guessing a Kona Ice from the Kona food truck and sneaking a donut from the team's post-game snack bag is about as good as it gets? Back at the house to watch the condensed game will be buffalo dip and burgers. Needless to say, diet blown that day.     

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...they're hot dogs with pop open casing (I NEVER buy the skinless ones)....veal/pork blend with spices give them a different flavor.......they do have cooked sausages,etc but I never bother with them.........

Ingredients

Pork, water, beef, veal, nonfat dry milk, salt, contains 2 % or less of sodium lactate, corn syrup, dextrose, flavorings, sodium phosphates. No nitrates!

These are probably not going to go well with my carrot / cottage cheese diet, but I will give them a try.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/3/2019 at 6:43 PM, mead107 said:

Pineapple pizza and garlic Parmesan wings. 

Totally against the grain!!!

21 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Every opening day is wings in the turkey fryer with Franks and Labatts or Molson. Whichever I can find in

My nephew just moved down and a couple other Bills fans/ friends should be over for a Wing Ding 

Where ya at?