About the Back to Back Meadowland Games...

StHustle

I tried to find this info out using Google (I know it's my friend) but didn't get an answer in the first few pages so i am here to consult my Bills brethren on a few curiosities I have:

#1 - Is this the first time in NFL history a team has played back to back away games in the same stadium?

#2 - Are the Bills gonna stay in Jersey between games, using some practice facility there, or make the short flights back and forth?

In my opinion, staying there makes sense if they can find adequate facilities to use. It's early in the season so not a big deal if players cant go see their families for a week, plus we follow it up with back to back home games so everyone will be fine. On top of that it also promotes further team building and focus. 

Does anyone have a factual answer to either of these questions? What is your opinion on #2?

1 minute ago, Golden*Wheels said:

My opinion would be it is so short of a travel time, you go home to your family and your own bed and practice facility. That's just me though, I haven't been a NFL HC in years.

Agreed.  Short flight.  Go home

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

#2 - Are the Bills gonna stay in Jersey between games, using some practice facility there, or make the short flights back and forth?

I distinctly remember some time in the early 80's, that the Bills stayed away two weeks in a row on a long trip, to save money and/or fatigue from taking a flight home and then back to the same area. I am not sure when. I was a child then. Are there any old timers here who remember this?

Edited by from_dunkirk

6 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

I distinctly remember some time in the early 80's, that the Bills stayed away two weeks in a row on a long trip, to save money and/or fatigue from taking a flight home and then back to the same area. I am not sure when. I was a child then. Are there any old timers here who remember this?

Yeah they got humiliated by over 40 points to San Fran and stayed over in Arizona and beat them in overtime, Fitzpatrcik was QB and they went to his house for a day, he lives out there.

My question is can they leave most of their game day equipment/clothes there or do they have ta cart it al back?  I would thin they could leave it all there, let the Meadowlands clean the clothes, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, nucci said:

They are flying from NY to Buffalo...will be home by 8pm.....no reason to stay there.

Our travel schedule is pretty great. We only leave "NYS" (Metlife is in jersey, but still a really quick trip) one time in the first 9 weeks. We should be free of any travel fatigue. Hopefully we take advantage of it.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah they got humiliated by over 40 points to San Fran and stayed over in Arizona and beat them in overtime, Fitzpatrcik was QB and they went to his house for a day, he lives out there.

I did not know this! Thank you

19 minutes ago, jletha said:

Our travel schedule is pretty great. We only leave "NYS" (Metlife is in jersey, but still a really quick trip) one time in the first 9 weeks. We should be free of any travel fatigue. Hopefully we take advantage of it.

And in Week 10, the Bills only travel to Cleveland, which is closer than MetLife in NJ.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

I did not know this! Thank you

And in Week 10, the Bills only travel to Cleveland, which is closer than MetLife in NJ.

Bills' facilities better than anything they could arrange near there.

Very short flight.

Not a serious consideration.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, from_dunkirk said:

I think that was a West Coast trip and it made sense because of the travel times.  Buffalo to NYC and back is a short trip, so I don't think it makes sense to stay there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

I tried to find this info out using Google (I know it's my friend) but didn't get an answer in the first few pages so i am here to consult my Bills brethren on a few curiosities I have:

#1 - Is this the first time in NFL history a team has played back to back away games in the same stadium?

In my opinion, staying there makes sense if they can find adequate facilities to use. It's early in the season so not a big deal if players cant go see their families for a week, plus we follow it up with back to back home games so everyone will be fine. On top of that it also promotes further team building and focus. 

Does anyone have a factual answer to either of these questions? What is your opinion on #2?

I don't think there are many other teams that share a stadium other than the TEMP  Los Angeles teams 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

When we win both of those games, GMFB is gonna lay some lovin’ on the Bills...?

Go Bills!!!

1 minute ago, mikemac2001 said:

We are not staying in NY 

this isnt a back to back west coast trip which they rarely stay anyways 

You mean New Jersey, right? ?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1